Military teams

JBT2020

The Veteran
Teams on the east coast, and more specifically the south east, what tournaments are you all playing in to gain points for Worlds, the USSSA site shows Apr 25th in Raleigh as a Military but the director doesn't have it listed as one

usafshelland

Addicted to Softballfans
At least you guys have tourneys... only 3 that I know of that are West of Texas... USSSA Commander's Cup (already passed), BLD Military NIT (Las Vegas in April), and Band Aid (Colorado Springs, June). I guess there are also Nevada Military State (same as BLD Military NIT), Colorado Military State, and Texas Military State (I believe the weekend after Band Aid according to the USSSA website).

44oki

Hillbilly
- Georgia Military Winter State Tourney (USSSA) 21 March 2015 3GG $275 Columbus, GA
- Northeast Florida Military States (USSSA) 11 Apr 2015 3GG $325 Jacksonville, FL
- PCB Military NIT (USSSA) 25 Apr 2015 3GG $315 Panama City, FL
- Florida Panhandle Military State and 6-7 June 2015 Dbl elim $390 Destin, FL
Stars and Stripes Military NIT (USSSA) Dbl elim $390
- Georgia Military State Tourney Warm-up (USSSA) 20 June 2015 3GG $300 Valdosta, GA
- Georgia Military State 18 July 2015 Dbl elim $390 Columbus, GA
Tribute to the Troops Military NIT (USSSA) 19 July 2015 Dbl elim $390

softballfan123

Addicted to Softballfans
Military Ball is'nt dying out on the East Coast at all.

The problem on the East coast is you drive 1-5 hours, pay $275-$400 and you end up with Cotton Hot assssss t-shirts and a plaque. There is no incentive at all for military teams. The directors don't push the program at all.

lanikeas

O2BSURFN
Military Ball is'nt dying out on the East Coast at all.

The problem on the East coast is you drive 1-5 hours, pay $275-$400 and you end up with Cotton Hot assssss t-shirts and a plaque. There is no incentive at all for military teams. The directors don't push the program at all.

You mean the frequent stay perks at Holiday Inn aren't enough for you? LOL Totally agree, the directors aren't even trying in many cases.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Best prize to benefit both the team and the tourney directors is probably to award the winning team their entry fee back. I could also see the directors making a deal with companies like sports55 or downtoearth sports to donate a bat or something to the tournament as a fee to allow them to come out and market their gear. Hopefully those who matter are seeing the comments here.

JBT2020

The Veteran
- Georgia Military Winter State Tourney (USSSA) 21 March 2015 3GG $275 Columbus, GA
- Northeast Florida Military States (USSSA) 11 Apr 2015 3GG $325 Jacksonville, FL
- Georgia Military State Tourney Warm-up (USSSA) 20 June 2015 3GG $300 Valdosta, GA

Yea we had looked at going to Jacksonville, but I had too many guys who had plans for that one, so we were going to do Apr 25th in Raleigh, we plan on going to the military state tourney warm up, then headed to Worlds

44oki

Hillbilly
Yea we had looked at going to Jacksonville, but I had too many guys who had plans for that one, so we were going to do Apr 25th in Raleigh, we plan on going to the military state tourney warm up, then headed to Worlds

"Freedom" association has military tourneys going on too if you didn't know. Pretty packed schedule between the 2 if y'all are willing to travel.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
44oki yeah if you are the east coast. I give it to you guys over there, you take care of your military boys out there on the southeast region. As for the west coast. you can hang it up. you will be lucky to get 6 teams to come out to a military other than Vegas/Band-aid or Commaders Cup. I just wish that the west coast directors will put more effort in the military conference and they don't. Its a shame.

JBT2020

The Veteran
"Freedom" association has military tourneys going on too if you didn't know. Pretty packed schedule between the 2 if y'all are willing to travel.

If we were getting permissive to be able to go to all these tournaments then we would think about it, but we are a first year team, no help from base so traveling is going to be at a minimum, we traveling in Apr,June, and August for out of state, everything else will be local or some where in a 2 hour range

b#7

CAPN MORGAN

Stacy,
Are you playing with Moody this year? We miss it there, too much going on in the states with the older kids.

44oki

Hillbilly
Stacy,
Are you playing with Moody this year? We miss it there, too much going on in the states with the older kids.

Yup I'm back after last year, definitely has some potential here. You can always come back lol

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Well we still have a house there so it's always an option but trying to get to east TN when I retire from here.

JBT2020

The Veteran
So I was told that any USSSA event we play in gets us points towards worlds, can anyone comment on that?