Military Worlds/ Utrip Major World Series

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
We are spoiled out here in Southern California when it comes playing on nice fields with BLD (replica of major league fields). Plus there are 7 - 10 fields depending on what location you are at. The only thing is they are booked all the time but get in with someone like Dennis Rulli and I bet he could make it happen. Would be nice to see it out here once and see how many east coast teams would travel. Plus it never rains that time of the year compared to PCB.

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
I would love to see it in Dallas or anywhere in the west side. The BLD fields out here in the west side are simply beautiful, and yes it barely rains out here in west side. I have been out to BLD at Palm City where they host the Toys for Tots tourney, all great fields. I hope you guys can talk to whoever you have to talk in USSSA to make it happen. I know you can have a great turn out for worlds if that happens. A good amount of Varsity A teams and bundance of B teams will show out. And dont forget about the women's side. These girls out here are dyingto play ball out here in the west coast. They have no representation out here. Im hoping you guys on the east coast will make that commintment like we do here on the west coast to do a little traveling. We have made the sacrafice for years to travel over there. Its overdue to be here. Its going to be hard to beat free ground crew, free fields thouigh. The 40K i dont understand, thats over my head but hopefully we can get something going next year or the year after.

BAMAJACK

Star Player
Guys, Senior gave me the berth to execute.. I didn't ask for it. BTW in 2014 you guys can go find another sponsor/supporter for the USSSA Military Program, SSAA Military Program, USSSA NIT STARS & STRIPES, and PACWIDE. I have enough challenges in everyday life to continually get bashed over supporting a program where people can't see the forest for the trees. I will continue to support the WSC & their Teams. Looks like most people think all of the dollars I personally donate and/or raise to support many different events (mostly ones the SCRAPS don't play in) is done to spin things in their favor. Unfortunately, the ones that think that are clueless and live in a dream world. I would ask how many other programs and/or non-profits claiming to support military softball and wounded warriors have contributed to the program and/or any wounded warrior program and/or initiatives. Top Flight 43 I'd ask you to see how far you get when you ask Miken to support these programs....Gentlemen, I hope you have a good and safe year.

SCRAP 44 OUT.

WIGGS22

Addicted to Softballfans
I have kept quite since this was posted but I just want to throw out a few facts....and Jeff , you are the one missing the point people are trying to make.

1. 2010, first year the Scraps go to USSSA Mil Worlds=first year for open rosters

2. 2011, 2nd year for Scraps, balls change....pretty sure we hit ZN's

3. 2012, 3rd year Scraps attend, Varsity "A" is moved to 300' fields and hitting the middle is illegal....

4 2013, 4th year Scraps are gonna attend, 12 hr's per game, pitching screens and still on 300 'fields....

I am not sure how many years USSSA Military Worlds has been up and running but I would assume its beens several years and the rules didn't change until 2010 and they have changed every year since then.

As far as the Major World Series goes, It was stated that it would be an All Star team, not the winner of USSSA Mil Worlds, or any throw together tournament. This will get real interesting if the Scrapalators don't win....

I am pretty sure the World tournaments you speak of will go on just like they did before DRASH became a sponsor....

If you wanna talk to me, feel free to call, you have my number....

Big Al#55

Photographer
Parris, yes I played at Walter Reed. They were tough back then, Ft. Sam also. Some of my best memories are playing in the MEDCOM. We(Ft. Stewart) won it a couple of times. I got MVP in 2008 up at Bragg!! We flew in from Hawaii one year and played at Ft. Sam. Those were the days!!!!

Big Al#55

Photographer
Josh, were playing in it. It's a good tournament and one of the only true open tournaments left. Class doesn't matter, just get in and play!! LMK if you guys need pics.

BIGCOUNTRYKS

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys, Senior gave me the berth to execute.. I didn't ask for it. BTW in 2014 you guys can go find another sponsor/supporter for the USSSA Military Program, SSAA Military Program, USSSA NIT STARS & STRIPES, and PACWIDE. I have enough challenges in everyday life to continually get bashed over supporting a program where people can't see the forest for the trees. I will continue to support the WSC & their Teams. Looks like most people think all of the dollars I personally donate and/or raise to support many different events (mostly ones the SCRAPS don't play in) is done to spin things in their favor. Unfortunately, the ones that think that are clueless and live in a dream world. I would ask how many other programs and/or non-profits claiming to support military softball and wounded warriors have contributed to the program and/or any wounded warrior program and/or initiatives. Top Flight 43 I'd ask you to see how far you get when you ask Miken to support these programs....Gentlemen, I hope you have a good and safe year. SCRAP 44 OUT.

Wow!! Im taking my ball and going home!! Cause you guys dont want to play by my rules. Military worlds was here before you and DRASH... I am sure it will continue. It may not have rings and a comfort tent for all your scraps but it will continue. As for the rest of those tournies they may suffer a little but someone will step up and push them. The band aid has 20 teams in it so far and they dont want a nickel from you!! Have fun getting smoked at the Majors!!!

Top Flight 43

Addicted to Softballfans
Jeff,

The military worlds were around long before I starting playing softball and before the start of the DRASH teams and sponsorship. So I'm pretty sure they will continue with or without your sponsorship. As far as Miken goes they are great ambassadors of the game of softball just like all other bat companies.

Guys, Senior gave me the berth to execute.. I didn't ask for it. BTW in 2014 you guys can go find another sponsor/supporter for the USSSA Military Program, SSAA Military Program, USSSA NIT STARS & STRIPES, and PACWIDE. I have enough challenges in everyday life to continually get bashed over supporting a program where people can't see the forest for the trees. I will continue to support the WSC & their Teams. Looks like most people think all of the dollars I personally donate and/or raise to support many different events (mostly ones the SCRAPS don't play in) is done to spin things in their favor. Unfortunately, the ones that think that are clueless and live in a dream world. I would ask how many other programs and/or non-profits claiming to support military softball and wounded warriors have contributed to the program and/or any wounded warrior program and/or initiatives. Top Flight 43 I'd ask you to see how far you get when you ask Miken to support these programs....Gentlemen, I hope you have a good and safe year.

SCRAP 44 OUT.

losguzzleros

Addicted to Softballfans
Jeff,

The military worlds were around long before I starting playing softball and before the start of the DRASH teams and sponsorship. So I'm pretty sure they will continue with or without your sponsorship. As far as Miken goes they are great ambassadors of the game of softball just like all other bat companies.

This is true. Also the Blue Angles have been flying for many years. What happened this year? The money is not there to support extra curricular events. Ask Osan how their softball program is, or any of the bases in Korea. PACWIDE would not be held without Drash support.

BIGCOUNTRYKS

Addicted to Softballfans
This is true. Also the Blue Angles have been flying for many years. What happened this year? The money is not there to support extra curricular events. Ask Osan how their softball program is, or any of the bases in Korea. PACWIDE would not be held without Drash support.

The blue angels are paid for by the military budget.....usssa military worlds isn't...

Your comparing oranges and apples....

BAMAJACK

Star Player
Wow!! Im taking my ball and going home!! Cause you guys dont want to play by my rules. Military worlds was here before you and DRASH... I am sure it will continue. It may not have rings and a comfort tent for all your scraps but it will continue. As for the rest of those tournies they may suffer a little but someone will step up and push them. The band aid has 20 teams in it so far and they dont want a nickel from you!! Have fun getting smoked at the Majors!!!

The band aide has asked for support and I'm currently reviewing what can be done to support them. I hope everyone has a great time at this great event.

Hines57

Extra Hitter
OK.....I started this post with info that I felt the military softball community should know. However the outcome of the deciding team is an embarrassment to all of softball.

Jeff, you are hosting a 4 team tournament in Sept where most military teams that can and have beaten your team (Scraps) in the past may not be able to attend because of budget. So what that will do is eliminate everyone except your team. Well ask yourself this.....what has the scraps past or present ever won? I'll answer for you....NOTHING THAT MATTERS! Yes I can say that because I've been there the last 3 years and never seen you guys play on Sunday.

Now if you want to be fair.....why not pick the team from the usssa worlds and you Jeff Jackson sponsor that team to the B worlds and then to the Majors. This way they will get some preparation in before the big dance. Also who the hell plays with a screen? This is tournament ball not company level league ball.

I will say this .....this program is going down the toilet because of changes made to try and help Scraps win a REAL world title and not that intemural crap they win and call them selves world champs. I'm not Chad Marlin but I wear #43 drink viatim water and can be seen patrolling the isles of walmart and I swing Miken.

4TheFallen/Miken/3N2

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Light-Skinned people always starting stuff and can't fight! LMAO!!!! WAL-MART!!!!! Man you got my stomach hurting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.4-thefallen.org

Hines57

Extra Hitter
is this Pony? funny how it got really quiet in here...

There will be a new Military World Champ in 2013 and it will not be Legion, NCR and certainly not the Scraps........mark my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I said it

Man who the hell let you on a computer....lol. I'll be in VA dawg this summer

Lets get it! Just give me a holla! I'm staying out of trouble now so i'll be able to hang out a little...LOL!

BAMAJACK

Star Player
Confirmed this today. The 2013 USSSA Military Varsity A Champion will receive the automatic bid to the USSSA Major World Series.

Big Al#55

Photographer
Yes, it is but I think they'd have a better chance at the A or B Worlds instead of the major. Panama City should be very exciting now that they know their playing for that shot in the stadium!! As we get closer to panama, we can start with the predicitions.