Military Worlds/ Utrip Major World Series

foote

Addicted to Softballfans
Last re-post

Due to lack of funding, Ft. Campbell won't have a team. If anyone is lacking some players, feel free to message me or email me at [email protected] . I will be down there already, just without a team.

-Foote

Last time I will post this, and is a last ditch effort to land a Varsity A team to play with. Have plenty of references and have Conference experience. I split time in Nashville, TN and the Hurlburt Field/Eglin AFB areas due to my job as an AF Health Professions Recruiter. I can bring some additional Ft. Campbell players also if needed.

-Foote

FBT32

The Veteran
who is all playing next weekend in the Kansas city tournament......Cars For Hereos Military Varsity A and Military Varsity B tournament?
sounds like a pretty good tournament. they will be giving out a car or 2 to a military familiy in need. KC is a good city, alot of after ball activites in the area. Hope to see a good showing next weekend.
Warfighter32

BAMAJACK

Star Player
Mmmmm. Not sure who said they turned down support but there's only been one team (our brothers at T4T) that was to ensure they didnt take funds from another deserving team since they had support from T4T. Btw I've spent the past five months trying to get USSSA to reverse its decision to use stadiums and a screen for Varsity A at Worlds. The last request was denied by the lawyers at USSSA (you can contact Jeff miller to confirm or I'll send you the email). I would encourage the ones with issues to come see me at Military Worlds. Also, I personally paid for additional rings for B, Women's, & Intramurals lady year. Folks you are fooling yourselves if you think the support I do is tilted toward the SCRAPS. The majority of the events I support are held and the scraps are not there. When you see DRASH supported that funding is coming from me as part owner. Non-substantiated Statements that fly around about me and the organization is the reason othe major sponsors will not support Military Softball. The folks that Continue to dogpile on here is eventually going to cost the majority a great military circuit. I worked for a year to get the USSSA Military Varsity A Champion a slot at the Major Workd Series to bring awareness and hopefully get some younger guys a chance to play on the conference. Hope no one is naive enough to think the USSSA came up with the concept for the Champion to the major.. Folks I enjoy a hard and heathy debate. If you want to do it call me or see me in person. I hope to see you at Worlds.

BAMAJACK

Star Player
Well I hate to burst your bubble but we were approached and we did turn it down. That's why we were one of the only teams that weren't sponsored by drash. We made our own money and paid our own way. I can't speak for other teams because lord knows 80% of the Jerseys you see at a military tournament say drash on them. I will say that stash has done a lot to keep it alive but I don't like the way he does business. If your a sponsor then be a sponsor, if you play then play, either way stop trying to stack the deck in your favor. I mean come on 12 findings and a net on the mound? Really??

Ur clueless and have a lot more things to worry about besides me and/or the SCRAPS. Ft Hood never submitted a tithing packet to the WSC. Also, win a game in Varsity A Worlds before stepping into the breach. There are a ton of good teams that will surely be ready to welcome you guys.

Semper, NCR, & GI to name a few.

BAMAJACK OUT!

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Question for you more experienced vets: trying to get uniforms ordered and the initial design uses our installation-specific logo on the front of the jersey......is that "allowed"?

JAG is looking into it but they are pretty short-manned and I imagine this is low on their priority list.....but I have to get these shirts going. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how does the "Over 40" program work? Anyone looking for an extra or 2?

Big Al#55

Photographer
Over 40 starts that Thursday morning and finishes up on Friday night I think. It's all you can hit, good ball, and a screen.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
No disrespect but if the base isn't giving you any support, why put that logo on your shirt. IJS!

Agreed......but we are "B" so based on the roster rules we are still representing this Base. Many of the players are new to varsity softball as well so having representation (jersey) of the "Base Team" is a good idea too.

And I am not creative enough to come up with an alternate jersey design, especially on such short notice :eek:

So the mock up is logo on front covering most of the chest with smaller player number and larger numbers on back with "JB MDL" above them. Nothing fancy....partial subs to keep costs down.

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
Mmmmm. Not sure who said they turned down support but there's only been one team (our brothers at T4T) that was to ensure they didnt take funds from another deserving team since they had support from T4T. Btw I've spent the past five months trying to get USSSA to reverse its decision to use stadiums and a screen for Varsity A at Worlds. The last request was denied by the lawyers at USSSA (you can contact Jeff miller to confirm or I'll send you the email). I would encourage the ones with issues to come see me at Military Worlds. Also, I personally paid for additional rings for B, Women's, & Intramurals lady year. Folks you are fooling yourselves if you think the support I do is tilted toward the SCRAPS. The majority of the events I support are held and the scraps are not there. When you see DRASH supported that funding is coming from me as part owner. Non-substantiated Statements that fly around about me and the organization is the reason othe major sponsors will not support Military Softball. The folks that Continue to dogpile on here is eventually going to cost the majority a great military circuit. I worked for a year to get the USSSA Military Varsity A Champion a slot at the Major Workd Series to bring awareness and hopefully get some younger guys a chance to play on the conference. Hope no one is naive enough to think the USSSA came up with the concept for the Champion to the major.. Folks I enjoy a hard and heathy debate. If you want to do it call me or see me in person. I hope to see you at Worlds.

We'll said if I might say so. I do have one question though. you said you got denied the last time you fought for no pitching screen and stadium balls. does that mean that this year they will be using them???

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
No disrespect but if the base isn't giving you any support, why put that logo on your shirt. IJS!

Well JAG was very quick in finding an answer today....and it looks like we won't be using the logo. Something about technically being "government property" and so the use of it would have to be approved at the Base level....and it potentially "could" but I don't have time for all that.

Hoodles25

Addicted to Softballfans
We, WCD/GI is not loaded Big Al #55. There will be a lot of great teams this year playing and looking forward to yet another year of good ball. Less then a month away!!

FBT32

The Veteran
The one thing that i find funny is....Drash does a whole hell of alot for the military circuit, with that in mind why do people care what mr jackson does with his money, if he want to put the scraps in the major worlds then so be it thats his right, most teams out there can even afford to paly in the major worlds, so why even make a big deal about it,if you have a problem with it find a sponsor willing to fund your team and play on the conference yourself....I just dont understand why so many people are really that upset with who gets to go and who dont. THANKS MR. Jackson for all you do for the military softball circuit, thanks for giving these soldiers a oportinity to play at higer level and enjoy that experience.

Top Flight 43

Addicted to Softballfans
So with the screens now in play at worlds, what is the purpose of the 5 man? Also what is the rule if a batter hits the screen and can the pitcher move the screen to where ever they want? I'm all for safty but there are no screens at the MAJOR WORLD SERIS and there is also NO FLOATING RUBBER.

I've won some games at the Varsity A level so I've earned the right to speak.

Travis14

Addicted to Softballfans
Unfortunately I'm Going to miss my first military worlds since 2005, good luck to all who make the trip, play hard, and remember what your representing!

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Honestly, we saw you at worlds last year and a few of our guys voiced their opinion of you straight to your face in a very loud manor. As far as A goes this year JTF will be the team for everyone to worry about, some of the Campbell guys are playing with them and the rest are rebuilding for next season. As far as me being clueless, let me ask you a question. What awareness is it going to bring to put the A champ in the Major Series? Now if you were putting the all tournament team in that might be a little different but probably the same outcome.

Ur clueless and have a lot more things to worry about besides me and/or the SCRAPS. Ft Hood never submitted a tithing packet to the WSC. Also, win a game in Varsity A Worlds before stepping into the breach. There are a ton of good teams that will surely be ready to welcome you guys.

BAMAJACK OUT!

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
So with the screens now in play at worlds, what is the purpose of the 5 man? Also what is the rule if a batter hits the screen and can the pitcher move the screen to where ever they want? I'm all for safty but there are no screens at the MAJOR WORLD SERIS and there is also NO FLOATING RUBBER.

I've won some games at the Varsity A level so I've earned the right to speak.

One edge of the screen has to be in the middle of the mound...atleast that's how it was in the 40's last year..

You'll still need to play 5man, screen isn't that big not to..

As far as hitting screen, I think they count as strikes...

Big Al#55

Photographer
The SSAA Armed Forces Worlds are next week in Florence, SC. It should be a good preview leading to Panama City. Varsity A is loaded!! There are a lot of diffrent changes for this year. Fields are 320+, screens, bat testing, and the ball has been toned down. I'm hearing it will be a 44/375.
Varsity A will get 12, B will get 6. So far the following teams are registered:

"JUST US" SOFTBALL FAM Women's Armed Forces D
ALL AMERICAN BOMBERS Men's Varsity A
BAND OF SISTERS Women's B, C, D OPEN
DSCR LADY WARRIORS Women's Armed Forces OPEN
DUTY CALLS Men's Varsity B
LADY CODE RED / DRASH / WORTH Women's B, C, D OPEN
N C R Men's Varsity A
OLD CORPS Men's Varsity A
SCRAPALATORS/WORTH Men's Varsity A
SEMPER ATHLETICS/DEMARINI Men's Varsity A
T4T Softball Inc. Men's A
TEAM BRAGG/DRASH/WORTH Men's Varsity A
TEAM SHAW WOMENS
FT. BENNING VARSITY B
BAMA HEAT VARSITY B

edspanish

The Puerto Rican!!
One edge of the screen has to be in the middle of the mound...atleast that's how it was in the 40's last year..

You'll still need to play 5man, screen isn't that big not to..

As far as hitting screen, I think they count as strikes...

It should be if you hit the screen the 1st time its considered a dead ball like a foul and then the next time you hit the screen its an out. dont quote me on this but this how i remember playing this at some of the Florida panhandle tourneys.

usmcluberti

Banned User
It should be if you hit the screen the 1st time its considered a dead ball like a foul and then the next time you hit the screen its an out. dont quote me on this but this how i remember playing this at some of the Florida panhandle tourneys.

You are correct that's how it's still done here unless they're playing with a courtesy. You could essentially hit the stupid screen twice in a row and still be alive

bashbro24

Back in the game
The one thing that i find funny is....Drash does a whole hell of alot for the military circuit, with that in mind why do people care what mr jackson does with his money, if he want to put the scraps in the major worlds then so be it thats his right, most teams out there can even afford to paly in the major worlds, so why even make a big deal about it,if you have a problem with it find a sponsor willing to fund your team and play on the conference yourself....I just dont understand why so many people are really that upset with who gets to go and who dont. THANKS MR. Jackson for all you do for the military softball circuit, thanks for giving these soldiers a oportinity to play at higer level and enjoy that experience.

GREAT POINT AJ!!!!!! I concur

demex69

Addicted to Softballfans
??????

BAMAJACK OUT!

Dunno wats going on here, or even how (Ft Hood)Team Hood/Louisville Slugger got caught up in this convo.......but wateva da misunderstanding is I'll clarify droppin bombs played wid Campell now plays wid JTF.....he lives in Tx, thus prolly the confusion. ......Hood has and will neva come on here and toot our own horn......muchless disrespect da game......hope that clears things up Mr. Jackson. ......

v/r

Miles Grant
MSG, USA (RET)
Team Hood/Louisville Slugger #16

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman

And a foul ball counts as............what a second.............strike!!!!!

drpnbmbs

At the gym
Dunno wats going on here, or even how (Ft Hood)Team Hood/Louisville Slugger got caught up in this convo.......but wateva da misunderstanding is I'll clarify droppin bombs played wid Campell now plays wid JTF.....he lives in Tx, thus prolly the confusion. ......Hood has and will neva come on here and toot our own horn......muchless disrespect da game......hope that clears things up Mr. Jackson. ......

v/r

Miles Grant
MSG, USA (RET)
Team Hood/Louisville Slugger #16

Yeah Im not sure how he put yall in on the convo