Mizuno AX4 bats?

Arrgh

Addicted to Softballfans
Mizuno AX4 bats? (only bat used by the Japan Jr. Women's team)

Was at the opening day of the Int'l Jr Women's Championships at Brampton, ON, Canada today. Saw the game between Japan and China, where Japan squeezed out a 1-0 win.

The entire Japan team was using only one type of bat, the Mizuno AX4. It's black and gold.
Found this website http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sportsguide/item/10017370/
Scroll down, it looks like the bat in the middle of the 5 bats showing.

I can't find any other info on this bat. Anyone know about this bat?

Last edited:

Arrgh

Addicted to Softballfans
Both teams played very well. The pitchers were really good.

The Japanese girls had one hit which should be a triple but was ground rule double. They had some hits, loaded the basese 2 times, but yes only 1 run. The Chinese girls only got to 1B a few times but no further. There were no fielding error by the Japanese girls at all, lots of great pitching and fielding. These were two very strong teams playing.

Arrgh

Addicted to Softballfans
Today Japan beat Neatherland 11-0. Then beat Australia 4-1.

Saw an ASA rep from US. He said we won't get those bats here. Didn't have time to talk more as he was going somewhere.

fishkiller12672

Addicted to Softballfans
That's cool you get to watch those games. Japan plays USA tough. Saw they practice 8 hrs a day they said while I was watching that womens pro league Chicago. USA was laxed the Japanese girl said who's on one of the teams.

Arrgh

Addicted to Softballfans
That Mizuno AX bat hits bombs, I can tell you that.

Can you elaborate?

--

Saw the championship game (of the World Jr women's) where Japan beat US 4-0. US had earlier beat Japan 4-0, and seemed to come out kind of over-confident. The Japanese worked their way on base, got a timely hit to bring in 2 runs, the the 4stick hit a HR.

I'd like to get my hands on one of those bats.:D But they probably cost an arm and a leg.:(