Mizuno Blackout Endcap

flballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I just purchased a new Blackout balanced model (white and black) and noticed that the endcap has a 1/16 inch gap between it and the end of the bat. It does not appear loose and looks pretty even all the way around. I have not swung a Mizuno as of yet. My question is wheather this gap near the endcap is normal for these bats/manufacturer, or is this a defect? I know that these bats have no warranty, but Mizuno said I could send it back if it is still in the wrapper and I thought it was an issue. Please let me know what you guys think or have experienced with this bat. Thanks for the input.

The raised endcap is completely normal and has been that way on every Blackout I've owned. I just got a brand new balanced (white barrel) Blackout yesterday, same thing.

THESHOE

Starting Player
+1 I've owned 3-4 of these as have friends, all had small gaps and it was never a problem. Carry on.

Lay at least 1000 hits on this before you say anything bad about the bat. Thank me later.... :thumb:

MULuke

League Night Hero
^^^What they said^^^

The only Blackouts that I've seen that don't have a little endcap separation are NIW!

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
Excessive endcap separation is no bueno. But what you have is pretty normal. I've had umpteen Crazes and Blackouts and only a couple had flush caps. Swing away. A quick search will show you even cracked end caps are not abnormal and don't affect the bat at all.

flballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the helpful input. It appears most say it is pretty normal and not a problem. I will start ripping with is ASAP! Thanks again.