Mizuno Pro Select

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Just checked out one at retail. May have to go back and buy it. WOW. Stiff as a board. Absolutely competes with the A2000 and HOH, it's one of the nicest gloves available at retail right now, especially at that price point.

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Just checked out one at retail. May have to go back and buy it. WOW. Stiff as a board. Absolutely competes with the A2000 and HOH, it's one of the nicest gloves available at retail right now, especially at that price point.

which one did you check out? the 12.75?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
which one did you check out? the 12.75?
Yeah.

QMnn38Hl.jpg

Leatherman

I got to check out 2 of the Fastpitch models today. 11.75 I-web and a 12" basket. Easily the stiffest gloves in the store, that's full of a2000/a2k and hoh/pp. Huge upgrade from the global elite.
Exactly what I was going to say. I tried dozens of different gloves at a VERY well stocked supplier, and nothing else there came close to being that stiff. I think a big part of it is the lining leather: to me, it looked and felt like regular shell leather, just camel colored. Certainly not like any soft tannage Mizuno normally uses for liners. And FWIW, the liners didn't have any special markings advertising it as "steer soft" like you would expect.

Regarding their DCT pattern, it felt great on my hand, perfect for hardball. But I think the 13" measurement is a bit optimistic. By "feel" it seems more like a 12.25"-12.5". Side by side with a HOH Goldschmidt, the Mizuno both felt and looked smaller. Not sure how it would be for softball.

SBfanz42

Mizuno is doing a 25% off sale today and I'm trying to talk myself out of buying one. So far so good but the day is young...