mlb free agency

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
One of my good baseball friends is a Detroit guy. Told him after Sox won series that I had no problem with them winning one in the next couple years. Detroit could use a winner other than the Red Wings. Cuz **** the Wings. jmo.

stork

Went to my first Avs game in a few years last week. Such a great live sport. On tv, kinda good.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
TV not so much but in person is very fun, I had a buddy who convinced one of the ticket agents (gate ticket checkers) his dad bought a row of season tickets the Thrashers so every time we went we sat 3rd row. It also probably had a lot to do with no many people being there but we never had a bad seat unless the red Wings were in town. Those games always sold out and we had to sit in our actual seats

stork

Sat 15 rows up the other day right on the 'goal line'. Only one corner was a little obscured, but fortunately I could just watch the 1/4 mile wide jumbotron. Sometimes caught myself watching it too long on the screen but the resolution was amazing.

stork

Interesting trade. O's need a 2b? Weeks had/has a bit of potential, just hasn't stuck.

stork

Yep. Per cbssports:

The trade fills a need for both teams. The A's lost closer Grant Balfour to free agency while the O's have a long-standing hole at second base due to Brian Roberts' continued injury problems. Baltimore likely views Weeks as a change of scenery player.

Beer_Leaguer

Not Drunk.
I don't know how I feel about this. I hope they are freeing up $$ for another move. Probably a good sign that Napoli will be back.

It's more that they didn't want to commit to Salty for multiple years with Vazuez waiting in the wings. Platoon Ross and AJ, probably 50-60 for Ross and around 100 for AJ.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
Nathan has been pretty solid and of he can do that in that park in Texas I would think being a serviceable closer in Detroit would be no problem. 2 year contracts are rare for 39 year old closers though

hedge

life takes guts
i liked nathan when he was in mn. dude looks like he's going to have a nervous breakdown before every pitch.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
You seem to keep up with MLB pretty well, tell me something good about who they got

It kinda seems like a salary dump to me unless they have some prospects waiting to be part of the rotation. The prospect they got is already number 3 in Detroit's system. He's a "low ceiling" guy that's supposed to be a back of the rotation type starter. It's kinda an odd deal for Detroit. We're talking about he same team that freaked out over an injury and signed a 200 million dollar contract. This is one of those deals that you have to wait a while to judge IMO.