MLC vs. Fu Dawg/Flipper/Aftermath

RLee25

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm sure it's been talked about before, but I'm not on here enough to have seen it. I swing a 28oz MLC in ASA only league. Do the Fu Dawg, Flipper or Aftermath really outperform with the .52 balls enough to justify upgrading. I'm closing in on 40 with a bum shoulder so I'm a base hitter, but I did go deep for the first time this fall since I was in my 20's. If you've swung both, let me know your opinion. Thanks

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
I have owned all of the bats mentioned above. Short and sweet answer I think the flipper hit the 52 balls the best. It was made exclusive just for those balls where as the aftermath and fu both hit it very well but I think the flipper would be a better choice. Plus out of the bats you mentioned it would be the cheapest and most readily available bat. Now way you would get a 26-28 oz aftermath unless you are paying close to 200. The fu is also a pretty easy find idk how it would hit the 52s. It's my current gamer and it is flat out nasty against hard balls.

So again get the flipper lol

015reddog

Certified Slacker
If your mlc is broken in and webbed up, it should be fire. I have swung the OG flipper and the AM and they are hot out of wrapper, but unless you are looking to buy a new bat, I wouldn't worry about it until you really need one.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Only issue I had with the MLC was that 28 was the heaviest...
My MLC is webbed and spiraling, pretty dang hot, but I do miss the extra 2 ounces of swing weight.

I do have a 30 Fu and Flipper coming in for next week :D

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
I loved my MLC and once it was broken in I felt that it was just as good as any bat out there. That being said the aftermath murders the 52 Cor ball and I would pick a broken in aftermath over a broken in MLC. I do not know how long the aftermath a will last but 100 swings on one with no sign of wear.

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans
AM all day over those. The AM hits the 52s better than the OG Flipper. I've owned all the bats you listed and the AM is by far and away the best out of em all.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
the flipper is more affordable than the AM and is plenty nasty w/the 52's.....flipper is cheaper and just as good as anything against the 52's IMO

i'm currently trying to find an og flipper that will pass compression, I miss my old one a bunch but there is no way it would pass compression again this year

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
The OG Flipper crushes 52/300 balls, but I would still take the J3, Aftermath, and Mercy over it straight out of the wrapper. After about 500 swings, I would then consider swinging the Fu-Dawg over it too. Not to slight the OG Flipper, but IMO, it never won me over like the other bats from the 2013 line.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Depends on money imo. New bats will help with mis hits on 52's but a good hit with any bat will send them flying. Even a SSEST will hit 52's great, just a matter of how much is the extra help worth to you. I made the switch.

chedched

Coach
I swing my MLC in bp since it swings so close to my gamer FU. I'd say the MLC is broken in completely and the Fu (also broken in around 600+ swings) still beats it hands down. I don't play anywhere with the .52 balls yet so I can't comment on that aspect of it.