MODS/anyone help

Hogrider

A few weeks ago I was in talks with a board bro regardjng purchasing a bat. In the meantime we stopped communication and I found the same bat here on the forum and made a purchase. The very next day I a bat came in the mail, i ripped it open and realized it was not the bat I had picked up yesterday, but the guy from a few weeks ago decided to send out the bat we were in talks about a few weeks back. We communicated via text and I didn't save his #, so therefore I can't get in contact with him so I can sent it back. And I can't read his return address on the label.

Any help would be great! Just trying to return the dudes bat. I thought by now he would of contacted me? MAybe he doesn't realize I didn't pay. Who knows.

Thanks

Joker

did he give you his PayPal? also do texts just disappear? did you delete them? this is another reason why you send PMs and not texts

Hogrider

did he give you his PayPal? also do texts just disappear? did you delete them? this is another reason why you send PMs and not texts
He did, in the text. And yes, I deleted our convo when I pursshsed from another board bro because I no longer needed his contact info. Texts are 100% better for pictures. That's why he text me. Thanks for the help though. At least km trying to resolve the issue. I coulda kept the bat and shut my mouth.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Search for the bat on the forums. Maybe come across the selling thread and see if you can find him that way? Maybe seeing the pictures will ring a bell on which post it was.

Hogrider

Also, if it helps I remember him telling me he orgiaonally lived in PA, where I am from. He then moved to Caliin the 1979's??We actually talked a a bit through text. Someone has got to know who I'm taking a about. Seemed like a real standoff dude.

Said he was selling Bc he had too many bats and he was playing senior ball.

Also the bat was a 17' DC41 ASA

Last edited:

Hogrider

if he gave you his PayPal and you gave your address, sounds like a deal was done
He gave me the wrong PayPal. Then we stopped convo For 2.5 weeks.. then all the sudden the bat showed up. If I had his correct PayPal Id send the dude the money , like I said I'm just trying to straighten it out. So if you don't have any good input, don't clutter my thread

Joker

sounds like there is more to this story. you tried to send him money once? how do you know it was the wrong PayPal?

Hogrider

Bc he said it was the wrong address that it was a typo. Said he's got ADHD and messed it up.

Anyway I'm done holding a convo with you. If anyone has info on this guy I'm talking about, let me know so I can get in contact with him. Thanks

Joker

so he sent the wrong PayPal and then didn't send the right one after he told you it was the wrong one? this guy might be senile

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you even start a conversation here with him!?

Sorry but this whole situation does sound kinda weird..ijs

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
texts are not better for anything
To each his own..

I have done probably 80/90% of my deals involving some texting,some of those exclusively through text..

I always save all conversation be it text or pm , and pics or whatever else is involved with my deals until all is said and done and everyone is gtg with the deal..

Heck I even save that stuff for a week or two after all is done on some occasions..

But that's just me

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
To each his own..

I have done probably 80/90% of my deals involving some texting,some of those exclusively through text..

I always save all conversation be it text or pm , and pics or whatever else is involved with my deals until all is said and done and everyone is gtg with the deal..

Heck I even save that stuff for a week or two after all is done on some occasions..

But that's just me
Would you save it if the guy stopped communicating for weeks and you never sent payment?

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do everything on here. If people ask for my number I'll give it occasionally. Seeing pics on my computer screen is way better than my phone. I can access sbf from anywhere.

Did you on him at all? I've forgotten names before but could find them myself easily enough. Did you post on his thread? You can go through old posts.

Joker

yea those 4kb are gonna kill your storage space

"as the average SMS is only 190 bytes in size. That means an iPhone with 16GB of free space can store more than 90 million messages."

Hogrider

yea those 4kb are gonna kill your storage space

"as the average SMS is only 190 bytes in size. That means an iPhone with 16GB of free space can store more than 90 million messages."
Like I said, Im not here to argue with you, or have to explain myself. The text is deleted, no longer on my phone, regardless how bad you want it to be.

Joker

i wasn't talking to you anyways, i had quoted jbo. seems like you want to argue with me for no good reason

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Would you save it if the guy stopped communicating for weeks and you never sent payment?
I can assure you this, I would know who it was/is I am dealing with and or have communicated with..

It seems to me the the easiest quickest solution would be to take the package to the carrier that delivered it , have them scan the label and it should surely let them know where it came from unless the guy just randomly sends packages to whoever without having a return addy (in the event something happens). Js

Joker

maybe you should post a pic of the return address. maybe someone who is smarter than you can make out a name/address

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh and btw I just looked and I do happen to have a saved txt from someone that I started a convo on here (pm) and was trying to work a deal that never transpired from 3/3/17..

Yes I'm bad sometimes lol