Monsta Info

sixone190

Appreciate the input, guys. Definitely starting to see why it's a touchy subject given some of the stuff with warranties, etc.
Maybe I just had a really good weekend hitting it on the screws with the older model. My buddy swears by the Bombardier and I wouldn't give him $50 for it. I did not like it at all.

dunkky

Appreciate the input, guys. Definitely starting to see why it's a touchy subject given some of the stuff with warranties, etc.
Maybe I just had a really good weekend hitting it on the screws with the older model. My buddy swears by the Bombardier and I wouldn't give him $50 for it. I did not like it at all.

bombardier is an excellent bat, it just didn't fit your swing. it's not touchy subject at all. people just wanna make fun of the cult icon and his relentless followers. LOL. Honestly, i don't think you can really go wrong with any of the monsta bats. They all will perform well for sure just like other brands! Just don't become a follower blocking ears and eyes and start posting like this.

a: fire, fire, fire.. Carl, you are god!! The best bat in the world
b: it's filthy, spitting fire, thank you so much Carl. It's the best thing i ever swung.

C: well, they are good but other brands are just as good or better and cheaper and less waiting period.
a+b: Yeah?? did you see that 200 mph exist speed off of that torch? Did you see that og DNA lasted 10k swings?
C: my Easton lasted 20k swings. my miken's exist speed was 220 mph. so there.
a+b: Where do you live man? i am coming after you, your wife, your kids.
C: ??? I didn't mean to hurt you guys feeling, it's just my opinion based on my experience.
a+b: shut up, don't post this garbage in monsta page.
Carl: LOL. swing away my children, swing away, those 25 oz will launch missiles and bombs. SWING AWAY, my children.

LOL, obviously, i am exaggerating, but you got the point. For your sake, don't become those clowns.

Chris_R

I Thought I Reacted Well
I have only swung a handful of Monsta's a handful of times, and I had good results with each. Nothing so eye opening I had to rush out to buy one immediately though, but I can't lie...I'll probably pick up a Daisy Cutter when I come across one for the right weight/handle/condition/price simply because of my USAF background. I only wish it was painted with an OD green base instead of the tan. :D

They are raffling one off at our AMMO Bowl tourney in TX at the end of the month though, so maybe I'll get lucky.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i don't find the sweetspot any bigger or smaller than my freak plat/est/flippers that i've had. But Carl basically believes that a bat that breaks prematurely breaks because of misuse. "i've seen our A team guys put 10,000 swings on that bat and it didn't break, you had to be swinging it at 44s!" unless there is some known batch flaw theres is a chance that your warranty claim is denied. Now ultimately having been around the block a bit, i understand his ultimate concern. I've broken bats with ultimate evils or light poles to send back for warranty too. He is much better about it than he was but still rough around the edges. I had a buddy get denied a warranty on a broken zombie just 2 weeks ago.

maybe i said it here maybe i said it somewhere else. the reason i like monsta is because my torch has about 5000 hits on it, my usa torch has about 2000 on it and both easily pass compression. to me thats important. my Miken/ESTs failed after about 500 hits and my flipper almost failed after taking off the wrapper. and it wasn't just me. So thats when i went with a monsta and haven't had to worry about it much. That said, this year the tournament scene is beginning to dwindle as more and more stuff with the kids is dominating my time So pass/fail is going to be much less of a concern for me.

if pass/fail is of no concern, just find a product that swings well in your hands and go for it. they all are about the same performance wise.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
i don't find the sweetspot any bigger or smaller than my freak plat/est/flippers that i've had. But Carl basically believes that a bat that breaks prematurely breaks because of misuse. "i've seen our A team guys put 10,000 swings on that bat and it didn't break, you had to be swinging it at 44s!" unless there is some known batch flaw theres is a chance that your warranty claim is denied. Now ultimately having been around the block a bit, i understand his ultimate concern. I've broken bats with ultimate evils or light poles to send back for warranty too. He is much better about it than he was but still rough around the edges. I had a buddy get denied a warranty on a broken zombie just 2 weeks ago.

maybe i said it here maybe i said it somewhere else. the reason i like monsta is because my torch has about 5000 hits on it, my usa torch has about 2000 on it and both easily pass compression. to me thats important. my Miken/ESTs failed after about 500 hits and my flipper almost failed after taking off the wrapper. and it wasn't just me. So thats when i went with a monsta and haven't had to worry about it much. That said, this year the tournament scene is beginning to dwindle as more and more stuff with the kids is dominating my time So pass/fail is going to be much less of a concern for me.

if pass/fail is of no concern, just find a product that swings well in your hands and go for it. they all are about the same performance wise.
What year flipper was it that was borderline outa wrap

sixone190

I would probably feel the same way as most, but just getting back into it, I haven't seen/read/ dealt with any of the customer relation stuff with Monsta. Or maybe it's because I've been lucky enough to never return a bat so getting screwed on a return isn't a serious concern.
Don't hit many tournaments to worry about pass/fail, so just looking for whatever I'm comfortable with.