MONSTA Torch info / Price Check

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Fellas, need some info on this. First monsta I ever owned. Picked it up from a guy a league to play in states and nationals late summer / fall which are the only 2 tournaments we play where we hit the 52. Just looking for opinions on quality and durability, model year, weighting, etc? Would also like some opinions on value as I won't hold on to it much longer after states and nationals.

Thanks,

tonys1

Stupid question perhaps, but considering the owner publicly states they're basically all repaints since "they can't get any hotter", shouldn't they all be worth less than $209 if they are used?

WarHorse

Star Player
They charge $299 new for a no warranty bat if it’s a bat sprayed in dark yellow paint.

Goldies are charity bats, but yes, they are no different than the original models, just different paint. I've only ever broken one Monsta, and that was after, no lie, 3-4000 hits. It was the bombardier, and it was SUPER HOT after 500 cuts and just got hotter. So the 299 or 209 no warranty doesn't bother me much.

I still own an OG Widow, OG Boogie, and both have seen some major abuse and are still trucking along.

On the flip side of that, I also have a 2017 DC41 that's seen some hell too, and it's damn near mint still. No cracks, very minor chips, fire stick.

Country469

They're not that good compared to anything else but if you like em, cool.

The fact that the warranty is basically useless cuz Carl lies is the reason to not buy one. So he can tell you he knows what balls are being hit by the bat (he cant)

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Stupid question perhaps, but considering the owner publicly states they're basically all repaints since "they can't get any hotter", shouldn't they all be worth less than $209 if they are used?
But they're hawt so he can charge what he wants :rolleyes:

RAM4

Addicted to Softballfans
Fellas, need some info on this. First monsta I ever owned. Picked it up from a guy a league to play in states and nationals late summer / fall which are the only 2 tournaments we play where we hit the 52. Just looking for opinions on quality and durability, model year, weighting, etc? Would also like some opinions on value as I won't hold on to it much longer after states and nationals.

Thanks,

Convo started about this bat