Most embarrassing moment

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
Same thing with coed softball. Leadoff batter walks up, wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, a wife beater underneath, shorts to its knees, socks up to its kness with hair shorter than mine.

Ump looks, tosses me the guy's ball, I pitch, batter grounds out to third. Ump goes to throw me the girl's ball as a guy walks towards the box. The catcher, the ump and myself had no idea the first batter was a girl. The ump even apologized to me.

fldiverr

Addicted to Softballfans
Stepped into the batter's box once with the weighted donut still on my bat from the on deck circle.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
In college I invited my roommate to play. He was pretty athletic and told me how he had played baseball all through high school, starting rotation for them. Tried out for the college team and made it, but quit to focus on his studies. So I'm thinking he's gotta have SOME talent, right. He can't be worse than the catcher on our team who might get on base twice all year and might throw the ball back to the pitcher accurately once per game. (This was before I started putting my own team together).

Well, my roommate gets out there, looks like he's never thrown a ball - mean, he's gripping the softball with his finger tips to throw it. He looks straight up ridonkulous! Then he strikes out 4 times swinging in the game. He was embarrassed, but I felt like a complete D bag for talking him up and convincing the team he'd be a good sub for the night.

Moral - NEVER pick up a sub based off of what they say.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
playing co-ed, i'm pitching. batter comes up and i start to say "hey you can't bat 2 guys back to......" and stopped when i realized it was a girl

EVERYONE that's played co-ed has had a moment of mistaking a gender. Mine actually goes a little deeper haha

So this new team comes into our league, we played them second game of the season, their CLEAN UP hitter comes up, smashes a liner into LF, then through the game the hitter is easily the team's best hitter. We even shook hands at the end and I guess I didn't get a good look at the faces.

We played them again in a league based tournament and 4 innings in my pitcher walked the three hitter and he walks to 2B and were like woah buddy one bag on a walk, and he's saying no I get two bags, (the "girl" is stand in the batter's box in clear view of everyone through this), and then everyone is yelling at that point, "NO you only get two bags if there's a girl behind you, come on man, you've been in the league two months and you don't know this yet?" and he says "there is a girl behind me you morons".... at that point you could hear a PIN drop lol.... the game went on VERY uncomfortably.

We were not the only team to have this issue that season. Thing is, she's not a lesbian, she's married and has three kids. :confused:

gaternation

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit a shot tonight that hit off the fence and wasn't running all that hard since it looked like it was going over. Anyway I coasted into 2nd except I looked up and couldn't find second and ended up getting tagged out. The base was almost covered over by dirt but still no excuse. :Flush: No question, it was a short bus moment for sure.

Amess215

I TURN DBLES 2 SINGLES
two years ago in league playoffs. we're playing for 3rd or 4th place. 2 outs, man on 2nd and 3rd base. we are down by 1 run and im up to bat. i smash a hard laser to RC. short hops the RC and he throws a rocket and gets me out at 1st from the OF. we lose.

This happened to me as well.

I think the most embarrassing moment was when I was at third, I had a routine grounder hit to me,(which I fielded perfectly), I went to take my step to throw, I accidentally stepped on my front foot with my back foot,(without realizing this because I was moving so fast) . When I went to step forward to throw my foot got stuck and the rest of my body went crumbling down to the ground. Ball never left my hand, everyone was safe and howling.

trip

stfu
i've airmailed a few from shortstop into the parking lot. only once has it destroyed a windshield

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmmmm...

Came up to bat, bases loaded, 1 out. All I needed was a simple base hit, or a sac fly. Fouled off the first pitch in a terrible way (up and behind the umpire). Laughed at myself, tried it again, then fouled in the same fashion. Laughed even harder at myself, went up to bat, swung and just completely missed the ball and fell over while swinging.

Absolute nightmare, but dear lord I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid I must have looked.

Softball101tc

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmmmm...

Came up to bat, bases loaded, 1 out. All I needed was a simple base hit, or a sac fly. Fouled off the first pitch in a terrible way (up and behind the umpire). Laughed at myself, tried it again, then fouled in the same fashion. Laughed even harder at myself, went up to bat, swung and just completely missed the ball and fell over while swinging.

Absolute nightmare, but dear lord I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid I must have looked.

Only you were laughing.

swingaway06

Addicted to Softballfans
I can laugh at myself for this one because I'd be laughing too if I was one of my teammates watching it happen... Rounded 3B heading home and lost my footing somewhere between 3B and home plate. Other team notices I'm off-balance and trying to keep upright and gets the ball back in quick to make a throw home, I eventually "slide" head first when I finally lose balance and have to do an army crawl the last few feet to touch home just before the ball gets to the catcher. Both teams are getting a good chuckle out of it by now and I am starting to laugh myself and the other team's catcher helps me up while I do the walk of shame to the dugout where my teammates are just dying laughing at this point at what just happened. Still catch crap about that play years later

I can laugh at myself for this one because I'd be laughing too if I was one of my teammates watching it happen... Rounded 3B heading home and lost my footing somewhere between 3B and home plate. Other team notices I'm off-balance and trying to keep upright and gets the ball back in quick to make a throw home, I eventually "slide" head first when I finally lose balance and have to do an army crawl the last few feet to touch home just before the ball gets to the catcher. Both teams are getting a good chuckle out of it by now and I am starting to laugh myself and the other team's catcher helps me up while I do the walk of shame to the dugout where my teammates are just dying laughing at this point at what just happened. Still catch crap about that play years later

At least you can always say you were safe though it might have been even funnier had you been tagged out a foot away from the plate. :)

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Hit a shot to the warning track fence. I just stare at it like I just hit a laser line drive out for a HR only to turn a double/possible triple into a single.

My team is sitting on the 1b side n giving me ****, and I just can't wait to get to the 3b side :eek:

swingaway06

Addicted to Softballfans
At least you can always say you were safe though it might have been even funnier had you been tagged out a foot away from the plate. :)

That is my comeback whenever it is brought up "at least I was safe!" Otherwise it might have been a Willie Hays Mays moment from major league where he came up a couple feet short of 2B on an attempted steal and gave the guy the finger as he tagged him out :)

pudds

Star Player
I don't have one for myself, but I have a decent one for a teammate from the first game of the year last year.

Fly ball to our left fielder, who has a habit of dropping routine flies, but makes the catch this time.

Our shortstop says "Hey, <Left Fielder>, I see you got that spring in your glove fixed over the winter."

Left fielder throws the ball in to shortstop, it's not a great throw, and shortstop moves forward to pick up the ground ball, bends over, steps on his own glove and goes ass over tea kettle, winding up on his back in shallow left.

Karma's a *****.

trhuby

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy on 2nd, 2 outs, down by 4, about 10 seconds left on the clock...friends on the other team are playing way back and talking smack about me dropping a bunt down. In the most arrogant manor possible, I step on the plate and bunt the ball up the 3rd base line to ensure and punctuate the 3rd out. :cool: :slomo: Only problem was that I failed to recognize that we were visitors. No one really knew what to do or to think as I proudly walked back to the dugout to grab leather. The umpire said "Uh ball game, I think you guys are away???" We lose...dumb*** :nutkick: I still hear "no bunting" on occasion.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
El Scorpio

I'll play, although mine wasn't very embarrassing, more funny. I still laugh about it to this day :D

Runner on 2nd one out and I had just singled moving the runner (my Dad) to 3rd. The catcher was pretty crappy for the other team, so I called the ol, "I'm going to steal to bait a throw while you go home" the 3B coach received said sign, and let the guy know coming to the plate to take one. Pitch comes in, it bounces to the side of the plate, and I take off, kinda fast, but I slow my roll making sure I get noticed. I do, and I'm probably 1/4 of the way to 2nd when the throw comes in to the 2b. he starts running at me, so I stop, and slowly start to retreat, he throws it to 1b, and I go towards 2nd......all while my Dad is standing on 3rd watching me. I yell "Hey Dad, you think you might want to go home?" while laughing. So, back and forth about 6 times, I decide I'm just going to go for 2b. I generally slide feet first, but for whatever reason, I slid headfirst this time. I started my dive about 8' away from the bag. I hit the ground, and didn't slide, at all. I faceplanted and my feet/legs proceeded to come up over my head like a scorpion :D I was tagged out about 5' away from the bag.

The only thing I could think about was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iZr7UyQ4Co

This happened to our 3b on Monday. Given that we had rain on Friday and Saturday, the IF clay was pretty tacky. Funny thing is the ball beat him to the bag yet he managed to get in under the tag.

You could hear a pin drop until our pitcher busted out like a hyena...

Wish this was actual footage from our game:

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple7

Addicted to Softballfans
Played in a tourney as just a pick up player, lead off the game and I get a high middle pitch which I love. I tomahawk the crud out of the ball and it launches. The guy who brought me yells "it's a E tourney"
Inning ending out and offensive ejection. I counted for 7 outs in that game. Wish I would have known it was E before I got up to bat.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Walking through the line after the game ended saying good game... It was coed... The Girl in front of me stops another girl in line and says " ohhhh how sweet, I didn't know you were pregnant!?" The women says " I'm not... I just can't stop eating"

True story

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
Last week...quick 3 or 4 minutes of a hard rain shower. First AB, hitting 4th...rip one in the corner, go to round 1st...hit the wet bag. BOOM...total sniper blow out. Muddy mess, hurting everywhere. Ask the ump if we can skip the bags cause they are slippery. Touch 2nd base on the next single...wobble on that bag but don't fall. Running home on the next hit, put my foot hard into the ground next to the bag, boom again... fall again and roll into foul territory like a clumsy fool. Throw comes in behind me to 3rd....I get up to scramble home and flop into home plate....safe, but my third muddy spill in one trip around the bases. Lots of laughter, felt pretty stupid. I can be fast for a big guy so when I get going and fall it is more explosive. I laughed it off, what ya gonna do?

fastfinn

Starting Player
Swung so hard at a meatball and missed, came out of my shoe did a full circle and landed on my back for strike 3. Everyone got a good laugh out of it though.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
In coed this past summer the opposing coach shouted, only a girl fielder can be in front of the coed line in the outfield. He shouted this probably 3-4 times, we all looked around confused. Our LF has a short hair cut and huge boobs so she just turns sideways. The coach just shouts OH, SORRY!!!

66FLH

Addicted to Softballfans
Slid headfirst into a female catcher in Co Ed about ten years ago, who happened to be pretty decent looking. Ended up in with my head in between her thighs and we got kinda tangled up. Her boyfriend was pitching and kept yelling for me to get up. I dint move, I wasnt embarrassed but it was funny as hell. She wasnt as upset as her boyfriend..:bigok:

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Once got caught in a port a john at a coed tourney. It wasn't pretty.

I remember this wasn't you arrest for lewd act on self ?:D

picture.php

rmp0012002

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing right field with two outs and the lead. Simple fly ball to right to easily end the game and backing up slightly I step in a hole, I go down and the ball bounces behind me allowing two runs score and we lose.