Most similar to OG LV1

tkr18

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry for the noob question, but I have not kept up with all the new or recent models.

What current or upcoming non-ASA bat or bats are most similar to the OG LV1.

Factors I am looking at are performance, end load and availability.

Last edited:

4xtra

Player/Coach
Sorry for the noob question, but I have not kept up with all the new or recent models.

What current or upcoming non-ASA bat or bats are most similar to the OG LV1.

Factors I am looking at are performance, end load and availability.

I agree with the post above.
But the absolute closest you will get is a Kirby USSSA.
The Kirby is closer to a L1 than a LV1

TRaj2327

Yes. Black L1, Red L1, OG LV1, LV2, ASP SPE, ST100ASP, SIS 100H, Kirby.....these are all essentially the same bat. 12" barrel with nearly the same endload on all of them and all the ones I have swung basically are the same thing.

WillW3

Starting Player
Yes. Black L1, Red L1, OG LV1, LV2, ASP SPE, ST100ASP, SIS 100H, Kirby.....these are all essentially the same bat. 12" barrel with nearly the same endload on all of them and all the ones I have swung basically are the same thing.

Usually the one with the most hits is the best. Those are all similar. I'd say the SIS 100h is the most different because of the barrel composite.

TRaj2327

Pretty much my experience as well. People can say what they want, but the Eastons (excluding Mako and Torq) are essentially unchanged for 4 years now except for the most minor of tweaks....at least in USSSA.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!

nah...there are differences in weighting and performance out of the wrapper. Out of all these bats, the OG LV1 felt ready to go from swing one and only got better. The EL's are different from the progressive, 1oz, and .5 oz progressive...so just that difference makes it different to swing.

I had a 27 13' L1 and OG LV1 and they were definitely different to me. The L1 took a while to get good.

TRaj2327

Most of the differences can be attributed to the change in EL as different EL's will change the feel at contact. I've already had private conversations with people from D 2 E and they confirmed it is the same as an L1. It's no different than the Legacy and the Future being the same bat except the balance points being different, consequently, the Future feels softer than the Legacy does.

ozo974

Addicted to Softballfans
there is NO WAY a L1 is the same bat as an OG LV1.....

Last edited:

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree that it makes more sense that they are the same bat with different endloads but it seemed like there were way more reports of LV1s failing compression and webbing up quicker. Besides I havent seen a L1 hit like etnstudios' LV1.

Jusrah99

I agree that it makes more sense that they are the same bat with different endloads but it seemed like there were way more reports of LV1s failing compression and webbing up quicker. Besides I havent seen a L1 hit like etnstudios' LV1.

That's why I say...people can say all they want about it being the same bat...but if my experience is that the LV1 webbed up super quick and was hot outta the wrapper...and the LV1 took a while...that is not the same bat...

J2U

2.5 Tool Player
Has anyone done a balance point test with an og lv1 and a l1, kirby, 100h, SBE etc? Everyone seems to say there are slight endload tweaks to these so finding one with the same or close balance point to the lv1 would be the one to get. My guess would be the kirby.

Jusrah99

The LV1 has the most EL, the L1 and Kirby 2nd, and the SBE and 100h have A 1 oz EL...

The EL's are less noticeable in a 26 IMO

Last edited:

WillW3

Starting Player
Has anyone done a balance point test with an og lv1 and a l1, kirby, 100h, SBE etc? Everyone seems to say there are slight endload tweaks to these so finding one with the same or close balance point to the lv1 would be the one to get. My guess would be the kirby.

I have a thread with a Torq, SIS Team, Kirby, SBE, and 14L2. I'm with you, Kirby is probably closest.

TRaj2327

That's why I say...people can say all they want about it being the same bat...but if my experience is that the LV1 webbed up super quick and was hot outta the wrapper...and the LV1 took a while...that is not the same bat...

Well unless they use the EXACT same paint, the fact that one webs up fast is meaningless. All it takes is a little different ratio of flex additive or some other factor and...boom...paint that behaves differently under stress. Webbing is no true indication of when a bat is broken in.

Jusrah99

Well unless they use the EXACT same paint, the fact that one webs up fast is meaningless. All it takes is a little different ratio of flex additive or some other factor and...boom...paint that behaves differently under stress. Webbing is no true indication of when a bat is broken in.

It's not just the webbing though...it was broken in significantly faster. I didn't game my 13' L1 until it had several hundred hits on it. I gamed my LV1 right out of the wrapper and it never slowed down...

In my experience, as soon as it webs up and the sounds changes, it's game on...so yes, webbing is a factor of a bat being broken in. Along with several other factors. It's kind of like Demarini's paint crack...:bigok:

TRaj2327

Webbing is not a true indicator. The True One, CF3 and the RD28 all webbed up pretty quick and don't break-in for at least 500 swings. Many of the Ressy Titans also used to web quick and would take a while longer to break-in. Many bats don't ever web because of the makeup of the paint and others are lightsabers long before they break-in. Webbing is irrelevent from bat to bat. Within a specific model it may help you understand where a bat is in its life, but that is it.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
It's not just the webbing though...it was broken in significantly faster. I didn't game my 13' L1 until it had several hundred hits on it. I gamed my LV1 right out of the wrapper and it never slowed down...

In my experience, as soon as it webs up and the sounds changes, it's game on...so yes, webbing is a factor of a bat being broken in. Along with several other factors. It's kind of like Demarini's paint crack...:bigok:

The issue I have with Easton is that there is too much variance for me between different bats of the same weight and model. I have had 6 30 oz st100s and my first was so much better than the others from swing one it was rediculous.

My one that just broke with 2000 swings never got as hot as the first one was at 100 swings.:(

Jusrah99

^^^yup...and players models!

Like I said...webbing isn't the only indicator. I had a few bats that were fire and weren't webbed yet...my Torq has no webbing but it's hot as hell

Jusrah99

The issue I have with Easton is that there is too much variance for me between different bats of the same weight and model. I have had 6 30 oz st100s and my first was so much better than the others from swing one it was rediculous.

My one that just broke with 2000 swings never got as hot as the first one was at 100 swings.:(

I've had the same experience. One of the hottest bats I had was an OG Salvo that I only BP'd with. After 700 swings...the bat turned into insane mode...I traded it for an OG Flex though...lol...I regret it now...