***** Move or Not?

AshAid28

Coach
Lets go Bruins !!!!!! Bruins will dominant at home in Game 6 and force a game 7 in Chitown, so tell your buddies to play softball cause game 6 will not be fun for you Blackhawks fans lol

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
lets use a well worn out sbf phrase here...."its just league bro, it's not that serious" :rolleyes:

in all seriousness it sucks....I have a roster of 14 and bcus of work and vacations i'm already down to 11 for today, and there is still like 9 hrs til are game so who knows what will happen between now and then (hopefully nothing)

not a ***** move on your guys parts imo but it would be nice to know that guys can be counted on to be there, for me personally unless I had tickets to the game i'm not missing a game to sit home and watch a game on tv

during fall ball here we do 6 weeks of dbl headers and I have guys that will miss 1 or both games if it interferes w/a Browns game :rolleyes:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
Yeah and I could say to this, that many people live their lives through ProSports and grown athletes who couldn't care a flying fart bout you or me :D

dude....it would so totally ruin some guys lives if they didn't get to watch the big game :rolleyes:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Wow!!! They gave their commitment to the team to play on a certain night........Knew that there was a chance that they would have to play if the Blackhawks were playing.......They are not employed by the Blackhawks........I would expect them to be at the game and I would tell them that. "The team expects you to honor your commitment to us and we expect to see you at the field on Monday........" If they didn't show...I would tell them at the end of this league that their services are no longer required.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
So let me get this straight...i received a warning for purposely not spelling out a cuss word, but a mod spells out the b word, uses it multiple times and its ok? Got it

Stop bitching, ***** isn't a swear word and it was a warning it will go away. Funny thing about a swear filter, it works when people type out swear words instead of people trying to bypass it to get their point across.

If they are die hard hockey fans then, "no.". If they are bandwagon riders, then they are little biotches.

They are sports fans but not huge Hockey fans.

Is your roster locked? If not, I would NOT call it a ***** move. They're giving you ample time to find replacements.

Yes the roster is locked.

Watching the game will have n affect on the outcome, them not being at the games will

Exactly, we could still watch the first 2 periods at the bar and then go to the game and listen on the radio.

Wow!!! They gave their commitment to the team to play on a certain night........Knew that there was a chance that they would have to play if the Blackhawks were playing.......They are not employed by the Blackhawks........I would expect them to be at the game and I would tell them that. "The team expects you to honor your commitment to us and we expect to see you at the field on Monday........" If they didn't show...I would tell them at the end of this league that their services are no longer required.

Exactly my point of this, you committed to a team to play a certain night then honor that committment. It would be one thing if they had tickets and were going to the game but jeezus they are only going to be in a bar watching it. I can understand people who didn't make that committment not wanting to sub because they want to watch the game but those that joined up and signed the roster should be there regardless of what's on TV...

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Exactly my point of this, you committed to a team to play a certain night then honor that committment. It would be one thing if they had tickets and were going to the game but jeezus they are only going to be in a bar watching it. I can understand people who didn't make that committment not wanting to sub because they want to watch the game but those that joined up and signed the roster should be there regardless of what's on TV...

Honestly.........I'd be more worried about what my teammates thought of me as a friend and teammate, more than watching the Blackhawks........Who I never interact with and don't know me........

J-Bonez

Starting Player
If its a cup clinching game and its the Red Wings, I'm sticking it to my softball team every time!! Same goes for the Tigers, and I mean any playoff game for the Tigers!!

TeacherMan78

Addicted to Softballfans
Stop bitching, ***** isn't a swear word and it was a warning it will go away. Funny thing about a swear filter, it works when people type out swear words instead of people trying to bypass it to get their point across.

They are sports fans but not huge Hockey fans.

Yes the roster is locked.

Exactly, we could still watch the first 2 periods at the bar and then go to the game and listen on the radio.

Its not a swear word? As a teacher, would you have a problem with me using it in the classroom with your child? Can you use it at work? Dont think so...hypocracy at its worst

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Its not a swear word? As a teacher, would you have a problem with me using it in the classroom with your child? Can you use it at work? Dont think so...hypocracy at its worst

Jeeeeeez dude....Let it go. Just don't bypass the swear filter and there is no problem. Everyone knows that.

Drew34

Addicted to Softballfans
Living in Chicago area the only sport we can root for right now is the Black Hawks cause the Cubs and Sox both suck ass this year. We play in a Monday Night softball league and we are currently in 1st place at 6-1.

So yesterday I get a text from 2 of my team saying that since the Hawks MIGHT have a chance to win the Stanley Cup on Monday night so they are just assuming that we are going to forfeit our game so we can watch the Hawks. Either way they said they prolly won't play cause even if they lose Saturday night they have a chance to lose the cup also so count them out. We are down to 10 guys due to 2 injuries and 1 guy moving so if anyone misses a game we are short handed.

Now I understand if you HAVE tickets to the game but you are just going to be sitting in the bar watching a game. Before anyone says it's just league that's all most of these guys play is league ball only 3 of us play any tourneys. Is this a ***** move to stick it to your team or what?

You spelled out Blackhawks "Black Hawks" so I can tell you're not a big hockey guy.....I am however. Trust me, If a league game landed on a night they could win the cup, there's nothing you could do to make me play. You might be pissed but I would never care.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
I have never heard of anything so stupid. People who like to play sports may also like to watch sports? WTF?

ATL Rookie

Manager
Gotta tell you bro, I would be ditching my 6-1, clearly in first place, league team to watch the Hawks win the cup for the second time in 3 years.

umpire13

Star Player
Find subs to fill in for them..then sit their ass the following week..they commited to playing and gonna do that? Sounds f-ed up to me

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
You spelled out Blackhawks "Black Hawks" so I can tell you're not a big hockey guy.....I am however. Trust me, If a league game landed on a night they could win the cup, there's nothing you could do to make me play. You might be pissed but I would never care.
Gotta tell you bro, I would be ditching my 6-1, clearly in first place, league team to watch the Hawks win the cup for the second time in 3 years.

I'm glad you're not on my ****ing team.............

bamaboy1626

You need my opinion!!!
I'm glad you're not on my ****ing team.............

^what he said... it's hockey... nobody really cares about hockey except for people who played hockey and those who have tickets to go to the game... get smashed and hopefully see a fight on the ice or the stands. There's a reason why most of the country doesn't even notice that hockey has started back.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
^what he said... it's hockey... nobody really cares about hockey except for people who played hockey and those who have tickets to go to the game... get smashed and hopefully see a fight on the ice or the stands. There's a reason why most of the country doesn't even notice that hockey has started back.

It's the blowing off of the commitment to the team that bothers me........It's all about "Me, me. me, me.....", "I'll be there unless something I'd rather do comes up.......", "I'll be there at my convenience......" These same ****ty teammates that would skip the game to watch hockey are the same ones that next week when they show up would **** themselves if they sat on the bench........So, glad I don't deal with morons like that.

ATL Rookie

Manager
You don't take your word or commitment serious?

Not what I said at all. Every time I have to bail on my league teams I make sure I have a replacement lined up before I even tell the coach.

That said, Longball was given plenty of notice to find a couple stand ins. I'm sure that he, like most of us here, has at least a dozen people on his phone contacts list he could call.

Now, if he really cant find players to stand in and they still refuse to show, then we can talk about that.

cyoung187

Coach
I highly doubt your team will be the only one missing players. If one of our local teams was playing in a championship game on a league night I would not be surprised at all if they cancelled games. You guys probably get mad when they cancel games for the super bowl too.

If these are guys that constantly miss games then yeah it is a problem, but if they are going to miss one game because they have the chance to watch their favorite team win a championship I don't think its a big deal. On the list of BS excuses I have heard to miss a league game I'd say this one is pretty far down the list.

letsgoboardin

Addicted to Softballfans
Definitely not a ***** move. They gave you time to find a sub, so find a sub and move on. A team in your city having a chance at a championship is a big deal. Let them enjoy it.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Definitely not a ***** move. They gave you time to find a sub, so find a sub and move on. A team in your city having a chance at a championship is a big deal. Let them enjoy it.

Lets look at it this way..............In April you had plenty of notice that you'd be playing on Monday night June 24th......You and your entire team knew this. You knew and committed to playing on Monday June 24th, months ago. That's what commitment is. It's not doing when it's convenient...It's doing it all the time because people expect you to be there. Work?? Well, I can see work.......But to miss it to watch it on tv? GTFO..........

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Jan 18 my wife had our third child that morning. That same night I went to play ball, and it was a classification game. Real talk

cyoung187

Coach
Lets look at it this way..............In April you had plenty of notice that you'd be playing on Monday night June 24th......You and your entire team knew this. You knew and committed to playing on Monday June 24th, months ago. That's what commitment is. It's not doing when it's convenient...It's doing it all the time because people expect you to be there. Work?? Well, I can see work.......But to miss it to watch it on tv? GTFO..........

Would you rather have a guy say "Sorry guys, can't play this season. Hockey finals are in June and The Blackhawks might be there and could be playing a clinching game on a Monday."? If the guy is half decent you would laugh at him for saying that, then tell him its no big deal.