Moving to Brevard county, FL

jjgl96

shutup and play
I've accepted an Engineering position at Kennedy Space Center and we'll be moving to Brevard county (probably Merritt Island or Rockledge) or far eastern Orange or Osceola. C level player looking for a competitive C/D tourney team. I'm also looking for two league nights to play on. 35 years old and very serious about playing at higher levels at state and/or nationals. Great power hitter who hits for a .600+ avg. I play mostly 2nd, 1st, or 3rd. More than happy to tryout if needed. I've played mostly ASA in the last few years but have played USSSA, NSA, and ISA in the past.

aztundra

The Rookie
^^^^^^ He can hit and you can't find a more stand up guy. Some body pick him up or I'll have to hear via text about how little ball he plays.

TurboTex

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a Florida board that is very active, I think its Floridasoftball.com.

In Brevard, the farther you get from the Space Center, the better the neighborhoods.

jjgl96

shutup and play
There is a Florida board that is very active, I think its Floridasoftball.com.

In Brevard, the farther you get from the Space Center, the better the neighborhoods.

Thanks. We're flying down this weekend. It'll be a crash course in finding the right place in such a small window of time.

TurboTex

Addicted to Softballfans
My wife's family is from that area, so I only know the basics. Personally I'd head south towards Melbourne. My MIL said she'd never move to Merritt Island now, but IDK. Viera seems like a good middle ground of $ and convenience.

mainesoftball3

The Veteran
i've got family in palm bay area... renting out a house too if interested but i've always liked the area, i lived there a few years with no neighbor issues

whogotz

dilligaf?
Osceola Softball Complex. 5 fields, good competition. wont take you long to get tourney team offers once you start mashing there

jjgl96

shutup and play
Osceola Softball Complex. 5 fields, good competition. wont take you long to get tourney team offers once you start mashing there

Thanks, good info. I just tried to get on floridasoftball.com and am still waiting for "activation."

DeeMo28

Addicted to Softballfans
i can vouch for jjgl96, great guy, mashes the ball for being so scrawny. jk. He will be sorely missed up here.

boonebigdog

Addicted to Softballfans
I am from Rockledge, FL and my parents still live there. Viera and Suntree are probably the best places to look, though they are not really cities. I would steer clear of Merritt Island, unless you look at the southern side, towards Melbourne and Palm Bay. Housing costs and especially insurance rates are pretty high on the east coast of FL. Good luck.

TurboTex

Addicted to Softballfans
I am from Rockledge, FL and my parents still live there. Viera and Suntree are probably the best places to look, though they are not really cities. I would steer clear of Merritt Island, unless you look at the southern side, towards Melbourne and Palm Bay. Housing costs and especially insurance rates are pretty high on the east coast of FL. Good luck.

Suntree is where my wife's grandfather lives, and it's a nice area.

jjgl96

shutup and play
i can vouch for jjgl96, great guy, mashes the ball for being so scrawny. jk. He will be sorely missed up here.

Thanks D. That's a relative term given who's on the Impulse team. If I'm scrawny then Caleb and Andy are downright anorexic. :D

jjgl96

shutup and play
^^^^^^ He can hit and you can't find a more stand up guy. Some body pick him up or I'll have to hear via text about how little ball he plays.

We need to hit that ASA Spirit again before I go. You hit a bomb with it. I got a feel for it in my 2nd round.

jjgl96

shutup and play
We've finally settled into the area and I'm starting to get the itch to play. Any info would be great.