Moving to Houston

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
i'm moving to Houston (living in Spring for a little while to get settled in once i get there), you guys play any ball down there? is it warm enough yet? :rolleyes:

looking to get on a team (or two). i'm fine with rec leagues for now until i can get my bearings with the weather, job, life, and the kind of ball played down there. i play D/E tournaments up here, which probably translates to F- in tay-has.

looks like Slo-Pitch City is where you play. who can point me in the right direction? i won't be moving down there until the middle-to-end of may, so i figured i could ask early.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
not there yet. still in chicago. interview is the 10th (basically just a formality), probably moving down between the 16th-23rd

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Welcome to texas. From what I hear it is a whole different game down here. Like J said we play ball year rounf and if you don't work days you can usually find a bp session somewhere during the week. There is a lot of good ball down here and you can play a tournament every weekend if you choose. This weekend is budweiser tournament which has 118 E teams, 80+ D teams and around 35 B/C teams. Biggest tournament of the year. Also this year E worlds are in College Station whichb is 1.5 hours outside of spring.

Misfits

Just passing time on SBF.
You'll like it down here, especially the weather. Softball year round and you'll find plenty to do. Spring is nice and will be booming in about 5 years.

'm originally from Chicago too! Back of the Yards to be exact.

country7

Addicted to Softballfans
As the other doosh bags have stated....welcome to HELLL cause during the summer it feels like it,but there is a lot of good softball here and a lot of teams...

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Oh don't forget you will be here just in time for space city classic majors first weekend of June. Hopefully we get some good teams this year.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm moving to Houston (living in Spring for a little while to get settled in once i get there), you guys play any ball down there? is it warm enough yet? :rolleyes:

looking to get on a team (or two). i'm fine with rec leagues for now until i can get my bearings with the weather, job, life, and the kind of ball played down there. i play D/E tournaments up here, which probably translates to F- in tay-has.

looks like Slo-Pitch City is where you play. who can point me in the right direction? i won't be moving down there until the middle-to-end of may, so i figured i could ask early.

The warm comment made me chuckle...I can point you in the right direction to slo pitch city...the other way, as J Whites said, probably the worst fields in Texas.

I play league ball at PJs and you can find games to pick up whenever you make the move. Keep me updated and I will see if I can help you out with getting on a team.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
will do. wait, an asian guy in texas? and you're not a pinoy. get outta here.

looks like i need to start wearing elite, ****ies, and flatbill hats now, don't i?

txbullets

The OG JayZ

looks like i need to start wearing elite, ****ies, and flatbill hats now, don't i?

No its not Cali yet but it is getting there. I would say check out lonestarsoftball.com just don't pay too much attention to all the trash on their message boards. It can become like a soap opera.

chaser23405

LEFTY 3BAG
dont listen to these guys, we all suck! bunch of sanbaggers (especially ^^^^him^^^^). lol. Its definitely warm enough. weve been playing since the first of january and wont break till november/december. Good ball and good guys, well in south texas that is! hit any of us up when you get here and we give you a shot. slowpitch is garbage thats only good for round robins, play at pj's imo.

O-Prime

UH OH
Like everyone said stay away from slo pitch and play at Pj's if you are staying in spring. Welcome to texas bud.

sayisuggadaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
dont listen to these guys, we all suck! bunch of sanbaggers (especially ^^^^him^^^^). lol. Its definitely warm enough. weve been playing since the first of january and wont break till november/december. Good ball and good guys, well in south texas that is! hit any of us up when you get here and we give you a shot. slowpitch is garbage thats only good for round robins, play at pj's imo.

so are you saying I suck cuz I only fit in one of them categories ;)

Meskin24

those arent pecks
Welcome to tx. You will learn real quick north or south texas. Alot of the D-bags here swing shaved sticks. But there are plenty of good guys all around and finding a team shouldnt be hard. Good luck.

****ies and flat billed hats will make you cooler. You must also make sure to have a cooler radio.

BONECRUSHER33

Addicted to Softballfans
I am leaving the cooler radio at home this year for bud. Too much of a pain in the a$$ to lug around. Dang, does having one make me A dbag???

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans

Yes sir...but I suck and am just on teams to meet quotas :D I forgot to say this in my last post, but Welcome to Texas: its hot, humid, and your gonna sweat a ton but lots of good softball competition year round, good board bros, and hot girls...your gonna love it

As for the elite, ****ies, and flat bills, if you do wear them people will think your a local

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes it does so just give it to me and I wont tell anyone. HAHA

Even though I have never had the privelige to meet AK, but from all the talks I have heard on hear...if he gets the radio cooler...wouldn't his elite status make having a radio cooler a good thing??? I am just curious

AKainer20

Addicted to Softballfans
Even though I have never had the privelige to meet AK, but from all the talks I have heard on hear...if he gets the radio cooler...wouldn't his elite status make having a radio cooler a good thing??? I am just curious

Well I only require you check in with my Man Friend Matt Brockman before meeting me. He can get jealous from time to time.

Cooler radios are nice when someone else luggs them around all weekend. I dont have the patience for it.

Meskin24

those arent pecks
I actually have a radio cooler. Like the rest of you, I hate to try and lug that around and my elite roller bag. To damn hard.

Prodigy5883

Addicted to Softballfans
Well I only require you check in with my Man Friend Matt Brockman before meeting me. He can get jealous from time to time.

Cooler radios are nice when someone else luggs them around all weekend. I dont have the patience for it.

LOL...I have seen some post on here on how he can get...I will need to meet him as well. Maybe I'll see ya this weekend at Budfest

Wait a minute, the great AK has to lugg around his own radio cooler...thats insane...its like he is a regular softball player like me :) haha

sfortune

Chuckin' and Duckin'
LOL...I have seen some post on here on how he can get...I will need to meet him as well. Maybe I'll see ya this weekend at Budfest

Wait a minute, the great AK has to lugg around his own radio cooler...thats insane...its like he is a regular softball player like me :) haha

Kinda makes you feel good about yourself huh :)

dont worry about brock, hes all suck and no bite ;)