Mush balls at world

Stretch19

Grow up
ISA 44/375 =/= mush balls

in the carolinas they required the Tattoo as DD said, I would assume this would remain constant for the worlds

Chowder

Addicted to Softballfans
They only require the sc/nc Tatto balls in the tournaments that Mike Caldwell (NC director) has anything to do with. Every SC ISA tournament I've played in this year we've been able to use our own ISA balls.

ISA still allows multi-layer balls. In other words, the higher quality balls (xrock, tattoo, evil) are all like asa Thunder Advance.

Last edited:

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Chowder: I think with Red, we have to hit either the balls he has for sale, or have the identical ball in his tournaments... Not positive about this, but pretty sure... You gonna make it down this weekend?

cjf20

Addicted to Softballfans
E-Pats...ya'll gonna have your full squad this weekend and maybe make a little noise?

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
ISA 44/375 =/= mush balls

in the carolinas they required the Tattoo as DD said, I would assume this would remain constant for the worlds

Those balls are so hard, Come to MN where we have ASA and have to hit 52 300 pillows.

I would love to have a better ISA presence in MN. We only get like 8 teams a tourney. Utrip bats and those balls

Plus when I was umpiring at wolds last year for ISA, the balls were flying. those balls you boy hit are fine

Stretch19

Grow up
Those balls are so hard, Come to MN where we have ASA and have to hit 52 300 pillows.

I would love to have a better ISA presence in MN. We only get like 8 teams a tourney. Utrip bats and those balls

Plus when I was umpiring at wolds last year for ISA, the balls were flying. those balls you boy hit are fine

agreed... =/= means "doesnt equal" just for future reference :)

i like the 44/375 ISA balls better than the 44/400 for some reason

Chowder

Addicted to Softballfans
It will be the AD Starr Tattoos for the World... We hit them this past weekend, very good ball....

Do you know if they will be provided at Worlds? or will it be BYOB but you have to use those balls?

Either way, those balls are good to hit. They have almost NO seams, which make them knuckle like hell, but also make them very difficult to throw. We had several throwing errors this weekend due to being so slippery.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you know if they will be provided at Worlds? or will it be BYOB but you have to use those balls?

Either way, those balls are good to hit. They have almost NO seams, which make them knuckle like hell, but also make them very difficult to throw. We had several throwing errors this weekend due to being so slippery.

I am almost 100% sure that they will be provided this weekend in Rock Hill (qualifier for the Worlds) and at the Worlds in late September..

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Last year each team got 4 and you were responsible for them. If you ran out of those 4 you had to buy more.

Only reason I remember this is because I didnt have to arry a ball bag all weekend on my hip. It is so nice

Stretch19

Grow up
Last year each team got 4 and you were responsible for them. If you ran out of those 4 you had to buy more.

Only reason I remember this is because I didnt have to arry a ball bag all weekend on my hip. It is so nice

this is how it should be; very few of the tourneys around here provide the balls, so none of the umps wear a ball bag on their hips...

Chowder

Addicted to Softballfans
As far as the National tournament in Rock Hill this weekend, this is the official word from BigRed on carolinaslowpitch.com

Teams can hit any legal ISA ball. We will have Tattoo balls for sale.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
arent the fields short for ISA? so mush wouldnt be necessarily bad anyway?

There will be (3) complexes used for the ISA World... There is a 4 field complex (Oak Grove) that is right at 300' (on all 4 fields all the way around)... that complex has 4' fences, and the ball carries very well there... The main complex (Pine Grove) is a 5 field complex that is right at 310' (on all 5 fields all the way around).. that complex has 6' fences... And, if you lose early, there is a chance to will have to play in Pelion(2 field complex in the boonies) those are 300' (6' fences)...

FYI: The Gnats in Pelion are AWFUL.... You dont want to end up there!

select_22

The Veteran
Dakota you follow HS football much? Chapin playin Greer this year? I need to make my way up for a game, left Greer in 05 year before i graduated.

Wish I was gonna make this tournament, but will be cruisin the carribean instead, good luck to all the teams.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Dakota you follow HS football much? Chapin playin Greer this year? I need to make my way up for a game, left Greer in 05 year before i graduated.

Wish I was gonna make this tournament, but will be cruisin the carribean instead, good luck to all the teams.

They changed the divisions around(again) after last year, so I know Chapin is no longer in the same division as Greer is. Pretty sure they dont play eachother this year.... Chapin is pretty young this year (1-3), gonna be a long year probably.