Mutant 12???

cmb34

Star Player
FB_IMG_14491448993661_zpsp663n9ld.jpg

cordo22

Addicted to Softballfans
Man, I bet that is a Freak 12.....Worth/Miken should get more original in the naming process..

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If that's true that would be a sweet bat. Too bad they compression test here.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
They need to make a 6 in barrel bat...and make it an exclusive...and add a + to the name...

BD44

I'm Brian a Bat Addict
It won't matter which company it is soon. Both will be renamed Rawlings any way.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
It would make a lot more sense to just buy a Freak 30 for the price. They should've made the Freakadelic ballanced instead

WillW3

Starting Player
It would make a lot more sense to just buy a Freak 30 for the price. They should've made the Freakadelic ballanced instead

I had initially heard he Freakadelic was gonna be a 30 with full ounce end load, but hear say only goes so far. I was gonna jump on that if it were true.

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
I read somewhere that Filby wanted the Freak 30 to be a full ounce endload but they couldn't get it to pass or something. Probably the same reason the Freakadelic isn't a full ounce

WillW3

Starting Player
I read somewhere that Filby wanted the Freak 30 to be a full ounce endload but they couldn't get it to pass or something. Probably the same reason the Freakadelic isn't a full ounce

Yeah I read that. It's in another thread. Still mind-boggling to me. Worth adds a half inch on the barrel and puts a half ounce more end load and it's fine from what I understand.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
Fulk repaint..do something original

Fulk= 12.5" Barrel
MUT= 12"

This alone means it's not a repaint. Other specs may be similar but the different barrel lengths alone will make them perform differently. I was leaning towards the Fulk or JH but now I think im going to have to add another Mutant to the bag. Too bad it's not a .5oz EL tho.

Rallycap

Star Player
Fulk= 12.5" Barrel
MUT= 12"

This alone means it's not a repaint. Other specs may be similar but the different barrel lengths alone will make them perform differently. I was leaning towards the Fulk or JH but now I think im going to have to add another Mutant to the bag. Too bad it's not a .5oz EL tho.

More accurately:
Fulk = "advertised" as 12.5"
Mut = "advertised" as 12"

In reality, the barrels probably line up identically, regardless of how they were advertised. In for pics when someone gets both.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
More accurately:
Fulk = "advertised" as 12.5"
Mut = "advertised" as 12"

In reality, the barrels probably line up identically, regardless of how they were advertised. In for pics when someone gets both.

Your exactly right... And I'm willing to bet they line up with the Freak 12 as well. I think the Powercell was marketed as a 13.5" barrel and lined up exactly with the Standard 14.5" barrel legits.

Cnape123

Star Player
There is already pictures out there showing a freak30 compared to a fulk..same exact length..I think most people are catching on to the repaint thing and they are attempting to throw people off by changing the specs.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Worth and Miken have been doing repaints for almost 10 years now. There are still a lot of people not catching on though.