Mutant 12

kingpin119

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got this delivered. This is why i hate Kansas winters so much.

20160209_103718_zpsvrzqeqox.jpg

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
Nice!!! Curious to know how it performs against the other 12" mikens and worth options.

Sambo

The Veteran
I know these compress around 250 NIW compared to the main lines that are testing at 275 NIW.

kingpin119

Addicted to Softballfans
Let us know if it performs to the freak 12 level of hottness.
It looks old school worth and looks good.

Will do, but I'm sure someone on here will get to do that before me. nearest indoor batting cages are an hour away and with two kids playing basketball have no idea if I'll have time to get there anytime soon.

what does it scale? Curious what the 12" barrel's are weighing and if they are close to sticker...

don't have a scale here. got one at work but don't work again till Tuesday, I'll try to slip in there before then.

I do have a pic comparing the endload of the mutant with my freak 12 and utrip el torq. the freak is 28 and the mutant and torq are 27. the mutant and torq are pretty damn close but mutant has a little more endload.

20160209_214712_zps7pdpp1bg.jpg

kingpin119

Addicted to Softballfans
Send it down to Texas, i'll break her in for ya!!! LOL all year ball

I'm jealous! thanks for the offer, but don't think it's gonna take much to break it in. definitely not as much as it's gonna take me to break in my torq. supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow, hope I can get in some bp.

Hurk

Star Player
The Freak 30 and the Mutant 12 shouldn't have the same end load. One is 0.5oz and the other is a full 1.0oz.

That's strange.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
bakesta have you had a chance to swing it yet? Wonder how similar it is to the Fulk Legit.

I've only been able to swing it off the tee. But for the most part it feels like the Fulk. However it does seem a tad hotter out of the wrapper than the Fulk did. But my Fulk now has 400-500 swings, webbed up and rattling and spits fire. I'm keeping my few Mut12s as backup.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I've only been able to swing it off the tee. But for the most part it feels like the Fulk. However it does seem a tad hotter out of the wrapper than the Fulk did. But my Fulk now has 400-500 swings, webbed up and rattling and spits fire. I'm keeping my few Mut12s as backup.

You prefer the Fulk and Mutant above the JH Lite?

kingpin119

Addicted to Softballfans
Are these and the tmnt mutants the same bat? Assuming so

no the mutant 12 has a 12 inch barrel, comparable to fulk legit and the tmnt mutant has a 13.5 inch barrel, comparable to, I would assume, a ressy legit. both are sis exclusives.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Thanks kingpin, actually prefer the bigger barrel so maybe the tmnt is for me.

joeym

Manager
no the mutant 12 has a 12 inch barrel, comparable to fulk legit and the tmnt mutant has a 13.5 inch barrel, comparable to, I would assume, a ressy legit. both are sis exclusives.

Fulk legit is a 12.5" barrel.

The Mutant 12 has the same exact specs as a Freak 30, but with an increased endload.

joeym

Manager
no problem. they're sold out on sis. but you can still find some on ebay and I would imagine there's some for sell on here.

You can still buy them from SIS. You will just get the second shipment. They are up for preorder, both the Mutant 12 and Freak-a-delic.

kingpin119

Addicted to Softballfans
Fulk legit is a 12.5" barrel.

The Mutant 12 has the same exact specs as a Freak 30, but with an increased endload.

if you look at them side by side they have the exact same barrel length, at least where the connection is. looks like the whole 12 and 12.5 inch barrel thing is just marketing and they're both either 12 or both 12.5. same with miken being 14 and worth 13.5. both look to have the same length barrel.

You can still buy them from SIS. You will just get the second shipment. They are up for preorder, both the Mutant 12 and Freak-a-delic.

jd10 was looking at the tmnt mutant. those are sold out on sis.