MV1 rattle

Ozzy3313

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got a friend of mine's MV1. It's a team bat and has probably 800+ hits on it. Just used it last night and was hot as usual. Today I noticed a rattling sound right around the sweet spot. It sounds like composite wires are loose and they make a pretty good sound. Can't help but be a bit nervous... Thoughts? Is she nearing her end? Thanks in advance... and yes I did search this for all you who sit here all day waiting to bash for reposts... :rolleyes:

Ozzy3313

Addicted to Softballfans
Perfect! Thanks, I know that rattles can mean different things. Just seeing what others' experience has been.

joshnewman05

Addicted to Softballfans
A friend of mine had a MV1 and after about 100 hits it started to rattle.. and now with around 1000 on it its still going strong

gamblers99

Star Player
Miken: Congratulations, you have gotten to the point where your Miken is now beginning to break in and it's going to treat you well for another 500-2000 hits.

Not my words, this was the in the post for noobs ....... can't wait until mine breaks in too.....

Ozzy3313

Addicted to Softballfans
It really sounds like a slinky in there... still I shouldn't worry? I guess we'll see how it hits now that I've noticed it

Lord7

Banned User
I wouldn't worry. Most Worths and Mikens I've used rattle after five hits. It's no problem at all.

Lord7

Banned User
Plus I've got the Fulk on the way!!! :D I'm just hoping it doesn't become the new team bat....

That Fulk has a rattle, but it was there before the wrapper even came off. It's def. nothing to worry about, especially on Worths. It's just endcap glue. You are going to love that bat, I had a 27 that was great but I traded it away when I knew I was getting that 26. Then I ended up not ever using the 26 but for one day.

Ozzy3313

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I know Worth's rattle... I was just concerned cuz the MV1 isn't like a loose sand rattle.... like I said it sounds like a slinky haha. But yeah I can't wait to get my Fulk

Ozzy3313

Addicted to Softballfans
What are you worried about? Do you still have warranty? I would continue to use as is without worry.

Yeah, like I said, we'll see how it hits. It may have been there before, just didn't notice it til last night. It's never been replaced but is coming up on its year mark... maybe I should hope it breaks?

Ddubb9965

The Bauce
Yeah I know Worth's rattle... I was just concerned cuz the MV1 isn't like a loose sand rattle.... like I said it sounds like a slinky haha. But yeah I can't wait to get my Fulk

Head to your closes d ickssportinggoods, they may still have some leftover mv-1's...if so pick up two and sell me one.