my AFERMATH review

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
My gamer for this year was the 27oz J3A. got amazing results from it this year, best season of my life. I could not ever imagine putting it down, it felt unfair to swing. I bought a 27oz AM on a whim, complete impulse buy. I gave it some BP myself (45 swings maybe) and teammates (50 more swings maybe). At first i was not impressed and was going to list it for sale. Heard that they need some time to loosen up so i waited. I hit 75 balls off of a tee into my garage. 50 of those were 52/650 APEX derby balls @ 75% swing strength. Right away the sound changed. For the last two weeks (4 games) i have used it as my gamer. Compard to the J3A it is behind in distance (15+ feet easy). However, it feels much better swinging it and sweetspot feels bigger. I can hit the J3A in the 350 ft range, the AM is more in the 325 max range. But with 300 ft fences, 325 does the job right? My league uses 40/375 Worth Grey dots and it hits them very well. My NSA fall league will probably use 52/275 balls and i am going to try to swing these in that league, even though they are ASA only. I am back and forth with "gamer" bat right now as the AM has gained alot of ground across the board. I have enjoyed swinging both bats this year and may try a FU DAWG as well. The AM fits my swing better but i still get great results from the J3A. i cannot recommend one over the other as they do swing differently. i love them both, if the AM had the distance of the J3 then i would swing the AM. Durability has been great for the AM, not webbing or paint cracks, took one of the endcap (i do that sometimes, way out in front of an inside pitch), same type of at bat cracked my j3 (could just be paint crack but it sounded nasty and didnt slow it down). Sound is now a combo of a shotgun and wooden bat, loud as hell and turns heads. Exit speed is great, ball moves all over if you hit it square, cut it and the ball takes off. Overall, a great performing bat. A couple steps behind the J3 in distance but i think most every ASA bat is in most people hands.

Imago Dei

Nihil Sine Deo
Great review! Wonder what it is about the j3a that gives it the xtra distance, as many people think? Especially literally out of the wrapper.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
... after further review...there is a 7 inch crack. That endcap miss-hit did it. Not a full shark tooth, could be just a "paint" crack. I will upload a pic later. So now both of my bats are cracked....nards ...

JPG

Lefty
Thanks for info, I'd like to see some video rips. I'm going to give these bats a world soon.

moorerm04

Addicted to Softballfans
Go buy you a Fu Dawg... Great performance and durability. Had about 25 swings on it before today and this evening after the ball games out about 50 with ZN Stadium balls and it is fire now. Started showing some webbing and spitting fire. I cans see how it could be far behind a J3 or AM at all!

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
At first I was going to say, DAMN!

But then I figured this would happen......

crack happened from a game swing. out in front of an inside pitch i took it off of the end of the bat. heard it right away but hoped it was ok. didnt inspect the bat right away. And those derby balls were off of a tee and 75% may be a high number, 50% is probably more accurate.

steb

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine did the same but it's just paint. It's all the way down to the composite.

steb

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine did the same but it's just paint. It's all the way down to the composite.

steb

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually upon further review...it might be worse than I thought.

2ren.jpg

9164.jpg