My new bat EOS

Softball.com:

Nizzle5

Addicted to Softballfans
So I've read through this thread and I still can't get the clarification I need.

I'm interested in getting one of these bats but I see that it's basically a salvo with more EL.

I have swung a salvo and it is not for me. I know they are good bats, they just didn't fit my swing.

So would it be stupid for me to buy this bat?

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

So I've read through this thread and I still can't get the clarification I need.

I'm interested in getting one of these bats but I see that it's basically a salvo with more EL.

I have swung a salvo and it is not for me. I know they are good bats, they just didn't fit my swing.

This bat is nothing like the salvo. Hits harder, swings different, and imo has wayyyyyyy more pop.

phillips

Addicted to Softballfans
This bat is nothing like the salvo. Hits harder, swings different, and imo has wayyyyyyy more pop.

Totally agree with this the pop is great and gets way better with more and more hits... I had a Salvo break in 1000 hits my EOS with 1900 hits looks almost mint other then the run in it had with a fence from someone

JSkillz23

Secret Santa Terrorist

The bat doesn't want you to have it.

potnation

Starting Player

You really can't compare it to the Salvo. The additional endload gives it a very different feel when you swing it. I might get grilled for this, but it reminds me more of my old F98 than a Salvo. I have about 300 swings on my new EOS and it is just barely opening up.

Compare it more to an srv3. The measurements such as the barrel length and all are the same as the salvo but they are also the same as the srv3, the eos is slightly more endloaded then the stv3 tho.

phillips

Addicted to Softballfans

The EOS is just based on the Salvo Shell and swings nothing like the Salvo at all and also swings way different then the SRV3 IMO as well the bat takes a probably 600 to 800 hits to really open up IMO

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Im waitin for all 700 to sell, then I will post for sale my super special, ultra rare, pre first batch-batch, with the backwards print on the knob:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
From what I have gathered so far, it is very durable, a bit stiff at first, excellent pop and the SS will start to open up around 250-300 hits. ;)

beef3388

Addicted to Softballfans
My 28ozer feels amazing(dry cuts). I'll be taking her out Saturday for her first Bp session I'm super stoked. I'll let everyone know how she handles cause I haven't read of anyone swinging a 28.

I swing a 28 and for the first 200 or so cuts its feels like you are swinging a log. I got about 400 on it now and it hits super hard no matter where you hit it. Just be patient and put some work into her and she will reward you nicely.

phillips

Addicted to Softballfans
My 28ozer feels amazing(dry cuts). I'll be taking her out Saturday for her first Bp session I'm super stoked. I'll let everyone know how she handles cause I haven't read of anyone swinging a 28.

I had a 28oz when I got my first 2 but was too heavy for me but it swung nice and just like the rest of my EOS bats the first few hundred hits it is stiff

Oakley

Addicted to Softballfans
You will not be dissapointed have not heard any negative feedback about these yet

pfft :p

Just another overhyped bat. They are nothing special. I found it hit a lot like the salvo and srv3. Slighlty more endload but nothing compared to a miken endload. Distince was fine and sound was good. I wouldnt swing one over an SRV4 or FX700.

phillips

Addicted to Softballfans

Just another overhyped bat. They are nothing special. I found it hit a lot like the salvo and srv3. Slighlty more endload but nothing compared to a miken endload. Distince was fine and sound was good. I wouldnt swing one over an SRV4 or FX700.

but how much of chance did you give the bat???????

BallDawg44

Addicted to Softballfans
Enough to know it wasnt anything special or something I would swing over what I had.

How can you say its over hyped? Its players that are giving their opinion after hitting it, so if they like it and post it, thats not over hyping it!
It does not fit everyplayer swing or preference so it was not to your liking, that happens with every bat on the market. Overhyping in my opinion is when the manufacturer makes a huge marketing blitz not everyday players.
Then again thats just my opinion, I never liked the OG Flex but their is a ton of love for that bat and I am sure rightfully so cause players are hitting it and loving it.
:D

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
People posting how the bat is working for them is not hype. If you didn't like it that's fine. Not every bat is for everyone. I like how it hits so I will keep swinging mine. Every bat has people that like it and hate it. This is nothing new.

Saying crap like "it's the hottest asa bat ever made or available currently" is hype. ;)

JSkillz23

Secret Santa Terrorist

As of right now, I would swing my EOS over my SRV4 any day!

Oakley

Addicted to Softballfans
How can you say its over hyped? Its players that are giving their opinion after hitting it, so if they like it and post it, thats not over hyping it!
It does not fit everyplayer swing or preference so it was not to your liking, that happens with every bat on the market. Overhyping in my opinion is when the manufacturer makes a huge marketing blitz not everyday players.
Then again thats just my opinion, I never liked the OG Flex but their is a ton of love for that bat and I am sure rightfully so cause players are hitting it and loving it.
:D

Just my thoughts. Some guys say its a great bat to justify spending the money on it. I got a smoking deal on it and sold it for the same to another board member who is now trading it. Its just an average bat with a nice paint job.
Sure we can say it dont fit my swing. Im use to swinging end loaded mikens. I started using the balanced SRV4 last year after breaking my NRGs. Now im using a supermax Fx700. Guess I was hoping the XOS was something that would compare to the FX , Recoil, or NRG. Like I said. its not a horrible bat.. Its just not anything special. Its all an opinion.

elementsdk1

Addicted to Softballfans
Woo hoo!....mine is ordered and on the way. Let's see whether or not I like it. I hope I do; I really like my Salvo and hit very well with it, so I don't think I'll have too many issues with this bat. Currently, teammates on both my co-ed and men's team use my Salvo exclusively and not their own bats. So, if the EOS does pan out, it will be MY gamer and not the team's. =). They can keep using the Salvo all they want. =)

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
Just make sure you give them 200-300 hits (like many bats need). if you give them 80 and give up, well, you made a mistake. Too many people make their mind up about a bat after not enough hits.

Oakley

Addicted to Softballfans
Just make sure you give them 200-300 hits. if you give them 80 and give up, well, you made a mistake.

It may take that long to break in the bat but it shouldnt take you 2-300 hits to know if your going to like it.

I play orthodox. The field we use is 300 feet Dead center. For me its not about distance . ( cant recall the last ASA bat I tried that we couldnt hit out of our park with ) its about feel. I typically know with in the first 10 solid hits if its something im going to continue to swing.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
It may take that long to break in the bat but it shouldnt take you 2-300 hits to know if your going to like it.

I play orthodox. The field we use is 300 feet Dead center. For me its not about distance . ( cant recall the last ASA bat I tried that we couldnt hit out of our park with ) its about feel. I typically know with in the first 10 solid hits if its something im going to continue to swing.

I consider how it feels when it swings different from how it feels upon contact. If it is the swing feel you didn't like then I understand why you wouldn't want it.

I think it feels good on contact. It doesn't feel as springy as say a Recoil but if you swing hard and hit it on the screws, it feels good (to me)

Oakley

Addicted to Softballfans
It gives great feedback when you hit it on the screws and the sound is also very nice. Just not for me. I got the same feeling out of the SRV6 I hit the other night. Some of the guys with me got new ones at the same time. Some liked it some didnt. All an opinion.

Nizzle5

Addicted to Softballfans
Did any of you get tracking information when you ordered it? I ordered one thursday but didn't get a tracking number.