My review on Future, Aftermath & Juggy

quez82

Star Player
Well, this is my first time putting in a few reviews, but the bats used are:
27.5 Future (26.5 future on way)
28oz Flipper Aftermath
28oz Juggy

Anyways, used hot dot 52's in 90+ degree weather and 2-3 44's mixed in.

First up was the Aftermath, this bat is hot out of the wrapper. I must admit, if felt like my sv98, but I thought I was going to break the damn thing after about 5 swings. That's judging from the sound of the cracking sound off the barrel. It sounded like my old combat DB, but the bat has some good pop to it, had some great distance, just weary about the durability of this bat (thankful for the warranty). The bat only has about 25 swings on it and feels game ready.

Second up was the 28oz Juggy. This bat felt a little heavier than the Aftermath, but I just adjusted my swing to fit the bat. The bat feels comparable to my j3a, but sadly I don't like the j3a. The balls weren't jumping off the bat like the Aftermath. The barrel feels soft, a little more effort to get the ball to jump off, and more knuckle balls. Honestly, I didn't care for the juggy at all, just didn't feel hot out of the wrapper, but there is only 10-15 swings total on it. I am sure after a few sessions of just swinging the juggy, it'll open up, but I already can tell it's not for me.

Last up was my 27.5 Future...... Enough said? This bat fit my swing and the 27.5 felt light to me. The balls were jumping off the bat, huge sweet spot, and no comparison in distance. Literally, none at all. The bat is very forgiving and suitable for my style. It separates itself from all other bats (except my sv98) and put maybe 10-15 swings on it. The bat feels very durable, great sweet spot, and impressed me. It is a used bat with around 50 swings on it prior to myself.

To sum it up, The future by a long shot. I can't compliment this bat enough, as it's forgiving, and durable. I was hoping for the juggy to impress me, but when I picked it up it felt like my j3a, and just felt like a knuckle ball bat. Others seem to feel different, but that's my experience with it. The aftermath is a great bat, only for 52's though, as it seems if you go with the harder balls it'll have durability issues. The future, AM, then Juggy.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I had one first and gave it away.

You mean to say the 27oz Juggy wasn't a crazyamazin bat that hit the ball out for you and you had similar reaults with the 28oz? Preposterous I say!

I agree the 27.5oz Future just works great and is my favorite current Demarini. Little surprised the 28oz Juggy wasn't more suitable to your swing though. Mine weighed the exact same along with extremely close balance points. Swung the same for me, just felt different at contact.

Great reviews overall, well articulated.

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
You mean to say the 27oz Juggy wasn't a crazyamazin bat that hit the ball out for you and you had similar reaults with the 28oz? Preposterous I say!

I agree the 27.5oz Future just works great and is my favorite current Demarini. Little surprised the 28oz Juggy wasn't more suitable to your swing though. Mine weighed the exact same along with extremely close balance points. Swung the same for me, just felt different at contact.

Great reviews overall, well articulated.

The 28oz Juggys have thicker barrels thats probably why it isnt as hot :rolleyes:. Sorry couldnt resist.

quez82

Star Player
For the most part, the bats are still fresh. The juggy needs more breaking in, but I will probably sell it instead. The cl22 is on my list, I'll wait for one to pop up, and get rid of the juggy. The 27oz I gave to my friend seems to be loved by many and hated by few. Apparently, I'm one of the few. The feel of contact doesn't suit me, but that's just one Demarini out of the other 5 I love. Thanks for the feedback.

Alex_A

Coach
I love my 28oz Juggy. I have always been able to get the ball to the 300ft fence, but rarely ever got it over, and only with the RD28. Today in league we had a team no show on us so we took BP. My Juggy was killing the mix bag of balls, and I got one over left center. Its got about 175 swings on it and I think it can still open up a bit more. Just got a 27.5oz Future this week also. It feels nice, not as heavy as the Juggy, and I love the endload, but I think it needs a lot more work. I'm sure that eventually the Future will make me proud, but for now I am going to swing the **** out of my 28oz Juggy. The lighter Juggys my be hotter, but the 28oz just fits my swing better.

quez82

Star Player
Too bad I don't have any of you closer. I'd like to go hit some BP and try out all of these bats. I'm in Cali, it'd be nice to grab a weekend and swing some others.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
For the most part, the bats are still fresh. The juggy needs more breaking in, but I will probably sell it instead. The cl22 is on my list, I'll wait for one to pop up, and get rid of the juggy. The 27oz I gave to my friend seems to be loved by many and hated by few. Apparently, I'm one of the few. The feel of contact doesn't suit me, but that's just one Demarini out of the other 5 I love. Thanks for the feedback.

That 27 juggy you had was fire bro(most of the time). Had a good run with her, but it was a love/hate relationship. I either crushed one or hit a lazy ball with it. Sweetspot and barrel was smaller than I was used to, but when I found it :eek: . The doinks were on me though, not the bat. I feel more consistent with other bats. I have heard the heavier Juggys need some hits to open up.

Last edited:

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Too bad I don't have any of you closer. I'd like to go hit some BP and try out all of these bats. I'm in Cali, it'd be nice to grab a weekend and swing some others.

Where are you in Cali and what are you looking to swing?

quez82

Star Player
I'm in bakersfield, cl22 or any other Asa bats would be nice. Tired of buying a bunch of them, just to see what I like.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
what is the scale weight on the Futures? Are they accurate to sticker? How much of an endload is there, is it very noticeable?

Jangle.Leg

Lighter the better!
what is the scale weight on the Futures? Are they accurate to sticker? How much of an endload is there, is it very noticeable?

My 26.5 scales right at 26.5 with one layer of tape and a knob cuff. The endload is pretty small, similar to the one.12. It's not even close to a Phenix/cf3/rd or swagger.

quez82

Star Player
Easton sv98 lol the fu dawg was, then I sold a lot of bats before surgery, now I'm collecting again. I just can't drop my sv98,its my go to bat. Future is the other one I use. It'll be backup to the Easton. Others will look pretty, I guess.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
4 Futures on the first page of the Demarini sales section right now. Luster wearing off? I really liked mine, just prefer the Juggy.

KW19

Star Player
4 Futures on the first page of the Demarini sales section right now. Luster wearing off? I really liked mine, just prefer the Juggy.

Probably a combination of the last batch getting shipped out and people trying to put 200 cuts on them and then try get all their money back by listing it for near full price. Lot of them in the 240-250 range. I was lucky and caught a really good deal on here on my 26.5, definitely a good stick. I actually like it better so far than the 26oz Juggy I had...

quez82

Star Player
I'm not sure what the hell their swinging. The bat is completely outperforming my juggy and aftermath. I even hit it out of the infield twice today, that's how awesome it it.... lol

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 26.5 future and hated it. The endload was nice, but I thought the overall swing was way to light. Haven't got myself to try a 27.5 yet as I seem to be content with my Juggy and Cl22A.