My Supreme Auto-Draft Team

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
I don't play much Fantasy baseball, so I dont' know...10-team Roto league, auto drafted and then ww ***** like I usually do.

C-Salvador Perez
1B-Freddie Freeman
2B-Chase Utley
3B-Chase Headly-DL-trying to add a WW fill in
SS-Troy Tulowitski
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Jacoby Ellsbury
OF-Shane Victorino
Util-Norichika Aoki (OF)
Util-Andre Eithier (OF)
BN-Matt Weiters-(C)
BN-Ichiro Susuki (OF)
BN-Howie Kendrick(2B)
DL-David Ortiz (1B)

SP-Felix Hernandez
SP-Cole Hamels
RP-Huston Street
RP-Addison Reed
P-Zack Greinke
P-Madison Bumgarner
P-Roy Halladay
P-Johnny Cueto
BN-Jerrod Parker

I have a waiver in for Mike Young, Kevin Youkilis, or Mark Reynolds so I have 3rd covered while Headly is out.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Ok initially this team scares me, but there's some upside, it focuses on Tulo, Utley and Freeman. Tulo needs to play 150 games, if he does, he'll justify his 2nd round tag. Freeman is a buzzy guy to take a large jump in production and personally, I believe it. I think his ceiling is in the .290/35/110 range but if he gives you a .275/28/100 you'll be more than happy. Last season was a .259/23/94. Utley is regressing, beware.

You're going to be hurting for saves, you need to forget whoever you're trying to pick up and grab some of those. A total score of 1,2 or 3 could torpedo a possibly good team.

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
RP on wire are League, Cishek, Parnell, Janssen, Ogando, Marmol....first 6....so, dont add a 3rd baseman, grab a RP or 2....maybe drop a starting pitcher even to add an extra RP?

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
your sp is damn good. for RP id say pick up casey janssen. good closer on a very good team. is matt carpenter available on the waiver wire?

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
yes...matt carpenter is available

hed be a solid 3B fill in and someone to keep on your roster. he is eligible for 3B, 1B, and OF. and by may, you can add 2B to that. hell bat right around .300 and bat 1st or 2nd in the lineup in front of holliday and craig so he should get driven in alot.

Last edited:

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
I got Janssen...I just have to figure out who to drop for carpenter or really any of those other guys I had listed. Nobody picked up Young, Youkilis or Reynolds either...I like Young's position eligibility too.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I got Janssen...I just have to figure out who to drop for carpenter or really any of those other guys I had listed. Nobody picked up Young, Youkilis or Reynolds either...I like Young's position eligibility too.

You really don't want any of those three.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
RP on wire are League, Cishek, Parnell, Janssen, Ogando, Marmol....first 6....so, dont add a 3rd baseman, grab a RP or 2....maybe drop a starting pitcher even to add an extra RP?

Id pick up Janssen, Cishek, Fujikawa, Parnell in that order. All will be getting saves, Fujikawa may not "technically" have the closer job but he got the save when Marmol couldnt get it done yesterday and he is the better pitcher.

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
Cool. Then I'll hold what I got for now...guess I don't have to have a 3B for now. My league seems to lean heavy on pitching anyway, maybe they all do, and as long the others hit, I'll be good.

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
i would almost be inclined to drop kendrick for carpenter. but thats just me. i like multi-position eligibility for these types of situations

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
Ya, I was looking at those two...all those relievers I listed are available too...it sure is tempting to drop a guy for another closer too, but I right now, none of my hitters are multi-position eligible, and that was nice last season at times....

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
cotdamn Halladay....oh well, maybe he'll turn it around or produce a line solid enough to offer a trade.

madmark33

Athletic Supporter
well ****....3 people on DL, one hurt trying to avoid DL and 2 sp looking like ****...I did get Jay Bruce off waivers and there's like a ton of guys still there, so I suppose I can if I need too.

ssf

Too tired to care
well ****....3 people on DL, one hurt trying to avoid DL and 2 sp looking like ****...I did get Jay Bruce off waivers and there's like a ton of guys still there, so I suppose I can if I need too.

Even in a 10 team league, what kind of dumbass drops Jay Bruce? The avg hurts, but the R, HR, RBI are solid enough.