My teams

Adamal24

Never Settle™
14 team $100 league H2H (lot of bench spots)

Team 1
C- Rosario
1b- Ike Davis
2b- Prado (w/3b SS OF eligibility also in yahoo)
3b- Longoria
SS- Tulowitzki
OF- Ellsbury
OF- Jennings
OF Markakis
UTL- Belt
Bench- Aoki, Segura

SP- Cliff Lee,
SP-Samardzija
SP- CJ wilson
SP- Cobb
SP- McCarthy
SP- Ogando
SP- Hammel
SP- Richard
SP- Kendrick
SP- Quintana
SP- Slowey
RP- Romo
RP- Axford
DL slots (picked up these guys as free agents to stash after draft)- Arod, Daniel Hudson, Pineda

Team 2: 14 team $100 buy in (lot of bench spots)

C- m Montero
1b- Ike Davis
2b- Prado
3b- D Wright
SS- Andrus
OF- McCutchen
OF- Ichiro
OF- Markakis
UTL- Laroche
Bench- De Aza, Keppinger, Segura

SP- Price
Zimmerman
Br Anderson
Ed Jackson
Milone
Ogando
Pettitte
Floyd
Richard
Blanton
Kazmir
RP- Perkins and Holland

10 team $10 leagues

Team 1
C- j Montero
1b- Votto
2b- Phillips
3b- Longo
SS- Castro
OF- Cespedes, Choo, Ichiro
UTL- Konerko
UTL-Rizzo
Bench- Markakis

SP- Wainright, Scherzer, Anderson, Samardjza, Harvey, Tehran, Cobb, Ryu,
RP (weekly points league so I grabbed SP w/ RP eligibility)- Medlen, Ogando, Shelby Miller and Cashner

Team 2 (Keeper- keep 10 guys from last year this is our 2nd year)
C- Posey
1b- Adrian Gonzalez
2b- Cano
3b- Aramis
SS- Andrus
OF- Bautista, Jennings, Choo
UTL- Butler
Bench- Crawford
SP- Hamels, Sale, Bumgarner, Medlen, Anderson, Samardzjia, Cobb, Teheran, Ryu, Cashner
RP- Perkins, Wilhelmsen, Rondon, Street, Cishek (daily league w/ a bunch of pitcher slots to use).

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan

Team 1
C- Rosario
1b- Ike Davis
3b- Longoria
SS- Tulowitzki
OF- Ellsbury
OF- Jennings
OF Markakis
UTL- Belt
Bench- Aoki, Segura

SP- Cliff Lee,
SP-Samardzija
SP- CJ wilson
SP- Cobb
SP- McCarthy
SP- Ogando
SP- Hammel
SP- Richard
SP- Kendrick
SP- Quintana
SP- Slowey
RP- Romo
RP- Axford
DL slots (picked up these guys as free agents to stash after draft)- Arod, Daniel Hudson, Pineda

C- m Montero
1b- Ike Davis
2b- Prado
3b- D Wright
SS- Andrus
OF- McCutchen
OF- Ichiro
OF- Markakis
UTL- Laroche

SP- Price
Zimmerman
Br Anderson
Ed Jackson
Milone
Ogando
Pettitte
Floyd
Richard
Blanton
Kazmir
RP- Perkins and Holland

10 team $10 leagues

Team 1
C- j Montero
1b- Votto
2b- Phillips
3b- Longo
SS- Castro
UTL- Konerko
UTL-Rizzo
Bench- Markakis

RP (weekly points league so I grabbed SP w/ RP eligibility)- Medlen, Ogando, Shelby Miller and Cashner

C- Posey
1b- Adrian Gonzalez
2b- Cano
3b- Aramis
SS- Andrus
UTL- Butler
Bench- Crawford
SP- Hamels, Sale, Bumgarner, Medlen, Anderson, Samardzjia, Cobb, Teheran, Ryu, Cashner
RP- Perkins, Wilhelmsen, Rondon, Street, Cishek (daily league w/ a bunch of pitcher slots to use).

I think Id play aoki over markakis

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control

Team 1
C- Rosario
1b- Ike Davis
3b- Longoria
SS- Tulowitzki
OF- Ellsbury
OF- Jennings
OF Markakis
UTL- Belt
Bench- Aoki, Segura

SP- Cliff Lee,
SP-Samardzija
SP- CJ wilson
SP- Cobb
SP- McCarthy
SP- Ogando
SP- Hammel
SP- Richard
SP- Kendrick
SP- Quintana
SP- Slowey
RP- Romo
RP- Axford

I like your power here but i would be concerned with your AVE and you have some injury ticking time bombs with Tulo, Ellsbury, and Longoria. Pitching looks ok

C- m Montero
1b- Ike Davis
2b- Prado
3b- D Wright
SS- Andrus
OF- McCutchen
OF- Ichiro
OF- Markakis
UTL- Laroche

SP- Price
Zimmerman
Br Anderson
Ed Jackson
Milone
Ogando
Pettitte
Floyd
Richard
Blanton
Kazmir
RP- Perkins and Holland

Here its the opposite, you have no power. Pitching is ok again, but if this is ROTO i would have grabbed some good MR instead of some starters and you will probbably need another closer at some point

10 team $10 leagues

Team 1
C- j Montero
1b- Votto
2b- Phillips
3b- Longo
SS- Castro
UTL- Konerko
UTL-Rizzo
Bench- Markakis

Ichiro should not be owned in a 10team 3-OF league he is below replacement level, you do need speed but i bet there are better options. Pitching should be pretty good

C- Posey
1b- Adrian Gonzalez
2b- Cano
3b- Aramis
SS- Andrus
UTL- Butler
Bench- Crawford

see RED responses above

Adamal24

Never Settle™
big gamble on Kazmir... I wouldn't roster him until he pitched 3 games STR8

errbin

have you seen how deep the rosters are? kazmir is definitely worth a gamble for as deep as the rosters are.. i picked him up on the free agent pile when ramirez got sent to AAA.. the last few roster spots are pretty much interchangeable w/ SP fliers/streamers in a league this deep

Last edited:

Adamal24

Never Settle™
see RED responses above

I agree w/ injury risk on the first team, but that's definitely all I agree with you on.

No power?

C- m Montero will hit 15 HR
1b- Ike Davis will hit 30+ HR
2b- Prado will hit 15 HR
3b- D Wright will hit 25 HR
SS- Andrus
OF- McCutchen will hit 25 HR
OF- Ichiro will hit 15 HR
OF- Markakis will hit 15-20
UTL- Laroche will hit 25-30 HR

That's a good amount of power.

And Ichrio will be a top 20-25 OF this year hitting in Yankee stadium. Count that.

All my leagues are H2H and daily roster moves, MR other than closers have very little value.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
I agree w/ injury risk on the first team, but that's definitely all I agree with you on.

No power?

C- m Montero will hit 15 HR
1b- Ike Davis will hit 30+ HR
2b- Prado will hit 15 HR
3b- D Wright will hit 25 HR
SS- Andrus
OF- McCutchen will hit 25 HR
OF- Ichiro will hit 15 HR
OF- Markakis will hit 15-20
UTL- Laroche will hit 25-30 HR

That's a good amount of power.

And Ichrio will be a top 20-25 OF this year hitting in Yankee stadium. Count that.

All my leagues are H2H and daily roster moves, MR other than closers have very little value.

its cool you dont have to agree with me but i win more than you so its whatever. But hey what do i know, its your team, do what you want.

Now lets talk about your "power"
Ichiro has averaged 8HR per year for his career and you think he doubles that amount at age 39?
Markakis has averaged 14HR per year the last 4 so itll probably be the low end of your range.

Lets talk a few more numbers, ill give you the benefit of the doubt and take the highest number of your projections and add up your HR and it comes to 175HR, you think thats a lot?

To put that in perspective my 20-team league last year (which HR are spread out more amongst teams than your league) 175HR would have placed you 18 out of 20 teams. I dont know about you, but In my opinion thats not good.

At the end of the season please bring this thread back up and post your standings so we can see how ya did.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
its cool you dont have to agree with me but i win more than you so its whatever. But hey what do i know, its your team, do what you want.

Now lets talk about your "power"
Ichiro has averaged 8HR per year for his career and you think he doubles that amount at age 39?
Markakis has averaged 14HR per year the last 4 so itll probably be the low end of your range.

Lets talk a few more numbers, ill give you the benefit of the doubt and take the highest number of your projections and add up your HR and it comes to 175HR, you think thats a lot?

To put that in perspective my 20-team league last year (which HR are spread out more amongst teams than your league) 175HR would have placed you 18 out of 20 teams. I dont know about you, but In my opinion thats not good.

At the end of the season please bring this thread back up and post your standings so we can see how ya did.

And you know you win more than me how :confused: :rolleyes:

I will bet you $20 paypal that Ichiro hits 15 home runs this year barring significant time missed w/ an injury.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
And you know you win more than me how :confused: :rolleyes:

I will bet you $20 paypal that Ichiro hits 15 home runs this year barring significant time missed w/ an injury.

tell you what, I see your $20 raise it to $50 and lets do a H2H league and see who does better, what do you say? ESPN or Yahoo we will join a public league

No rebuttle to my power assessment?:confused::(

Adamal24

Never Settle™
tell you what, I see your $20 raise it to $50 and lets do a H2H league and see who does better, what do you say? ESPN or Yahoo we will join a public league

Joining some random public league with a bunch of auto-drafters and people who don't check their teams isn't an estimation of fantasy know-how. Do you have any spots open in real money league drafts that are coming up?

And are you scared to take the Ichiro bet? The dude hit 5 HR in 34 games last year after joining the Yankees. 15 HR will be a low estimate for him in that stadium. He's going to have a huge year barring injury.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Your power assessment is retarded. Your random gorilla math of your 20 team league that you're telling me just happens to have the exact same roster set-up and number of players as mine does to make your comparison of power numbers even relavant?

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
Joining some random public league with a bunch of auto-drafters and people who don't check their teams isn't an estimation of fantasy know-how. Do you have any spots open in real money league drafts that are coming up?

And are you scared to take the Ichiro bet? The dude hit 5 HR in 34 games last year after joining the Yankees. 15 HR will be a low estimate for him in that stadium. He's going to have a huge year barring injury.

ill take your bet if you take mine

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
Your power assessment is retarded. Your random gorilla math of your 20 team league that you're telling me just happens to have the exact same roster set-up and number of players as mine does to make your comparison of power numbers even relavant?

just post your standings from time to time and prove me wrong, easy solution huh? do you want to bet on that as well?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
and if you dont have the balls to bet money ill beat you for free, consider it a lesson

I'm the one who put the money bet out there first and you are the vagina who will only take it under your stipulations. Take it or leave it. Ichiro hits 15 or more homeruns barring injury you pay me $20. He hits 14 or less I pay you $20. Should be money in the bank for you since Ichiro isn't worth a roster spot in a 10 team league.

Warbucks79

Addicted to Softballfans

I will join to make sure there's at least one more player that will keep his team up till season end... lol

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
I'm the one who put the money bet out there first and you are the vagina who will only take it under your stipulations. Take it or leave it. Ichiro hits 15 or more homeruns barring injury you pay me $20. He hits 14 or less I pay you $20. Should be money in the bank for you since Ichiro isn't worth a roster spot in a 10 team league.

this is hilarious! ill do that bet if you do mine so we both get our "stipulations" thats fair right? If you want to make it $20 for $20 i will even do that. whats stopping you?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
this is hilarious! ill do that bet if you do mine so we both get our "stipulations" thats fair right? If you want to make it $20 for $20 i will even do that. whats stopping you?

like i said, a random league w/ 8 auto-drafters and people who don't check their teams all year and 2 guys that actually check their teams is more about luck that skill. you can't do trades w/ people, waivers/free agent pickups become less relevant when it's just us 2 fighting for the guy on free agent wire. put together a real money league team that will have a league full of guys who check their rosters and actually draft their team and i'm in.

and again, why are you scared to take the ichiro bet? his average home run total is 8 and he's 39. easy money for you.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
like i said, a random league w/ 8 auto-drafters and people who don't check their teams all year and 2 guys that actually check their teams is more about luck that skill. you can't do trades w/ people, waivers/free agent pickups become less relevant when it's just us 2 fighting for the guy on free agent wire. put together a real money league team that will have a league full of guys who check their rosters and actually draft their team and i'm in.

and again, why are you scared to take the ichiro bet? his average home run total is 8 and he's 39. easy money for you.

so your excuse is that you dont want to join a public league cus you think no one will check their team and somehow i might get luckier than you? pretty weak dude, and i will take your bet setting the over/under at 15HR for Ichiro. Under you pay me, 15 is a push and over i pay you

i have no control over ichiro hitting 15HR+ but i do have control over drafting my team and kicking your ass

Adamal24

Never Settle™
so your excuse is that you dont want to join a public league cus you think no one will check their team and somehow i might get luckier than you? pretty weak dude, and i will take your bet setting the over/under at 15HR for Ichiro. Under you pay me, 15 is a push and over i pay you

i have no control over ichiro hitting 15HR+ but i do have control over drafting my team and kicking your ass

but you are a fantasy genius who said ichiro is not worth drafting in a 10 team league and my projections for him are all out of whack. and again, why are you scared that my projection of 15 homeruns will be right.. having to make 15 a push? you have control issues.. does the misses wear the pants in your household?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Again, my bet was more than fair. 15 homeruns or more you pay me $20. 14 or less I pay you $20. Ichiro is 39 who averages 8 hr a year. It's a lock for you bud.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
but you are a fantasy genius who said ichiro is not worth drafting in a 10 team league and my projections for him are all out of whack. and again, why are you scared that my projection of 15 homeruns will be right.. having to make 15 a push? you have control issues.. does the misses wear the pants in your household?

i guess you are too stupid to understand over/under bets :confused: Dont go to Vegas BTW

Just to be clear, you are refusing to join a free league with a live draft with me because i "might get lucky" as you put it? What risk do you have in that? Humiliation?

Adamal24

Never Settle™
i guess you are too stupid to understand over/under bets :confused: Dont go to Vegas BTW

Just to be clear, you are refusing to join a free league with a live draft with me because i "might get lucky" as you put it? What risk do you have in that? Humiliation?

Again, my bet was pretty clear. I guess you are too stupid to understand that i'm not a ****ing bookie in vegas. Take the bet or leave it or quit talking **** about your fantasy knowledge if you aren't going to take a bet when someone calls you out on your projections.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator

Team 1
C- Rosario
1b- Ike Davis
3b- Longoria
SS- Tulowitzki
OF- Ellsbury
OF- Jennings
OF Markakis
UTL- Belt
Bench- Aoki, Segura

SP- Cliff Lee,
SP-Samardzija
SP- CJ wilson
SP- Cobb
SP- McCarthy
SP- Ogando
SP- Hammel
SP- Richard
SP- Kendrick
SP- Quintana
SP- Slowey
RP- Romo
RP- Axford

This is a boom/bust but also 14 teams, that makes a difference in how I would grade this. A-Rod eh, I wouldn't waste my time, the guy is washed up since he got off the juice. Too many pitchers starting in a 14 team league. Jeebus Christ, Superstar!

C- m Montero
1b- Ike Davis
2b- Prado
3b- D Wright
SS- Andrus
OF- McCutchen
OF- Ichiro
OF- Markakis
UTL- Laroche

SP- Price
Zimmerman
Br Anderson
Ed Jackson
Milone
Ogando
Pettitte
Floyd
Richard
Blanton
Kazmir
RP- Perkins and Holland

Top 2 pitchers are good, although I prefer Zimmerman as no more than a SP3, I like Jackson but he's got to be a SP5 since he's a Cub now. If Markakis finally plays 150 games and performs, you might have a decent chance, you're kinda light on power.

10 team $10 leagues

Team 1
C- j Montero
1b- Votto
2b- Phillips
3b- Longo
SS- Castro
UTL- Konerko
UTL-Rizzo
Bench- Markakis

RP (weekly points league so I grabbed SP w/ RP eligibility)- Medlen, Ogando, Shelby Miller and Cashner)

Cashner just was announced he's not in the rotation, but holding on to him might be a good idea, then again you might find another RP who's eligible out there. For a 10 team, you're a tad light on pop, I have a feeling that Castro pick was the cause, but you're gonna get points from your pitching in a weekly points league so, go froth with confidence.

C- Posey
1b- Adrian Gonzalez
2b- Cano
3b- Aramis
SS- Andrus
UTL- Butler
Bench- Crawford

I'm not a fan of Jennings (anymore) and Crawford but this team might be going somewhere, but why do you only have one bench player? Because of the amount of SP's you use?

Here's what I think. That and you sure do love Nick Markakis. :D

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Oh. My. Loards.

You guys are taking fantasy baseball to another level. :rolleyes:

I'll say, the over under on Ichiro is intriguing. There's a wind tunnel in RF and Ichiro CAN hit for power, he's always chose not to (or so it has been reported). Age 39 though, hmmmmmm, I just don't know. I'm tempted to take the under on this.

Adamal24

Never Settle™
Here's what I think. That and you sure do love Nick Markakis. :D

W/ A-rod we have a ton of DL spots and like I said, I picked him up as a free agent after the draft as just a hail mary stash.. doesn't hurt anything to have him on my DL. It's a daily league w/ a ton of pitching categories so I've always carried as many pitchers as possible w/ the last 1-2 SPs being daily streamers so i've got a couple guys starting each day.. the strategy has worked out well the past 4 years i've been in the league.

I'm very high on Zimmerman this year.. I think he really takes a huge step forward this year for the nats.

I'm not getting the lack of pop w/ the $10 team.. votto, longo, cespedes, konerko, rizzo are all big power guys and phillips montero choo ichiro and castro will all give me at least 10-15 HRs each. W/ gordon and choo probably getting closer to 20hrs..

It's not that I'm in love with Markakis, it's more than I'm in love with where I keep getting him so late in drafts.. if he does stay healthy I think he puts up some very good numbers which will be a steal in the last few picks of the draft.

And i'd love for you to take the Ichiro bet I made since homeboy is too scared.

Last edited:

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I like Zimmerman, a lot, don't misunderstand me, but I need him as my third SP. I need two aces ahead of him, 2 guys who have , or are close to 200k's. This is just my feelings on him. I think he might be a 170-190 ish guy, which is great and he should win 12-15 games which is just as great.