My thoughts on bat changes/ball changes for USSSA

InFaMoUs_55

Starting Player
Please just put a damn bat compression machine at every league. Make people show up early and have your bat stickered saying it past the test and then your good to go. Ive seen the compression test done both at the dudley classic and the firemans tourney here in Minnesota. It doesnt take long and it is effective.

If they change to **** ass "sockballs" the game just gets weaker and weaker. People wanna be able to keep their bats and hit a nice softball that sounds good and feels good.

Just make bat testing common practice and that eliminates all the bull**** (IMO)

illete

Addicted to Softballfans
We had 6 broken in UTRIP bats tested at ASA state just for ****s and giggles.. 5 out of 6 passed and the tards even stickered them for use.. Same goes for 2 or 3 shaved bats.. All of those passed.. Compression machines need work..

hinzy

}}i{{
Firemans had bat testing, but they also used 52/275 balls. I didn't think they were "sockballs"

hinzy

}}i{{
Besides... who can really tell me the correlation between what a bat compression tests at and bat performance?

x25

Addicted to Softballfans
We had 6 broken in UTRIP bats tested at ASA state just for ****s and giggles.. 5 out of 6 passed and the tards even stickered them for use.. Same goes for 2 or 3 shaved bats.. All of those passed.. Compression machines need work..

Yeah - a friend of a friend had a couple OG Freaks pass/get tagged at women's states this year. That just means they're within the +/- tolerances ... there really isn't that much difference (IIRC, ASA standards often result in about a 1.19bpf although they're based on different ****).

A broken-in Voltage failed, which it should (it was retarded).

I don't think the first is an indictment of the second (or the other way around) - the compression test is still the best way. Even if it's not "perfect."

DFL

Addicted to Softballfans

i think you need someone else running the testing machine. i live and play in minnesota and we get our bats tested at all the big tournaments around here. hundreds of bats did not pass the compression text provided.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
This idea is STUPID, if people are going to cheat they are going to cheat. I have seen teams get their bats tested then go right into a van with a rolling machine and get. Not to mention if you freeze the bat before you show up to get it tested it will compress the composite and let the bat test.

hinzy

}}i{{
i think you need someone else running the testing machine. i live and play in minnesota and we get our bats tested at all the big tournaments around here. hundreds of bats did not pass the compression text provided.

We gave them a BJ Fulk to test and it passed at firemans (ASA) in MN, they even went to put a sticker on it until we told him not to.
MN not perfect either :p

AveregeJay

Banned User

You need to find a proper machinist.

DFL

Addicted to Softballfans
We gave them a BJ Fulk to test and it passed at firemans (ASA) in MN, they even went to put a sticker on it until we told him not to.

thats just manipulating the situation. im not saying were perfect im just saying that is a decent comfort blanket, that its better then not testing at all. i noticed that the bats we faced outta state seemed a lot hotter then the bats we faced in state.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Bat testers are totally unreliable and are expensive they are not the answer. Using sockballs only destroys the game for people who play softball to pet their egos and see how far they can hit the ball. I really enjoy playing my singlewall league and clincher league, only big guys hit home runs and the emphasis is placed on defense and placing the ball. Lastly the 52/275 is not a sockball, it actually flys pretty good if you hit it on the screws.

DFL

Addicted to Softballfans

im quite suprised that pheff or barnsey lack the knowledge of whats asa and whats utrip certified. pheff in particular was pretty cautious and went thru our bats with a fine tooth comb when he tested them sat morning.

hinzy

}}i{{
im quite suprised that pheff or barnsey lack the knowledge of whats asa and whats utrip certified. pheff in particular was pretty cautious and went thru our bats with a fine tooth comb when he tested them sat morning.

This was at Dred Scott saturday morning... pheff and barnsey weren't at that table

BitLumpkin

Choach
This idea is STUPID, if people are going to cheat they are going to cheat. I have seen teams get their bats tested then go right into a van with a rolling machine and get. Not to mention if you freeze the bat before you show up to get it tested it will compress the composite and let the bat test.

you've seen people w/ rolling rolling machines? c'mon dude.

Hits Happen 20

Endless Retirement tour
My Velo didn't pass at Firemans yes it had 5000 hits on it but I saw a Utrip Mayhem that had work done pass for a coed team...
I pointed this out to the ump before first game and the guy made a big stink saying it was stickered...so at least it didn't get used against us.... (ridiculous coed get real...)

FYI- Burnsville leagues will have a tester starting next year at Lac Lavon.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
Or you can go get them done up after they test them and have them for the next day, since they dont test the bats that have already got the stickers. If you are really going to cheat then there is always a way to get it done