Buyer Beware NateC

alteredzx

Bazinga
Last week, I struck a deal up with NateC here on the board. 3 of my bats for 2 of his bats. In the beginning all is going well. He is a newer member, so I was cautious of him. He also only has 1 gtg feedback. We text back and forth. He gives me his shipping address, say his name is Ron Daniels.

Looking back at our texts, we were talking about a tournament he was going to play in this weekend. A 3 day tournament starting Friday 11/1.

He then tells me he is a prison guard at SCI Coal Township in PA. He also did 6 years in the Army, 2 years as a MP in Afghanistan. I tell him, that I have been a Deputy for 10 years in Kansas and the coversation goes on.

I ask him when can he ship the bats. He responds that he is at Drill this weekend and can't ship till monday. But earlier he tells me that he has a 3 day tournament this weekend.

A friend of mine is a State Trooper in PA. So I called him and asked him to check up on him. My buddy checks the state records and there is no person by the name of Ron Daniels employed anywhere in the State. So he has a good friend of his that is a Capt at SCI Coal Township, and he calls him. There is no person by that name that works there.

Searched his address, and no person in the history of the house being built has a name of Ron Daniels ever lived there. He said that his wife bought it while he was deployed. That is why we searched the address.

Doesnt work where he says he does.
Maybe doesnt live where he say he does.
Told me he was going to be in two different places this weekend.
Hes been online here, but no responding to texts.

kdubb0711

BE A MAN...SET AN EXAMPLE
damn dude SBF needs to hire you to to weed out the scum on this site, nice detective work bro. hope it work out and hope you didnt ship yet

alteredzx

Bazinga
No, I didnt ship anything. Thats why its a buyer beware and not a NGTG thread.

AJ22 is much better at this than me. I just know people that can look this stuff up for me.

bobber_1077

Good work man...sounds like the guy is a total scammer...
I assume if he gave you an address to ship to, he must live around there...

Country35

Banned User
If only everyone would put this much effort into a making a good deal, this site would be great again.

alteredzx

Bazinga
It will be great again. Just got to get people to be flexible with whats going on. In my 3 years here, i have seen it cycle thru.

NateC

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Hey man I'm sorry for not texting u back last weekend I'm not a scammer..at all my wife uncle passed away this past Saturday..I'm needing money to help pay for the funeral..i apologize for the inconvenience man..I'm sorry for not texting you back right away..I understand your word is key on here..I just want ppl to understand I'm going through a tought time with what I'm going thru with the death of a close family memeber I would hope you all would understand in this situation. .once again I apologize for not texting you back..

NateC

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I can't trade them anymore I don't have enough money to cover the funeral costs..so I have to try to sale them..

Joker

until you explain some things i seriously doubt anyone will buy anything from you

eastonfection

Addicted to Softballfans
I will as well, he is new and i will cut him some slack. I dont think he is out to scam anyone. He just isnt clear yet on how deals are done here.

Country35

Banned User
I would buy from him, granted he ships 1st and I don't pay until I have rec'd and inspected what I bought

I will as well, he is new and i will cut him some slack. I dont think he is out to scam anyone. He just isnt clear yet on how deals are done here.

You would make a deal with a made up name? He clearly lied about the name boys. If he had a death, wouldnt he have used his real ****ing name.

joee5

Addicted to Softballfans
Time and again it's amazing once people get outted then they respond and attempt to defend themselves

MDG

Addicted to Softballfans
There is no Ron, Ronnie, Ronald Daniels affiliated with the U.S. Army/Reserves/Nat'l Guard. None of the Ron Daniels' are in PA.

eastonfection

Addicted to Softballfans
Text me back yesterday saying he broke his leg?? I was still gonna give him the benefit of the doubt if he would ship first? We made a deal yesterday now he said it is too expensive to ship to Canada which i was upfront with him and told him it would be more. I am just gonna move on, he is either shady or has bad luck. Either way we had a deal and he backed out.

joee5

Addicted to Softballfans
Text me back yesterday saying he broke his leg?? I was still gonna give him the benefit of the doubt if he would ship first? We made a deal yesterday now he said it is too expensive to ship to Canada which i was upfront with him and told him it would be more. I am just gonna move on, he is either shady or has bad luck. Either way we had a deal and he backed out.

move on brother. Sounds shady to me as well