Nautalai vs Twisted Mistress

CanadianClint

Looking for some feedback on the two. I usually swing 12 or 12.5 inch barrels but for those off days i want something just a bit longer. We us .52/275 Hot dots year round. Just looking on some insight before pulling the trigger.
Cheers

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I am no help with demar....but a teammate only swings them like he's sponsored....the nautalai he has under a 100 swings has big paint flakes coming off..looks like white underneath.... just a tidbit of info for u...

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I am no help with demar....but a teammate only swings them like he's sponsored....the nautalai he has under a 100 swings has big paint flakes coming off..looks like white underneath.... just a tidbit of info for u...

Lol...does he only wear Demarini apparel too?

I haven’t swung the Nautalai, but the Mistress is one hot ass bat...things was good to go out of the wrapper and webbed up all the way around the barrel within the first 50 swings.

THESHOE

Starting Player
The difference is 100% all in the handle.

Do you want a CL22 stiff alloy handle with a hot gtg barrel?

Or do you want a Juggy handle?

I'm of the Juggy handle camp so I loved the 18 Nautalai and prob will not love its 2019 model that has gone to Alloy. TBH it's hard to imagine wtf the difference will be in 2019 between the two really (Other than there's a Balanced & EL Nautalai instead of Midload).

Durability for the '18 models is sketch on both, but perhaps moreso on Nautalai with its matte paint. Mine flaked and paint cracked quick. Looks like hell, but smashes 52cors like no other I swung this year.

RaiderKit

Addicted to Softballfans
They are both fire and both pretty fragile. Pick 1 and good luck. Lol.. I am gaming the Nautalai and its nasty. No BP whatsoever with them tho.

Batalot

If you would rather have the Twisted Mistress in a composite handle, the Standard Issue like the one being sold in the For sale section is a great choice as well.. :)

CanadianClint

Thanks guys. I knew the handle differences was more a barrel question. Would strictly be a Tournament/slump breaker since 99 percent of what I swing is short barrel. I know the SI was comp handle figured I'd ask ahead since the Nautalai is on sale (not available in Canada) so would work out to retail with the exchange rate (230 USD = $305 Cad) . Cheers boys, time to go work in the crushes and FF360 in the meantime!

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
The 2019 nautalai’s are very good. If you aren’t in a rush, I’d choose one of those. I got to try them out down in Florida last week. I was very impressed.

CanadianClint

The 2019 nautalai’s are very good. If you aren’t in a rush, I’d choose one of those. I got to try them out down in Florida last week. I was very impressed.

Problem with that is I don't feel like spending $400 on a bat before duties, I can get a TM here for 220 plus tax or import this year's Nautalai for about $325. Paying retail on a US exclusive just isn't worth it unfortunately. Thanks for the input on the 19s though.

CanadianClint

Just got a promo in my email, 20% additional off anything slow pitch. Bought a TM for $174.99. couldn't not pull the trigger

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
Problem with that is I don't feel like spending $400 on a bat before duties, I can get a TM here for 220 plus tax or import this year's Nautalai for about $325. Paying retail on a US exclusive just isn't worth it unfortunately. Thanks for the input on the 19s though.
The 2019 nautalai’s are part of the main line.

Party mafia

If you would rather have the Twisted Mistress in a composite handle, the Standard Issue like the one being sold in the For sale section is a great choice as well.. :)
isn't the SI and TM are both the same bat just with different handle? TM has composite while the SI has alloy.

Batalot

Well, from what I understand, the Standard issue supposedly is the same barrel as the TM, except with a "military load" meaning it has an extra quarter of an ounce to what ever EL it has. I can tell you, either one of those, do not feel end loaded but rather mid loaded.

The TM has an Alloy handle, while the SI has a normal composite handle.

THESHOE

Starting Player
1) Observation is the 1/2 loads are THE most popular to the general public out there.

2) I think the big time EL are starting to go away with the performance out of wrap of these bats now. Too much EL = won't pass and won't last.

3) Starting to see the MOI (Moment of Inertia) term from golf to softball now - All in the name of uttermost forgiveness to the player and maximum sweet spot and performance. In golf they eventually had this maxed out, and had to scale some models back with less MOI for the power hitters that put a lot of backspin on balls to get less spin. Curious to know more about how it will go in softball world. I always liked high MOI drivers because they were long/forgiving/accurate for me. Can't complain if they're going to make me a good blend of long/forgiving and weighed for control in bats.

Even in Miken, saw more Freak/Psycho than DC41 in the 2018s out there. Worth with Harvey more than Purcells here at least.

Just me or an unusual amount of midload/midload feel bats this year?

CanadianClint

Ya I've noticed the MOI especially since there is half ounce weighting plus half ounce endloads. I've always been a balanced hitter and switched to half ounce like the branch, Mizuno crush and triple crown seeing as the full ounce was always a little more than I could get around.

Steve lau

Would you say the balance nautalai swing similar to the 2016 u-trip flipper and Dinger slinger.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
They are both fire and both pretty fragile. Pick 1 and good luck. Lol.. I am gaming the Nautalai and its nasty. No BP whatsoever with them tho.
What balls were you gaming the Nautalai with? Is it still going? If not how many hits did it blow up in?

ShortYellowBus

I didn’t have any issues with a Nautalai, but a Tm did crack on me in 30 swings.

I don’t think the newer TM’s and Nautalai production will have the issues the first batch bats did. Bat makers look at the turnover on warranty claims and try to fix the issues.

I know Easton fixed the problem with the Ghost ASA bat cracks on the O, and I’m sure DeMarini did the same with the current offerings having problems.

lakeyale13

Manager
The TM intrigues me because they can be had for so cheap. Durability issues still a problem with the 2019? If you buy a 2018 and it explodes will they replace it with a 2019?

Batalot

The TM intrigues me because they can be had for so cheap. Durability issues still a problem with the 2019? If you buy a 2018 and it explodes will they replace it with a 2019?

Yeah got a red Nautalai or could have had any bat DeMarini had in stock for a busted Standard Issue.