Nebraska Board Bros #5

metz225

Addicted to Softballfans
New thread for the "off-season" chatter....

Just bumping the SuperDraft from the last thread. The weather is looking too good to not play one more time.;)

Super Draft--USSSA rules
Sat Nov 10th @ Memorial Fields in Fremont
930am start
$10 per player
Cost will be $10 per player.

This will take place at Memorial Fields in Fremont, Ne. If you've never been there don't worry about the drive, it's only 20 minutes from Scheels parking lot in Omaha.

We'll use USSSA bats and Classic M or M plus balls.

Homerun rule will be 3 per team, then +1 after both teams get to 3. You will not have to buy any HRs.

55 minute game times.

Run rules will be 20 after 3, 15 for the rest of the game.

Need at least 20 people to sign up, but will also cap this at 48, 12 per team, 4 teams max.

We'll start play at 10 am and be done by 3 pm.

http://forums.softballfans.com/showpost.php?p=16174201&postcount=2996

More details-----> https://www.facebook.com/events/425585554163835/

Last edited:

FR20

<font color="#000080">Bleeding Blue</font>
thumbs_up_you_like_this_bumper_sticker-p128096592726024722trl0_400.jpg

metz225

Addicted to Softballfans
How was the tourney? Did the wind play havoc with flyballs? Any moonshine or streaking?

The tourney went well (32 players) even with the Husker game and deer season opening day. The wind did help a few balls leave the yard. Big Papi even hit a house! No streakers were seen this time.

phatboy40

Thick N Juicy
The tourney went well (32 players) even with the Husker game and deer season opening day. The wind did help a few balls leave the yard. Big Papi even hit a house! No streakers were seen this time.
Yeah, he sure liked that spicy meatball i lobbed in there. :eek: :D

HH2

go YANKS
Been gone awhile!

Hello boys!!! Whats been going on since i have been gone? Miss me LOL?:rolleyes:

LK30

Addicted to Softballfans
Worlds and Nationals Information

Just thought I wold pass this along, so if people are interested they can start planning.

USSSA Information

All Men's and Women's World Tournaments are going to be 3GG in 2013 and the winners will receive high end Josten's rings. Dates are as follows:

Men's B: September 13-15 Disney

Men's Major/C/ Womens: September 19-22 Disney.

Men's D: September 12-15 Disney

Men's E North: September 13-15 Sterling Heights
Men's E West: September 19-22- BLD Las Vegas
Men's E East: September 26-29 Disney

Mixed: October 11-13- BLD Gilbert, Arizona

Hispanic: November 8-10- League City Houston Texas

Men's E Nationals - Waterloo, IA August 30-September 1
Men's D Nationals - Minneapolis, MN August 30-September 1
Men's C and Women's Nationals - August 23-25

ASA Info

Men's C Nationals - Rochester, MN 8/30-9/2
World's - Oklahoma City 9/26-9/29

Men's D Nationals - Springfield, MO 8/29-9/2
World's - OKC 9/26-9/29
*Starting this year they will be taking the top 4 from each regional and playing 16 team DE tournament.

Men's E/Rec Nationals - St. Joseph, MO 8/29-9/2

REYN #9

Dirtbags #63
Any local teams looking for new pants for the 2013 season, hit me up!!! I have a sample of the new 3n2 pants and can get a killer deal on team orders!!! custom sublimated side panels and belt loops!!! These pants are better then boombah in my honest opinion and should be considered before you order your teams pants for next year!!! These will come directly from 3n2...

Hit me up with any questions.

Reynolds

tbullard

Addicted to Softballfans
Does anyone have access to or know where I can get a returnable receipt for an asa miken freak fx 700?

LK30

Addicted to Softballfans
Was planning on lower leagues being allowed to, but all MPL players will need to swing the new stamped bats. Speaking of bats I have a few to move.
27.5 Mizuno Whiteout $150 NIW
26 Mizuno Frenzy 2 (340212) $150
28 Mizuno Frenzy 2 (340199) $150
27 Mizuno Craze (340244) Green ASA $100
28 Mizuno Craze (340245) Red USSSA $100

Let me know if interested and will listen to offers. These are all new bats, they were used for shows so not all in wrappers.

LK30

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys would really like to move the bats above locally. I know the ASA bat is still good for this area. Willing to make deals just let me know what you think.

REYN #9

Dirtbags #63
Was planning on lower leagues being allowed to, but all MPL players will need to swing the new stamped bats. Speaking of bats I have a few to move.

I disagree with you Mike, if the bat passes your testing it should be allowed in league play. Tournaments are a different situation, but for league I think you should be able to swing the pre 2013 bats if they pass your testing...

A lot of low budget teams out there that may not want to buy new bats jut to play one night a week, and a lot of good deals out there to be had on pre 2013 usssa bats to use for league...

Just my opinion..
Reynolds

LK30

Addicted to Softballfans
Not all teams have to get the 2013 bats, but the guys that are playing in the Power League on Wednesday nights will be required the new bats. UBA does not want to invest the time into testing bats anymore. So now how do we keep the cheating out of the power league if we don't go to the new bats? Still looking at different options and nothing will be settled until the next board meeting, but the objective is to eliminate the glass sticks that are being used in league play.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
Not all teams have to get the 2013 bats, but the guys that are playing in the Power League on Wednesday nights will be required the new bats. UBA does not want to invest the time into testing bats anymore. So now how do we keep the cheating out of the power league if we don't go to the new bats? Still looking at different options and nothing will be settled until the next board meeting, but the objective is to eliminate the glass sticks that are being used in league play.

What about the tester on site at power league? Used in some form of protest or batted ball resulting in injury? I understand requiring new stamped bats, but I also understand peoples frustration having to either purchase or send in a in some cases 1yr old bat to get the stamp. Just a suggestion to generate some conversation. I am not accusing anyone of anything but I do believe the tester could still be practically applied and still an effective deterant

Just my .02

metz225

Addicted to Softballfans
Agreed, thats why I think the tester should be on site. Stamp or no stamp I have both, but guys will continue to swing non compliant sticks.

I can see both sides of the argument, but we have to come to terms that the new Utrip bat rules are finally in effect. Does it suck? Absolutely. Can we do anything about it? Nope. I would rather use the same bats for league and tourneys. That way you dont have to adjust have to using a completely different bat. Unfortunately, there are guys out there that can't use a stock bat, even in our softball community. This is why a rule should be implemented that if a bat is suspect, than it can be tested on site. It can be either returned to the game, if it passes or the bat is removed and not allowed to be used the rest of the year, if it fails.

REYN #9

Dirtbags #63
I agree with you metz, but there are teams that play in the league that play NSA or Asa and its tough for them to be required to buy utrip bats? I have them all so I'm not worried just throwing my two cents in the mix

rx7_omaha

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I agree with both metz we have all known about the change to the new stamp. I see what Reyn is saying tho but if those people who play NSA and ASA in tournaments will still have to have a USSSA stamped bat for a USSSA tournament. Bargo went over the change many times before last season even started. Also seems that 95% of teams all levels of play know about the change of the stamp. But just like Reyn I am good either way it goes but I would prefer to see the stamp change go in effect so there wont be issues come any tournaments in this area.

jdub_4

Addicted to Softballfans
The guys playing in the Open League already have 2013 stamped bats for the most part and if they dont they will soon.

Anyone playing NSA is good to go as far as needing a USSSA bat since they are pretty much all legal in both.

Nobody in that Open League will play only ASA and never play a local USSSA tournament. Even if ASA is their primary sanction they are playing. Count on it.

I agree with Bargo...Open League players swing the latest and greatest stamp wise. Hell they pretty much do it anyway. There is no excuse since everyone knew that 2012 was the "grandfather" year. The old school bats are too hot and there is a reason they are no longer legal.

Everything below has been posted for quite some time now...

http://www.usssa.com/sports/Announcements.asp?Sport=17&AA=517

If you are a hitter then you should be able to hit without buying the absolute hottest bat you can find. Without the tester though I am sure the glass sticks will be back in full effect this year in the open. While not testing every single bat makes sense for UBA they should still have a rep out there for Open League divisions both 1 and 2 to test bats.

Also the umpires need to do their job this year and eject anyone verbalizing that they are going to hit the middle instead of trying to be friends with everyone.

REYN #9

Dirtbags #63
Well said Jeff, not trying to start any debates was just trying to get the best bang for my buck as you can pick up some of the remaining 2012 USSSA bats way cheap right now.

I greatly agree with your points on the middle hitting and bat testing on Open nights. It would be nice if we could put the S*** talking away during league and go back to having fun on Wednesday nights? Win or lose who cares, lets have fun, drink a few beers, and get some good games in.

Best of luck to everyone in 2013.

Reynolds

jdub_4

Addicted to Softballfans
Well said Jeff, not trying to start any debates was just trying to get the best bang for my buck as you can pick up some of the remaining 2012 USSSA bats way cheap right now.

I greatly agree with your points on the middle hitting and bat testing on Open nights. It would be nice if we could put the S*** talking away during league and go back to having fun on Wednesday nights? Win or lose who cares, lets have fun, drink a few beers, and get some good games in.

Best of luck to everyone in 2013.

Reynolds

Totally agree. While it would be nice to grab a few bats at a great price its simply not what's best for softball in my own personal opinion. Its a small enough community here to where we could be very successful if we would just police ourselves and our own teams, but guys are always looking for that advantage which in turn forces folks to be straight by the book.

Greatly agree with the bolded piece. That would be nice for sure.

Bombpop

The guys playing in the Open League already have 2013 stamped bats for the most part and if they dont they will soon.

Anyone playing NSA is good to go as far as needing a USSSA bat since they are pretty much all legal in both.

Nobody in that Open League will play only ASA and never play a local USSSA tournament. Even if ASA is their primary sanction they are playing. Count on it.

I'll be your exception here. I played Open last year, and that was the only time I played USSSA. Everything else was ASA. I didn't buy a bat because I didn't want to mess with the new stamp stuff. Granted, I suck at Utrip so that is probably why I didn't play any.

jdub_4

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll be your exception here. I played Open last year, and that was the only time I played USSSA. Everything else was ASA. I didn't buy a bat because I didn't want to mess with the new stamp stuff. Granted, I suck at Utrip so that is probably why I didn't play any.

Sorry...when I made my post it was geared more towards teams rather than specific players. Obviously you will have guys who are just pickups or only play league with friends, but dont play on the weekends with them. In those cases if you are driving from Lincoln just to play open they should be good enough friends of yours to let you borrow a bat. lol