Need 2 Team Bats?!

beersy

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't bought a bat in years!!!! not a clue what to get for the team?! We can basically use anything except ultra's and senior bats, so i am guessing getting something usssa or nsa, right?! i think i would like to get two different brands, maybe one with flex one and one without, basically to try and find a couple bats that may fit a variety of swings. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Cheers!

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes. If you're looking for something cost effective and durable in the cold I'd hit up a pair of crazes from the store.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is your league going to require the new stamp next year? If not, there are a ton of bats without the 13 stamp to be had for cheap. I'd get the Craze from SBF, and maybe a Combatant for a softer feel. The Craze is super durable even though it's a NR. The Psycho they have for $129.99 is a solid choice as well.

If you have to get the new stamp the top three seem to be Z2000, SP12ST100H, and Blackout.

beersy

Addicted to Softballfans
Is your league going to require the new stamp next year? If not, there are a ton of bats without the 13 stamp to be had for cheap. I'd get the Craze from SBF, and maybe a Combatant for a softer feel. The Craze is super durable even though it's a NR. The Psycho they have for $129.99 is a solid choice as well.

If you have to get the new stamp the top three seem to be Z2000, SP12ST100H, and Blackout.

i am pretty sure they won't require a new stamp.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
if you wanna be on the safe side of the stamp issue a 2012.5 scn17bh can be found cheap, nigh on indestructible, and a great stick for any ball

beersy

Addicted to Softballfans
if you wanna be on the safe side of the stamp issue a 2012.5 scn17bh can be found cheap, nigh on indestructible, and a great stick for any ball

Please excuse my ignorance...but they changed bat standards again?! we don't play any associations so it's not a big deal for my squad...like i said bat rules are pretty loose besides ultras and seniors.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you opposed to buying used? I think something like an Easton SCN4 would be a decent complement to a blk/or Craze. The Craze is, IMO, a very stiff feeling one-piece; the Stealth+ I thought had a moderately soft barrel, and was a two-piece.

Both perform exceptionally well when broken in.

beersy

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you opposed to buying used? I think something like an Easton SCN4 would be a decent complement to a blk/or Craze. The Craze is, IMO, a very stiff feeling one-piece; the Stealth+ I thought had a moderately soft barrel, and was a two-piece.

Both perform exceptionally well when broken in.

Thanks, Yes this was something i wanted to try to do to accommodate the various swings on the team get a rigid bat and one with flex. any newer 2012 bats have decent flex?!

Ronnie1

Starting Player
i,m looking for a hot CHEAP bat . prefer used , I played in a leauge that was supposed to be ASA standards but it didn;t turn out like that. so it wound up being a outlaw leauge and we didn't have anything that would have competed with these guys. also , I got hurt playin with them now gotta have surgery , would love to find a VERY HOT CHEAP BAT. may consider trading something .

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
i,m looking for a hot CHEAP bat . prefer used , I played in a leauge that was supposed to be ASA standards but it didn;t turn out like that. so it wound up being a outlaw leauge and we didn't have anything that would have competed with these guys. also , I got hurt playin with them now gotta have surgery , would love to find a VERY HOT CHEAP BAT. may consider trading something .

Sounds like you need a senior bat. PM Coach and ask about an Ultra or the Combat Centenarian