Need a little glove help

Currently using a 13" Easton Havoc and want to step up to a 14" Glove because I want to have a bigger glove while playing. I usually play Outfield and Catch Modified with a little bit of infield thrown in as well. I don't want to break the bank with finding a glove, so I figured that I would set my budget at $100 though I might step up a little bit if there is a glove that fits my price range.

FGHD14-CM140 HD9

MS140SP

GMVP1400S1

TXL140

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Used vinci, boombah, the new softball glove from louisville slugger, I'm sure there's more.

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Worth BFG

\thread

Please don't! I know a lot of people like these but they don't hold up. I just relaced/repaired one for someone. The glove did not appear that old but several of the holes seemed stretched/ripped around the web and through the fingers. Also the laces in the middle of the fingers ripped through the index finger so I had to run it all the way through the web.

Ok, want the glove to last longer than a half a season. With the Boombah Gloves, what's the typical break in period of them?

nissben

Freakin Ninja
Ok, want the glove to last longer than a half a season. With the Boombah Gloves, what's the typical break in period of them?

boombah "game ready" gloves are far from game ready (so imagine the ones that arent game ready lol)....for the price i think its a good buy, cant say how long itll take to break in

Gotta keep it rolling Nissbin!!! At the price point, the Boombahs have floated to the surface, but I have some other options to consider as well.

MaverickAH

Currently using a 13" Easton Havoc and want to step up to a 14" Glove because I want to have a bigger glove while playing. I usually play Outfield and Catch Modified with a little bit of infield thrown in as well. I don't want to break the bank with finding a glove, so I figured that I would set my budget at $100 though I might step up a little bit if there is a glove that fits my price range.

FGHD14-CM140 HD9

MS140SP

GMVP1400S1

TXL140

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Your location says NY. Where in NY are you? (This is important!) If you're in NYC, the odds are that the ball you're using is a Clincher F12 or at best, a Clincher F12G. You can get away with a sub $100 glove & it will last you a good long time if properly maintained.

If you want something you can touch/feel before buying at one of the local chain sports stores (Modell's, Sports Authority), a Worth Mayhem (M140 or MH140) is the way to go.

You can also find:
Mizuno MVP
DeMarini Diablo Dark
Easton Salvo

If you do go sub $100, I can't stress this enough:

No Conditioners (except for winter storage)
Catch Only
Keep a ball in the pocket when not in use (Religiously!!!)

Personally, I think that you'd be better served by staying with 13" but to each his own.

Last edited: