Need Help Bat Lost

Softball.com:

only+hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Not going to mention the board members name. Board member already stated he would ship my bat back. Did a trade with a board member and the tube package arrived empty. Unfortunately, he did not insure the package.

After talking with the so called Supervisor at Post office I was given a number to call. Called the number and the customer relations person was not in.Have to call back tomorrow. Package is stamped by the post office near me as Package received unsealed and no contents inside.

Have you had this happen to you? Any advice on what to do next.

Please help.

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
just keep us updated is he ships your bat back, not to much else can be done since he failed at insuring the package. The best thing to come out of this will be (hopefully) the guy you traded with will insure in the future.

warpath

BUTT****ING THE WORLD
I bouht an og flex from a guy on here and the same thing happened. Seemed kind of sketchy but he refunded my money once he talked to my post office.

only+hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Been talking with the guy since i left the post office. does not seem like he's screwing me over, but who knows. never know you've been fu***d until they pull out. haha

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
why would someone ever ship w/o insurance...it's just a few extra dollars and is better than losing a $200-$300 bat w/no chance of recouping some of the cash

bbomber4

Addicted to Softballfans
He should have insured it. It costs $2-3. He should reimburse you since he was cheap and didn't insure it.

only+hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to fight with USPS. It is rediculous that this is so common and nothing is done about it. How about some responsibility as a company. As somebody that use to work in a shipping warehouse i know there are cameras in them. They could easily track the package in the warehouse and see if it was ever randomly taken to the bathroom or slipped underneath a jacket. Whatever those a**holes do. But like i said earlier the guy i traded with has been in great contact and already said he would ship my bat back. It just sucks because he will end up out of a bat if nothing is achieved with USPS.

WTrackP

Addicted to Softballfans
I can only blame the shipper in this instance. We know there are fu***ed up people working at the post office, not buying the insurance is not an option.

chrisgotahemi

Addicted to Softballfans
Make sure he insured the bat that he is shipping back to you, you might just end up with another empty box. :rolleyes:

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
I'm going to fight with USPS. It is rediculous that this is so common and nothing is done about it. How about some responsibility as a company. As somebody that use to work in a shipping warehouse i know there are cameras in them. They could easily track the package in the warehouse and see if it was ever randomly taken to the bathroom or slipped underneath a jacket. Whatever those a**holes do. But like i said earlier the guy i traded with has been in great contact and already said he would ship my bat back. It just sucks because he will end up out of a bat if nothing is achieved with USPS.

They will laugh at you.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Why would you fight with them? The shipper is the one who caused this situation.

93chromedaytona

Addicted to Softballfans
Why would you fight with them? The shipper is the one who caused this situation.

The shipper may have messed up by not insuring, but as a company, US Postal service also dropped the ball. You give them money to deliver a package. It should be their responsibility to handle/maintain the package until it is delivered. I understand why you have to buy insurance, and I always do. But think of it like this, if you want to pay me to carry a box from point A to B, but I'm going to charge you extra in case I drop it or loose it?

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
The shipper may have messed up by not insuring, but as a company, US Postal service also dropped the ball. You give them money to deliver a package. It should be their responsibility to handle/maintain the package until it is delivered. I understand why you have to buy insurance, and I always do. But think of it like this, if you want to pay me to carry a box from point A to B, but I'm going to charge you extra in case I drop it or loose it?

Blah, blah....shipper didn't put insurance on the package. Hopefully proper feedback is left so no one else gets in this position with this person.

only+hitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I will laugh at him and I don't even work for usps

You guys are probably the ones that would take the bat to begin with.

Why would you not pursue them doing some correcctive action or resolve. If nothing happens, atleast I tried and didn't just roll over. I'll find out tomorrow and have my OG Plus back up for trade by the end of next week.

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
You guys are probably the ones that would take the bat to begin with. Why would you not pursue them doing some correcctive action or resolve. If nothing happens, atleast I tried and didn't just roll over. I'll find out tomorrow and have my OG Plus back up for trade by the end of next week.

before I could give you a definite answer I need to know what bat it is and what the value of it is coupled with a possible turn around time on my "investment"...then I could lyk for sure...ijs

and don't go down w/o a fight...stick it to the man jr.....and then go give usps hell :rolleyes:

DRock88

What's the problem here?
Blah, blah....shipper didn't put insurance on the package. Hopefully proper feedback is left so no one else gets in this position with this person.

The guy is making the deal right, by shipping the bat back. He's the one that is getting the raw end of the deal after all. Why would any negative feedback be necessary?

Country35

Banned User
wrong carrier, wrong package, wrong idea about insurance, and the question I would really like to know is what did he use to seal the package, a glue stick?.....I can see I need to give a seminar on shipping

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Never, ever let a seller ship in a tube. Require a triangle or square box with a good tape job + insurance. I spell out what I expect and want the seller to repeat it back to me before I pay. A little extreme, but then there's no sad stories.

utcw201

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼
The guy is making the deal right, by shipping the bat back. He's the one that is getting the raw end of the deal after all. Why would any negative feedback be necessary?

I didn't say negative, just proper feedback. If a guy shipped a bat to me without insurance, I would start a buyer beware thread. He's getting the raw end of the deal because of his actions.

DRock88

What's the problem here?
I didn't say negative, just proper feedback. If a guy shipped a bat to me without insurance, I would start a buyer beware thread. He's getting the raw end of the deal because of his actions.

Insurance isn't something required. Believe me, I understand the courtesy of paying the extra few dollars for insurance. And, I'm with you when you say he's causing his own raw deal. But, the buyer is really not at a loss here. He's exactly where he was prior to the deal. I don't see the point in highlighting the seller because he didn't insure a package. Who's to really say if he just forgot or overlooked insurance on this one, solitary occasion. I am fairly new here, but I'm under the impression that "Buyer Beware" and "Outstanding Bad Dealer" are reserved for instances in which the buyers were actually screwed over or believed to have been screwed over by the seller. I think it's apparent that the seller and buyer are in agreement that USPS dropped the ball, respective of the presence/lack of insurance. The seller may or may not deal on here anymore anyway, even without a proper tag, because he's lost a good deal of money already.