Need Help Need help, sure this has been asked before....

Joker

Yah, its probably $25 to me in Toronto from most places mid country-south...
But like I said, I usually offer about $10 or so above asking to ship to me.

But if people aren't willing to ship to Canada, that's cool too...

i just think it would be common courtesy to tell a seller if they would have to ship out of country while a deal is being made, not after the price has been agreed to. but i'm a nice guy

exactly, let them know up front before anything else

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
A person can give the "I've got my word and I've got my balls..and I don't break neither for nobody" speech until he/she is blue in the face. These two people couldn't agree on shipping terms. The customer should receive a full refund and both people can move on with life.

I believe the original rule of thumb that this message board followed stated that "the deal isn't complete until both parties are happy". It seems that the seller isn't happy with the cost of shipping (offering to split the cost as an alternative). If the seller isn't aware of what shipping would be, it is a mistake on his part, but no reason to burn him at the stake.

I live in Hawaii. try ordering **** online. It is crazy how people think. Shipping to Hawaii from California is cheaper than shipping from Cali to Jersey.

Ask around. I have done multiple deals INCLUDING mods where I have voluntarily donated extra $$$ for shipping. But CANADA is a whole nother beast.

Oh really? Wasn't aware of that.
So if you are in FL, its same price to ship within the state as it is to ship to ND?

Does FLAT RATE mean something different in CANADA? Do you get a free Toque with shipping or something?

USPS has a flat rate saying. "If it fits. It ships" My buddy would ABUSE that flat rate shipping to have his brother send him Lead bullet heads to reload his Ammo shells.

Joker

i know i'd be pissed if i was turning down other deals while negotiating with you and then find out at the end i'd have to ship to canada and kill the whole thing

bobber_1077

Does FLAT RATE mean something different in CANADA? Do you get a free Toque with shipping or something?

USPS has a flat rate saying. "If it fits. It ships" My buddy would ABUSE that flat rate shipping to have his brother send him Lead bullet heads to reload his Ammo shells.

I guess if you said it in French it would have helped.

bobber_1077

i know i'd be pissed if i was turning down other deals while negotiating with you and then find out at the end i'd have to ship to canada and kill the whole thing

When I'm dealing with guys on here, I always check their profile being agreeing to a deal to see where they are as I know it costs more for me to ship to southern states as it does to northern ones.
If a seller isn't gonna make any attempt to do some homework, don't get pissed at me...

Joker

When I'm dealing with guys on here, I always check their profile being agreeing to a deal to see where they are as I know it costs more for me to ship to southern states as it does to northern ones.
If a seller isn't gonna make any attempt to do some homework, don't get pissed at me...

so its on the seller to know you're in canada instead of you telling him like a normal person?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
as stated, you can't assume people will look at your location. can't even assume they would know what that means. tons of people on here aren't even living in the place their location says

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
you can bet your left nut if i was on SFO i would tell people way upfront that i was from out of the country

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
again, people are stupid

Hate to say it Joker, but this is not a case of STUPIDITY. This is a classic case of CANADIANism. Dude is just arguing for the sake of arguing because he isn't getting his way. I deal with it on a DAILY basis with PITA Canadians asking the SAME stupid ****.

"Why doesn't the U.S. convert to the metric system like the rest of the world?"

Because I just told them the fish portion was 7oz. and they can't wrap their melon around how much that is.

"How many grams is that?"

I don't ****ing know you tool. I live in the greatest ****ing country on the face of this earth and we speak English, and use the standard system.

"America should do what Canada does and pay it's employees more and charge more for the food"

We already charge a ton for the food. If you don't like tipping policies in the US, go vacation in Manitoba you cheap ****.

My point is this. The guy has been a member on this site for almost 11 years. He KNOWS why people hate shipping international. Just because he is willing to throw $10 canadian extra into the sale, he feels that people who are shipping should deal with all the paperwork and BS that goes into shipping to Canada and customs paperwork.

With the exception of a few highly regarded members of this site, I seriously hate the pompousness that so many Canadians pose about how they think their country of 30 Million people is so much better than everyone else.

I could go on and on.

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I guess if you said it in French it would have helped.

At least I ****ing spelled toque right. Give me some credit for that.

And **** the Quebecois.... ( I don't know how to post the s with the little scribbly thing on it.)

Those French Canadian mother****ers come into my restaurant and speak flawless unaccented English to me and then go on to have their entire conversation in French. D I C K S.:D:D

bobber_1077

Hate to say it Joker, but this is not a case of STUPIDITY. This is a classic case of CANADIANism. Dude is just arguing for the sake of arguing because he isn't getting his way. I deal with it on a DAILY basis with PITA Canadians asking the SAME stupid ****.

"Why doesn't the U.S. convert to the metric system like the rest of the world?"

Because I just told them the fish portion was 7oz. and they can't wrap their melon around how much that is.

"How many grams is that?"

I don't ****ing know you tool. I live in the greatest ****ing country on the face of this earth and we speak English, and use the standard system.

"America should do what Canada does and pay it's employees more and charge more for the food"

We already charge a ton for the food. If you don't like tipping policies in the US, go vacation in Manitoba you cheap ****.

My point is this. The guy has been a member on this site for almost 11 years. He KNOWS why people hate shipping international. Just because he is willing to throw $10 canadian extra into the sale, he feels that people who are shipping should deal with all the paperwork and BS that goes into shipping to Canada and customs paperwork.

With the exception of a few highly regarded members of this site, I seriously hate the pompousness that so many Canadians pose about how they think their country of 30 Million people is so much better than everyone else.

I could go on and on.

Go on and on about what? Making it abundantly clear that your grouping our entire country as the exact same person? So ****en ignorant...
You don't even have a clue what you are blabbing on and on about...I clearly stated previously that if I should mention up front that I am from Canada then I will. A good portion of the guys I ask with either ask where I am from or they know where I am from before agreeing to a deal...
I'm not talking about every deal...I'm talking about a few select deals where sellers see $$ and agree to a deal before knowing all the details, that's not fully on me...
You don't wanna ship to Canada, cool, that's on you...but my money is just as good as everyone elses...and most Canadians are willing to pay more money for the extra costs and hassle.
There are lots of good board bros that are willing to help out us Canadians, and then there are other *******s like yourself who have a hate on for no reason...
A very good majority know both standard and metric. You may find some that don't, but that's also like finding people that can't drive standard...

spank13

Everyday I'm shufflin'...
Follow up, all monies squared. Also, all I can think of now where this thread has gone is "they're not even a real country anyway..."

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
CANADIANS are "Eh"-holes:D:D:D

And for the Canucks that I do hate, I HAVE my reasons. ;););)

Bobber--- you are A-ok in my book though. Had a rough week at work with a large contingent of Manitobans.

Not meaning to be personal Brah!

bobber_1077

CANADIANS are "Eh"-holes:D:D:D

And for the Canucks that I do hate, I HAVE my reasons. ;););)

Bobber--- you are A-ok in my book though. Had a rough week at work with a large contingent of Manitobans.

Not meaning to be personal Brah!

All good buddy...you know I had to give it back to you though.
Cheers eh!! :sucks: