Need help with bat weight.

chpalmer2333

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you get a noticeable difference in pop with a -9 vs a -11?. She plays HS ball, has used a 33/22 or 33/23 since she started playing 5 years ago. I am pretty sure she could handle the weight. Thanks in advance.

G R E G

Make sure you know what you are buying. Just because a bat says its a 34-24 doesnt make it so.lol. Take the Easton ghost, DD has a 34-24 and it weighs 25.4oz and a Demarini Prism 34-24 and it comes in at 23.8 oz. And bat of choice this week is an LXT 34-24 which comes in at 24.9 oz. They all swing different as well because of they way they are loaded. Balanced mid or end.

chpalmer2333

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Greg. I was looking at getting the LXT or the Xeno both 2018 models. Just trying to upgrade. She has swung the Demarini Vendetta in the past. I guess my original question was, if you swing a heavier bat are you going to get more pop out of the heavier bat?

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
Thanks Greg. I was looking at getting the LXT or the Xeno both 2018 models. Just trying to upgrade. She has swung the Demarini Vendetta in the past. I guess my original question was, if you swing a heavier bat are you going to get more pop out of the heavier bat?
Yes, more weight / mass going through the ball and less deflection.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
"Pop" is relative to the bat / bat model you have in your hands, but a heavier bat will always hit "harder" than a light bat.

G R E G

The LXT is more of a balanced bat, the Xeno is and end load bat. So at equal weights the xeno will swing heavier and designed for more of a power hitter. The LXT has plenty of pop though. Actually thought the '17 LXT's were better than the new ones as they still had the floating disks.