Need Help

strider235

Star Player
Lately I have been hitting the ball on the handle whenever I try to pull the ball. I have been told I am diving in towards the plate but it feels like my hips are opening faster than my wrist are snapping the bat head around. Any ideas what are some causes of handle shots? Thanks for the help.

RLH4L

Extra Hitter
I've done the same thing. Stand up tall, dont lunge down at the ball. It could also be your timing. Take lots of BP and work on swinging the barrel through the zone, not the handle.

Stretch19

Grow up
think about your logic here for a second...if your hips are opening faster than your wrists, whatever that means...but if they are and you are 'snapping the bat head around' then why would you be getting jammed? that makes absolutely zero sense at all, if anything you would be early and hitting the ball way out in front and off the end cap

you should listen to the people that are telling you that you are diving in towards the plate. if you are standing in the box and the handle of the bat isnt over the plate, yet when you swing, the handle is over the plate, then it sounds like you are moving closer to the plate at some point during your swing, wouldnt you say?

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
If you don't believe the people who are there watching you or the people here giving advice then Record it and watch it and you will see what they are seeing.