Need Info--Combat Noob

Dual Rated

Lot's of Warning Track Power!!!
I recently got a CG Team Combat Utrip as a throw in on a deal (Black and Blue paint). I was pleasantly surprised at it's performance and shocked to see how cheap these were going for in the Store.

Is there a reason that these bats are so inexpensive?

If I like this bat, is there a better 1-piece that I should be swinging?

Thanks

lx_2nv

Coach
They are about the same honestly - I have both. Guilt>CG any day. I don't know why they are so cheap - the guilt is seriously my favorite bat of all time.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
They are about the same honestly - I have both. Guilt>CG any day. I don't know why they are so cheap - the guilt is seriously my favorite bat of all time.

Your lady just called.......and she is PISSED!!!
27 Demarini Juggy
26.5 Combat Greinert 275
26.5 Combat Guilt x 2
26 Miken DC41
27 Miken Freak 12
26.5 OG Blackout
26 SB73V Voltage----------------------What Da What:eek::eek::wtf2::wtf2::ban::yikes:

sleepin4matty

Management Material
If you're looking at ASA bats (I see your Freak Black ASA in your sig) then I would suggest you look at the DBA as well. Hottest ASA Combat I used last year

lx_2nv

Coach
Your lady just called.......and she is PISSED!!!
27 Demarini Juggy
26.5 Combat Greinert 275
26.5 Combat Guilt x 2
26 Miken DC41
27 Miken Freak 12
26.5 OG Blackout
26 SB73V Voltage----------------------What Da What:eek::eek::wtf2::wtf2::ban::yikes:

That reminds me - I need to edit that...and add another CG 275 and 2 ROGOs :D

My wife left me 6 years ago lol - and my GF doesn't ***** too much. Somehow I win like every raffle I enter :D

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
To answer. Combat doesn't get the respect for whatever reason that other bat companies get (it least in ASA, since that is all I play). The stigma is Combats are not durable for whatever reason. I will say that in Michigan, and traveling for ball, I may have seen around 10-20 other people swing them besides me, that's playing 3 nights a week & every other weekend tournies. Around here it's Demarini, Monsta, LS & Easton dominate.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans

im almost convinced to buy one.. hows the durability with a mix of hot dots and grey dots?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
They have gotten a bad rep over the years for their durability and different feel. There's been a couple other threads that this horse got beat to death in. The softer barrel and sound can give the effect of making you think the bat is going to break upon contact if you're not used to it. With the exception of a few, they have a pretty quick break in. Even the older stuff (OGGS, JMac Plague, etc) was 300 swings with some hard stuff and then gamer only. They weren't made to last 2-3,000 swings. They were made to be hot fast. Some of the narrow minded gets one and puts 1,000 on it then is pissed when it ends up in 2 pieces. I lost count of how many times I read someone's post that said "One of the hottest bats I've ever swung, but I won't own another. Their durability sucks". That's where a lot of the negative light in that category came from. Then throw in people who can't own a bat without "sending it down a hill" and you have something you just sucked the life out of. Combat has significantly stepped up their durability these last few years as well. 800-1,000 swings out of one is almost the norm. And I will be unbiased and add that their ASA and dual stamp bats will give anything in the same category a run for it's money. Don't believe everything you read (hell, nobody is asking you to believe this either). Try one before you knock them. And don't use the "my buddy had one" bull crap either. Put one in your hands and give it a fair chance.

This isn't necessarily directed at anyone in general, just a rant I get on time to time about Combats.

/rant

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
The softer barrel and sound can give the effect of making you think the bat is going to break upon contact if you're not used to it.

Nobody can compete with Combat in that field. Other players say their bat sounds like a shotgun but until they hear the sweet symphony of the "Combat Crack" they say "Why does it sound like that?" Or "I think your bat is about to blow up".

Dan411

Star Player
Nobody can compete with Combat in that field. Other players say their bat sounds like a shotgun but until they hear the sweet symphony of the "Combat Crack" they say "Why does it sound like that?" Or "I think your bat is about to blow up".

ASA Portent and CG275 were my first. Great bats! I still remember everyone turning heads when we hit the Portent. Loud crack even with the 52's.

codyp333

Addicted to Softballfans
Swing them till they break, they have the best customer service and I think the best bats on the market. For as cheap as you can get them buy 3 and then one Easton for a Bp bat. 100 hits and these bats are more than game ready.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans

I agree. Their old stamps with 44's were off the charts too.

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
They have gotten a bad rep over the years for their durability and different feel. There's been a couple other threads that this horse got beat to death in. The softer barrel and sound can give the effect of making you think the bat is going to break upon contact if you're not used to it. With the exception of a few, they have a pretty quick break in. Even the older stuff (OGGS, JMac Plague, etc) was 300 swings with some hard stuff and then gamer only. They weren't made to last 2-3,000 swings. They were made to be hot fast. Some of the narrow minded gets one and puts 1,000 on it then is pissed when it ends up in 2 pieces. I lost count of how many times I read someone's post that said "One of the hottest bats I've ever swung, but I won't own another. Their durability sucks". That's where a lot of the negative light in that category came from. Then throw in people who can't own a bat without "sending it down a hill" and you have something you just sucked the life out of. Combat has significantly stepped up their durability these last few years as well. 800-1,000 swings out of one is almost the norm. And I will be unbiased and add that their ASA and dual stamp bats will give anything in the same category a run for it's money. Don't believe everything you read (hell, nobody is asking you to believe this either). Try one before you knock them. And don't use the "my buddy had one" bull crap either. Put one in your hands and give it a fair chance.

This isn't necessarily directed at anyone in general, just a rant I get on time to time about Combats.

/rant

This guy would know, trust me. He represented. OG DBA was a damn good stick. The Scott Brown 98 was way underrated with the 44 too.

Eeyore

Addicted to Softballfans
Lay off my Easton's bud. They mash. LSX has seen the light. I think. :banned:

I like Easton too, I just was pointing out that the excuse Combat is from Canada is stupid. I bought the EL & Bal Torq on Black Friday. Combat & Easton are my 2 favorite bat companies

jasonhud

Addicted to Softballfans
I like Easton too, I just was pointing out that the excuse Combat is from Canada is stupid. I bought the EL & Bal Torq on Black Friday. Combat & Easton are my 2 favorite bat companies

I know bud, I was only kidding, I see where you are at most of the time here. ;)

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans

/rant

got to agree with this combat does make very good bats and keeps jobs here in north america.

Some of my favorites over the years :

- Og AV asa2004 of course,
- Pure usssa (most underratted combat from the last few years imo, a rocket launcher once broken-in)
- Avarice og
- A3 SE
- DBCG usssa 2015

got a Guilt on the way also

Also if someone hits a bomb with a combat you know it's not shaved, atleast i havent heard of any being shaved.

But you're totally right people like to hit rocks and telephone poles with their bats, but you cant do that with most combats

lx_2nv

Coach

You hvae no clue how many times I was accussed of swinging glass because of the way my Guilt sounded

so not that durable i guess. did you get it tested at some point along the way?

You know - I was pretty satisfied with the swings I got out of it. Ohters will last more but this thing was fire after 50 hits. Never had it tested, but I am curious too.

Dual Rated

Lot's of Warning Track Power!!!
Put another 50-75 cuts on the CG Team Combat and I think it is game ready. The sound is amazing and the barrel feels really soft to me.