Need input on new Easton Double Barrel Tech for ASA

Dan2GurlDad

I am wondering if anyone has any input on the new tech Easton is using for there ASA bats. I bought a new bat recently, the 2018 Easton Buddy Wolf Autism Speaks ASA bat. I thought that it was made with Fire Flex tech, but the company I bought it from said they posted the wrong 3D images. The bat is made with the Double Barrel tech. I am debating whether or not I should return it for an exchange or keep it and try it out. Any have any input on this tech as far as Pop, Exit Speed, durability? Has any swung the ASA Easton Buddy Wolf? Thanksupload_2018-9-10_11-37-26.png

Joker

if only this place had an easton section where you could search and find all the info that already there

ShortYellowBus

I am wondering if anyone has any input on the new tech Easton is using for there ASA bats. I bought a new bat recently, the 2018 Easton Buddy Wolf Autism Speaks ASA bat. I thought that it was made with Fire Flex tech, but the company I bought it from said they posted the wrong 3D images. The bat is made with the Double Barrel tech. I am debating whether or not I should return it for an exchange or keep it and try it out. Any have any input on this tech as far as Pop, Exit Speed, durability? Has any swung the ASA Easton Buddy Wolf? ThanksView attachment 52282
FireFlex technology is exclusive to USSSA bats. You will not find an ASA bat with FireFlex. Definitely a mistake by the seller.

The bat is tremendously good and if it fits your swing, you’ll be hard pressed to find something else that performs as well.

Pop and exit speed stuff is for MLB caliber talent, so don’t worry too much about that stuff. The durability depends on the balls used in the league you play in. It’s a low compression bat made to hit 52’s; If you’re hitting 52/300 balls, the bat will last forever.

The Double Barrel technology concept is the same technology that all the new non-linear bats already have. For more than half a decade, brands like DeMarini, Worth and even Monsta have produced performance enhancing disks, inserts, sleeves, etc.

Easton is super late bringing it to market, and they had to ensure that people were aware that it’s no longer linear production in their ASA offerings and that the new bats will perform similarly to the offering of its competitors.

If you feel slighted in any way, don’t be. All new bats are terrific.

Find a bat that fits you. And swing happy!

Dan2GurlDad

FireFlex technology is exclusive to USSSA bats. You will not find an ASA bat with FireFlex. Definitely a mistake by the seller.

The bat is tremendously good and if it fits your swing, you’ll be hard pressed to find something else that performs as well.

Pop and exit speed stuff is for MLB caliber talent, so don’t worry too much about that stuff. The durability depends on the balls used in the league you play in. It’s a low compression bat made to hit 52’s; If you’re hitting 52/300 balls, the bat will last forever.

The Double Barrel technology concept is the same technology that all the new non-linear bats already have. For more than half a decade, brands like DeMarini, Worth and even Monsta have produced performance enhancing disks, inserts, sleeves, etc.

Easton is super late bringing it to market, and they had to ensure that people were aware that it’s no longer linear production in their ASA offerings and that the new bats will perform similarly to the offering of its competitors.

If you feel slighted in any way, don’t be. All new bats are terrific.

Find a bat that fits you. And swing happy!

Thanks for the input. Yeah I had only ever seen the Fire Flex tech with utrip bats, but then when I was surfing a sale and looking at some bats, I saw this bat. Unfortunately, there were not really any extensive reviews on it and the company I purchased it from had pics with the Fire Flex logo on the bat above the handle. So I thought maybe they were moving that tech over to ASA. The league we play in uses only 52/300 core softballs. They admitted their mistake on the 3D renderings and that I could exchange it, but if it is good tech, maybe I will give it a shot.
thumbnail

Hagen49

That bat is basically the same as the Ghost, which has been very nice for me. The only real issue I've had is the paint chipping up a bit, but that's just from the softness of the barrel, and my leagjes hitting 44s.

Dan2GurlDad

Yeah I assume it must be very similar to the Ghost with the only difference being that the Autism Speaks bat has 0.5oz end load. Thanks I appreciate the feedback. How many hits would you say that you have gotten on it yet? I saw a couple of complaints about cracks and durability.