Need some advice from the glove gurus

scootermooney

The Veteran
I am a utility player and it time for some new leather. I need something in the under $200 range. I play every where on the field except 1st base. Need to know what glove and pattern works the best for this

I would recommend something 12.5 or 12.75". From that point it's really all about what you like. If you like rawlings, get a rawlings. If you like Wilson, get a Wilson. And go with whatever web you like best. I personally would recommend trying a Wilson 1799.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I would recommend the RV1961 12.75" Kip H web
RV1961-L-Back-For_WebBig.jpg

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
What are you using currently? Do you like a floppier glove or more stiff? I need my gloves to really hold shape. Some people prefer a quicker break in glove. I'd recommend spending the extra money and having a glove really last you a decade.

My recommendation is anything horween leather, 12.75 hweb... That new louisville flare on Morton's for 200 os perfect

Or you could go VINCI BMB, I'm just not a fan of their 5 oz kip leather...its great fort the first season, iffy after.. their 6oz CP gloves are L E G I T tho

shockfinder

Addicted to Softballfans
Im gonna second the 1799 and gmp55 notions. Good for IF and OF. Used the 1799 at SS, 2B, 3B, and OF. It's money. The gmp55 is nice too, i Just prefer the Wilson.

MNCFer

Mr. Glass
I'd echo the above...just depends what brand you want to go with...

Mizuno - GMP55
Wilson - 1799
Rawlings - 504 (if you can find one)...but more likley a 303 pattern
Vinci - RV1961

For me personally it would go Rawlings, Mizuno, Vinci, Wilson (just not a huge fan of the 1799 pattern, too long for my taste)

Wilson XLC is another good option if you like a closed web...actually my favorite Wilson pattern, just wish I could get an H on it :(

propreferred

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok well i'm gonna sound like a broken record but imo some of the best soft patterns are the Mizuno GMP55, Wilson 1799, or Rawlings pro302(fb for the deeper pocket). Never tried a Vinci bc i'm in Canada but do see a lot of guys with these in tourneys.

Personally, I like Novak gloves, for just a little bit more you can have a fully customized glove. I have had mine for over 5 years playing in for leagues in the spring/summer and 3 in the fall.

http://novakathletics.com/sports/category.aspx?categoryID=1

And for the same price you can get a higher quality glove in a wilson or rawlings. That is if you don't want the crazy color schemes you can get from these custom manufacturers out of mexico.