Need some help from the miken guys

Raptor12

Star Player
Hey guys, not asking whats the best bat for this that or the other. I just want to know what things you like about miken, and what you dont like, everything from feel, pop, customer service..all that. Looks like they have a pretty good stick in the DC41, do they have something comparable in the ASA line? And what would make you swing Miken over say Easton or Demarini.

Thanks in advance.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
For Utrip the DC-41 is good to go from swing one pretty much. I didn't like any of the ASA bats that I swung from Miken.

spm8907

Addicted to Softballfans
Have always liked Miken's feel, pop and distance when compared with other brands that I've swung. The top 2 or 3 bats for each company are going to be good sticks. For me, it for the most part comes down to feel at the plate. And I'm most comfortable swinging my psycho at the plate. I will BP with the L1 because of it's durability, especially in the winter months, but will always swing the psycho in a game or tourney.

freeze2104

Average E ringer
I was BIG into Demarini. I wouldn't put my stadium down for anything.. Last year our team went with Miken and I swung the psycho. Now when I swing the Demarini, it just doesn't feel as nice. I like the feedback the psycho gives when you hit the ball. I know if I miss or I hit it just right. I just started swinging the dc-41 and really like how it feels. It only has about 5 swings on it but the bat coming through the zone feels natural.

I swung a well broken in triad and I felt like I could do anything with it. I had all the confidence in the world with that bat so I would say you cant go wrong with Miken. I haven't been disappointed with any Miken I have swung.

Raptor12

Star Player
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Would you guys say mikens wheelhouse is more Utrip sticks than ASA? Oddly enough ASA dominates my area here with very little Utrip. What would you say is their main ASA bat.

chedched

Coach
The Freak52 is awesome as well. I split time between my Strima Triad and my Freak52. I like the sweet spot towards the end on the FrFreak52.

I also dropped Demarini to move to Miken. Haven't looked back.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing my DC for Utrip but I will stick to Demarini for ASA. Haven't found another brand that can compete with their ASA bats yet.

chedched

Coach
I swing my DC for Utrip but I will stick to Demarini for ASA. Haven't found another brand that can compete with their ASA bats yet.

I'd say he is completely right, except everything said about ASA. The triad and the freak 52 do just fine. I'll trade a factory team demarini hat for a Miken hat. Can't bring myself to wear it anymore.

The best part about Miken, spirals and rattles are the beginning of the fun. Demarini paint seams are the end of life.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd say he is completely right, except everything said about ASA. The triad and the freak 52 do just fine. I'll trade a factory team demarini hat for a Miken hat. Can't bring myself to wear it anymore.

The best part about Miken, spirals and rattles are the beginning of the fun. Demarini paint seams are the end of life.

To each their own. I've tried the freak 52 and the triad and neither held a candle to my aftermath or mercy.

juicebythefoot

Extra Hitter
I LOVE my mikens, but I have a hard time reaching past my L6.0 to grab anything else.

I have a Freak Revenge, its a single piece ASA stick. Miken says it is a Geno Buck MNation with a different end load and paintjob, then sold to Sports Authority as an exclusive.

I have a Triad Extreme ASA. Only got a few cuts on it so Im not sure yet.

I also have a '14 Easton L6.0. I love this bat!

chedched

Coach
To each their own. I've tried the freak 52 and the triad and neither held a candle to my aftermath or mercy.

Both the triad and the freak 52 I've used with hard balls (.44/375) and also at temps less than 50 degrees. The aftermath would explode in those conditions. The mercy would handle it but I swing 28 oz bats so it just isn't for me. The only thing demarini offers with good durability is the FU or the True One. I had a well broken in FU and sold it after swinging the triad.