need some help , NSA question

bentknee

Addicted to Softballfans
hi guys , we won the league 9 / 1, top 4 play for the check, down to nine guy's, surgery, business trip and one in the hospital , top of 5 we're up 8 to 6 monsoons start blowing in, we are home team , 1st guy walks next guy hits a 2 run shot 3rd batter hits a bleeder into right center then another 2 run shot then we shut them down , 10 to 8 , them , bottom 5 we score 1 , 10 to 9 them , then the ump calls the game . does the umpire have to make that call before the third out is made, I thought once the third out is made the next inning has to be played . I agree the game should have been called weather was getting really bad, but with 2 innings left in a playoff game,CMON MAN, does anyone know what the official NSA rulebook say's about this

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
hi guys , we won the league 9 / 1, top 4 play for the check, down to nine guy's, surgery, business trip and one in the hospital , top of 5 we're up 8 to 6 monsoons start blowing in, we are home team , 1st guy walks next guy hits a 2 run shot 3rd batter hits a bleeder into right center then another 2 run shot then we shut them down , 10 to 8 , them , bottom 5 we score 1 , 10 to 9 them , then the ump calls the game . does the umpire have to make that call before the third out is made, I thought once the third out is made the next inning has to be played . I agree the game should have been called weather was getting really bad, but with 2 innings left in a playoff game,CMON MAN, does anyone know what the official NSA rulebook say's about this

What are you bitching about? Unless NSA is different from the rest of the world, the game is either suspended and resumed from the spot where it was stopped or ended with the final score reverting the that at the bottom of the previous inning. That means you should have been awarded the win or had the opportunity to finish it at a later time

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
What are you bitching about? Unless NSA is different from the rest of the world, the game is either suspended and resumed from the spot where it was stopped or ended with the final score reverting the that at the bottom of the previous inning. That means you should have been awarded the win or had the opportunity to finish it at a later time

I read it as they finished the 5th inning and were down 1 run....so that would be the final score not the score from the 4th inning.

MaverickAH

What are you talking about? Five innings is a regulation game & the results stand. Unless that league has their own set of rules mandating that all 7 innings must be played, that's an official game. That's USA rule 5.3.C.

Addendum:
After briefly going through NSA rules, it seems that they consider 7 innings a regulation game. It seems that this should have been considered a suspended game according to NSA ruleset.

Last edited:

bentknee

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks guys ,I meant I ageed it was the right call to stop play,weather was really bad, and restart at another time, thanks for the input , really just trying to get it right,