Need some help with a Custom

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Guys...please don't reply if you don't actually know so this doesn't get off topic.

I'm going 13.5" and narrowed it down to 3 manufacturers do to my wants/needs in a glove. Wish I could do a Glovesmith but they refuse to make me one with an open back in 13.5" And it's a def no go for Vinci. Owned 2 and won't own one again. Not paying that kind of money to tear apart a glove a rebuild it when it's new. Not to mention they somehow don't know how to measure a glove cause my last one was .5" too short.

Gloveworks
44 Pro
Capire

Gonna do the top of the line Jap kip. For those that have also done the research are there any little sudden differences between them? Being large palm on one brand, one brand won't accommodate split welting, difference in leather quality or QC, lacing quality, etc. just trying to narrow it down. Obviously Capire is the most expensive for their high end stuff but also offer a couple more options. If anyone has a good contact at Gloveworks please lmk. Thanks everyone.

I've owned a 44pro and have handled a Capire, really good gloves with really nice leather. The 44pro was mesh and to this day it has held up very well the leather is stiff and thick you can't go wrong with it..as far as the Capire leather felt really nice too but as far as how it's held up in am not sure because it was my buddies glove and haven't spoken to him about the glove in a while, I'll ask him see what he says

Guys...please don't reply if you don't actually know so this doesn't get off topic.

I'm going 13.5" and narrowed it down to 3 manufacturers do to my wants/needs in a glove. Wish I could do a Glovesmith but they refuse to make me one with an open back in 13.5" And it's a def no go for Vinci. Owned 2 and won't own one again. Not paying that kind of money to tear apart a glove a rebuild it when it's new. Not to mention they somehow don't know how to measure a glove cause my last one was .5" too short.

Gloveworks
44 Pro
Capire

Gonna do the top of the line Jap kip. For those that have also done the research are there any little sudden differences between them? Being large palm on one brand, one brand won't accommodate split welting, difference in leather quality or QC, lacing quality, etc. just trying to narrow it down. Obviously Capire is the most expensive for their high end stuff but also offer a couple more options. If anyone has a good contact at Gloveworks please lmk. Thanks everyone.

aggiemechengr16

Part Time Player
Had a 13.5" Gloveworks made last year in steerhide leather. It was very heavy, not sure how the kip leather compares. It measured true to size. Also, the heel lacing comes laced reversed unless you request normal lacing direction. I posted pictures last year of it if you haven't seen them.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I'm not a rep.

I am friends with the CEO of GW, and I service their gloves and handle warranty repairs.

I also service 44 Pro gloves and handle their warranty repairs.