Need some info/advice on Classic M's(40/325) softballs.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking to try a different ball manufacture this year, For years our Fall Ball team has always used X-Rocks, Evil and Dudley balls. I'd like to try the Apex Classic M's but they are not yet available. I know that there are those people who are brand loyal and swear by such and such brand. I prefer Trump Stote/X-Rocks but just want to try something different for a change. BTW, does anyone make a multi layer softball in a Classic M(40/325) version?

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
The multi-layer balls like the Thunder Advance and the Evil MCT are banned now so that's a no go, they stopped production like 3 OR 4 years ago. The next best thing are the ZNs but the cover is suspect on durability but they are the best performing Classic M IMO. The Tattoos are a close 2nd

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
The multi-layer balls like the Thunder Advance and the Evil MCT are banned now so that's a no go, they stopped production like 3 OR 4 years ago. The next best thing are the ZNs but the cover is suspect on durability but they are the best performing Classic M IMO. The Tattoos are a close 2nd

I would LOVE to get my hands on some Thunder Advances or the Evil Micro Cells, our league doesn't care what they are as long as they have the Utrip Stamp on them.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Try the Tattoo NX3, 1pc ball that's a little different & better than straight any synthetic cover ball I've tried.

ropeswing1961

Addicted to Softballfans
We hit the baden Lexum classic m in league and I love them. I feel like they perform better than any other ball ive ever used. Even in the heat they still fly.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband

ISA still allows multi-layers and you can get them without association stamps.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
True story bruh... league night tonight, we are pounding the ball (Dudley ZN Classic M) all over the place. Other team gets whiny and goes to the LD's representative at the fields to say we are using an illegal ball--yes, the Dudley ZN Classic M--because they say these are harder, lighter balls and are meant for Conference play. She comes to me to ask me to remove them from the game, and I gave her one to show the LD tomorrow so he can explain to me why they would be illegal for play. I am bewildered but a fight almost ensues. I already love the ZNs, this just makes me love it more.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
True story bruh... league night tonight, we are pounding the ball (Dudley ZN Classic M) all over the place. Other team gets whiny and goes to the LD's representative at the fields to say we are using an illegal ball--yes, the Dudley ZN Classic M--because they say these are harder, lighter balls and are meant for Conference play. She comes to me to ask me to remove them from the game, and I gave her one to show the LD tomorrow so he can explain to me why they would be illegal for play. I am bewildered but a fight almost ensues. I already love the ZNs, this just makes me love it more.

Nice! I still have a few ZN's from last year, I just may have to take a second look at them.

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
Just looked over the Dudley catalog again, the ZN designation only refers to the composite cover material which is really thin and tight. The laces are very low profile too.

Hoodrats84

HRO Hero
God dot extreme are what we use over all balls

As far as what's available and legal for Utrip 2015 I think these are the way to go. I think a lot of people overlook them because of the historically poor performance of the synthetic gold dots. The Extremes seem to hold up really well, even for multiple games. Even got a few in the bp bag that are rewarding to hit after probably hundreds of hits.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
We use both the ZN and Gold Dot Extreme here in IL Utrip and GSL, both are really good, I would give the edge to the ZN. I was skeptical when I saw the GD in GSL, but was pleasantly surprised.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We use both the ZN and Gold Dot Extreme here in IL Utrip and GSL, both are really good, I would give the edge to the ZN. I was skeptical when I saw the GD in GSL, but was pleasantly surprised.

I question whether the GSL Classic M's are really as rigorously tested as their UTrip counterparts. Maybe it's just because they're a new ball and they're all brand new, but they were way harder than any Classic M I'd ever hit, especially in the heat. I'm pretty sure ours were Worth, but don't know if thye were extremes or not.