need tiebreaker help for standings

Mikeredskins

Due to rainouts and schedule limitations I have a weird scenario for a corporate softball league (there are only 5 teams in league so one team is eliminated from playoff contention). Two teams will end up with same amount of wins, however one team beat the other head to head twice, so they own that tiebreaker. But the team that lost head to head has played 1 less game, and thus technically has a better percentage.

Team A 3-5 (but beat Team B 2x)
Team B 3-4

Again, no dates to make up the other game, how do you award a playoff spot (and I know, sub .500 nothing notable, but a conversation for another day lol :) )
Thanks for your input!

RDD15

Addicted to Softballfans
Team B has a better record. Best to schedule a makeup game if possible, but won-loss record needs to be the default otherwise I think. I suppose it depends on exactly what your rules say.

fitzpats

AKA - The Anti Ringer
Win % puts team B ahead. If there's an issue, just tell them they should have won more games. Hahaha. Head-to-head should only matter if they have the same record. 0.429 > 0.375.

MaverickAH

Is it possible to schedule a "play in" game on the same day that the playoffs start? It wouldn't even have to be a complete game. It could be "sudden death". Whoever is ahead at the end of a completed inning is the winner even if it just 1 inning.

If the answer is, "No", you have to go with the team with the highest winning percentage.

SammyJaxxx

Starting Player
Is it possible to schedule a "play in" game on the same day that the playoffs start? It wouldn't even have to be a complete game. It could be "sudden death". Whoever is ahead at the end of a completed inning is the winner even if it just 1 inning.

If the answer is, "No", you have to go with the team with the highest winning percentage.

This was going to be my suggestion. However, it is important to note that a tiebreaker implies that there is a tie to be broken. Here the teams are not tied. Team B has a better record.