New 2015 Combats

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Small review of all 3. The Wanted.... Derby Boys... Portent...ASA. Tattoo 52 300 balls used.

*26 oz Wanted weighs 27.2 on the digital scale. That is with a built up knob that I like.
It reminds me of the Dirty ASA with the connection piece. Right around 50 hits in on a 290 field. Stiff up to about 25 or 30 hits. Nice Crack sound at 50 in. Ball comes off decent. Produced a lot of knuckle balls at first but thinking that was myself and the couple others that hit. We hit about 10 or so out between 3 of us. It swings with a endload in my opinion. It really did feel smooth though.

*27 oz Derby Boys weighs in at 27.1 on the scale. Feels like a nice endload in my opinion. It reminds me of the 275 Derby Boys but maybe not quite as much of the endload. We were all very impressed with this bat. Considerable amount of the Combat Crack sound after very few hits. I would say 25 or so in the sound was that distinct Combat crack. The ball seemed to really jump off this bat all around. Between homeruns and gap shots, the ball got there very quickly. This bat is far better then the Derby Boys from 2014. I believe it is only going to get better with every swing. Right now it is one of my favorite. Not many hits to determine that though.

*27 oz Portent weighs 27.1 on the scale. It still seems to feel like a slight endload to it. Not near the Derby Boys though. I think this bat reminds me of the 2014 to some point though. Pretty slow at first but it will only get better. I don't think this bat received the attention tonight as the other but it was pretty crisp through the zone. The ball come off hard and you think it was gone but would come up a little short. There were a few shots with it though.

With these being all new and not many swings yet, good things should come. I am way more impressed with these then the 2014 models. I have the Dirty and the the All Stamp Greinert Derby Boys and these are just stupid hot. I have good feelings that the new line will produce better then the 2014 Derby Boys, Wanted, and Portent. Out of those 3 I did like the Portent the best though for the 2014 line. With things between Combat and Easton happening now, I think things will only get better. That is my 2 cents. Hope to read what you guys are thinking.

Great reviews, Looking forward to more feedback from others as these trickle into peoples hands. Im very excited to try out the new Portents!

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Disc

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all the ASA ones do have the disc.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
I agree the 27oz 2015 DB has some junk on the trunk.

It definitely does. I was very happy when I pulled it out of the box. It really reminds me of the 275 which I really loved. I like a nice enlarge feel.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Great reviews, Looking forward to more feedback from others as these trickle into peoples hands. Im very excited to try out the new Portents!

I did like the 2014 for sure out of all of them. It had a nice feel and a definite crack when you squared it up and drilled it! I feel this one will be great too!

convectuoso

The Veteran
Used new DBA & Portent tonight, & they murder the mush balls immediately. Agree with weight distribution assessments above.

If only there was more ball to be played up here, I would so be unwrapping a new bat next week! Its gonna be wood and old metal only very soon...frost on the ground and a chill in the air.

JRoc

Addicted to Softballfans
I received last year's model as a return. I just want to know when the new ones will be for purchase.

GL0cK

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung the new USSSA Portent last night. Almost feels like a midload on the bat. Swings a lot like the first Dirty. The ball was jumping off the bat from the first swing. Impressed with the performance.

convectuoso

The Veteran
This makes me happy to hear. I should have my DBA in by next week.

Was hitting extremely mushy balls at my games last night, used the DBA and Portent straight out of the wrapper. First ball with the Portent was smoked for gap double, and first ball with DBA was a knuckling line drive HR well over the 300' fence. Both bats felt equally hot, just different weight distribution and (at least to me) the handle on the Portent felt a little thinner.

chubbs

Team Sporting Goods
Was hitting extremely mushy balls at my games last night, used the DBA and Portent straight out of the wrapper. First ball with the Portent was smoked for gap double, and first ball with DBA was a knuckling line drive HR well over the 300' fence. Both bats felt equally hot, just different weight distribution and (at least to me) the handle on the Portent felt a little thinner.

I noticed that as well with the Portent. Thought it was just me!!

bigbambino85

Addicted to Softballfans
anyone have any feed back on the 2015 dirty, I know the cg275 is getting lots of love but wondering how the dirty is??

TxSwitchman

Addicted to Softballfans
Used my DBA last night at league and all my hits got out the infield very quickly and I only put about 50 bp hits on it Thursday. :D:D:bigok:

jcmcelyea

part-time EH
2015 wanted dual stamp is smoking hot. Got about 60 cut on it and there is tracking everywhere......so, not sure what the durability will be like. ASA wanted is good but is taking more cuts to open up and does not show the same signs of wear as the dual stamp. Both are very gtg in my book.