new ASA balls....52/300 ?

tpkelley66

Addicted to Softballfans
anybody hit these things yet? i've got a well broken in SRV3 and sp12sy98. just wondering how these are gonna hit the new balls

Wheels33

Coach
Just cut the ball when you want the long ball. I find the harder I swing dead center of the ball, it doesn't get a lot of distance. But when I just do a relaxed good form swing - cutting the ball, it goes to the warning track! Still feels weird hitting the 52's for me. I swing the G/Y Craze and Crush.
BTW not a home run hitter. Just warning track power.

dgambill85

Banned User
How have hear balls been out for three years now and people are still asking if anyone has hit them. All Asa sanctioned events are moving to them so people should start practicing with them now.

cyoung187

Coach
They really aren't that bad. Some guys freak out when they can't hit the long ball anymore. God forbid they would have to hit the gym or practice more to get better. Our league is switching to mush, and you can already smell all the butthurt.

Your bats will be fine.

bricard07

The Rookie
I just moved from wa to San Diego and these balls suck. I have been noticing that guys who were swinging asa sticks were hitting the ball much farther than utrip bats. My buddy was pop ups and warning track then he went to a Demarini asa, not altered, and started hitting bombs. So r the asa bats better for these mush balls?

dgambill85

Banned User
For the last time these balls don't suck if you're a good hitter. If you're squarin every ball
Up then no you're not gonna get the distance. You have to cut it. Also yes the new Asa bats are the best thig to come out since the ultra.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Balls are fine. Either need good mechanics or be a masher. Bats made for the ball do better.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
So does the LS asa z2k hit these balls as I've only hit 44/375 here and we don't know if our asa league will follow.

jstrong

They love to hate me
For ASA we moved to these last year. The Z's, PST's ( or the metal of your fancy ), Flipper ect all do well with these balls.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
No, no one has ever hit a ball that's been out for like three years now. Ever.

This ish needs to stop. FFS it's a ball, just hit it.