New ASA bats and 44s

badluckg

Addicted to Softballfans
So I got a Flipper OG in a trade but my league uses 44/375 balls and I know that the Flipper will blow up as we already broke a US Aftermath in less than a month. Had an offer to get althe new Helmer but not sure it will last any longer than the Flipper. I have an Insane and love it with no issues yet. Any recommendations on something that will last as I know with the 44s most bats hit them well just want it to hit them well for a while.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 13, 14, and 15 ASA only Combats all held up well with the 44s. That's all I ever hit them with as my situation was like yours. No ASA tournies where I lived, but leagues allowed them and hit 44/375 balls. I haven't hit any of the 16s though.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
That Helmer will last twice as long as a flipper would. Any of the Eastons would be a good fit for 44's. Combats can also handle them as jbo mentioned. There won't be a break in period with the Combats though so they'll need to be game only.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
derby boys, wanteds, dirtys from 13-15 handle 44's really well and can be had relatively inexpensivly.