New Balance Turf??

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Hey guys just curious does New Balance make a turf shoe in a mid cut? I cant seem to find any so I assume they don't. If not who has the 4040 turf and how do you like them? I have been using adidas trails the last couple years and am considering trying out new balance. I do have a pair of speedcross 3's also but not sure I will use them.

thx MB

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys just curious does New Balance make a turf shoe in a mid cut? I cant seem to find any so I assume they don't. If not who has the 4040 turf and how do you like them? I have been using adidas trails the last couple years and am considering trying out new balance. I do have a pair of speedcross 3's also but not sure I will use them.

thx MB

im in the exact same boat. I like my adidas trails but im wanting something that offers a wide option. Considered the 4040 turfs but really looking at the tread i dont think id get a lot of traction in the OF grass when its wet.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
trust me when i say new balance turfs are not wide lol i have bad feet which lead to knee problems and lower back pain. new balance 4040 turfs did help a little bit. the only issue is the insole flattens out very quick so then it feels like you are running barefoot. the quality is great and traction was never an issue.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
trust me when i say new balance turfs are not wide lol i have bad feet which lead to knee problems and lower back pain. new balance 4040 turfs did help a little bit. the only issue is the insole flattens out very quick so then it feels like you are running barefoot. the quality is great and traction was never an issue.

But they are just low cuts right? I cant find any mid cuts turfs from them just a molded cleat in mid cut.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans

even the "extra wide" isnt wide?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i had some NB 950 turfs in low and in highs. looks like they make them in mids but they call them "umpire" shoes. but they look pretty much identical to my 950 highs. they don't look as cook as NB's newer turfs, but they are well made, comfortable and good traction. they aren't the best in wet grass, but i dont think any turfs are great in wet grass. i play IF so never had a problem with traction.

mu950ms_nb_14_i

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
If you end up buying the new balance turfs. Get a half size bigger than you normally wear.

^^^ Definitely... Just picked up a pair Monday n they feel amazing haven't played in them yet but warming up in them they felt pretty good real light but my concern as well is traction in out field also durabilty

bigrich951

Extra Hitter
Update: these turfs are no good IMO on top of that the price is fairly high honestly not worth the $ you will be slipping and sliding indeed

ponch15

Free Agent 'Latino'
If you end up buying the new balance turfs. Get a half size bigger than you normally wear.

If you go 4040v2, I'd say a full size up. They don't have a wide option, but they're roomy. And I'd agree on the flattened insole. But I use powerstep 3/4 inserts inside mine.

Last edited: