New bat!

D_reed9

I'm buying a new bat this week. I haven't played in several years and I'm looking for a new bat. If you could go buy any new bat available witch one would it be? The last bat I bought was a miken recoil.

D_reed9

I play utrip but I'm open to both utrip and asa bats. I'm not really a power hitter but can when needed. I have just been out for a while and have no idea. Thanks in advance.

Mr. G

(213) L.A. Confidential
I'll jump in first before you get flamed for this post...

Please be more specific so the board can help you out...

How much you play each association...? Do you prefer 1 piece or 2 piece bats...? What is your budget...?

Let us know more info so we can try to help you out.

-G

D_reed9

That's the problem. I don't know what I prefer. I guess a two piece because I'm not really a power hitter but im open to both. Around $300 for the budget. I'm just looking for any advice. I really only play utrip just thought that we might play tournaments that are asa. In other words what is the most common bat agreed upon in 2016. Thanks for the heads up.

D_reed9

I like it alright but the sweet spot is very small. Also took a several hundred swings to open up.you have to hit it perfect for a good ri .

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Call the store fore the greinert, then check out the board for what you want your second bat to be.

23hitman23

Addicted to Softballfans
If I could buy a bat without my wife flipping out I would get a Demarini Future. I used one last yr while stationed in Hawaii and loved it. Sadly it was out of my price range.

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Greinert's a good bat, but I would go with one each of the 2014 OG Boombah Boss in ASA and USSSA. $180 total for both shipped, ASA version is off the hook. Spend $20 on Lizard Grips and you're GTG. Take the other $100 and upgrade your other equipment.

Then laugh when you smoke the ball and they ask you how much you paid for it.

jd10

Came to make a bang
Call the store fore the greinert, then check out the board for what you want your second bat to be.

Is the greinert better for some balls than others if any of guys happen to know? The price is so crazy i feel like i have to get one, but just wanted to make sure it's not for some than others.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Can get a Solo Z dual stamped for $170, Boombah Dually for $199, any Dual Stamped Combat can be had for less than $100 on Ebay(older models). Plenty of choices out there, without getting close to your $300 budget.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Strictly Utrip I would go with a Miken Freak 30. Mainly depends if you like balanced, midload or endloaded bats. 2 piece bats arent just for singles hitter fyi, not sure why you are thinking that way. :cool:

kw35

Addicted to Softballfans
Miken Freak30
Miken Freak Black Maxload
Worth Fulk Elite
Worth Legit 220 Purcell, Connell, JH etc.

All could be had for $200-$220/each NIW

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
call the store. First...... Thrn txt me i have a 27oz freedom Blackout. Mizuno. Ill make you a helava deal and it will swing like a recoil. Once you get some swings into her, you wont find a bettef bat for the money. Jlmk
Welcome to your new obsession.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I'm buying a new bat this week. I haven't played in several years and I'm looking for a new bat. If you could go buy any new bat available witch one would it be? The last bat I bought was a miken recoil.

Get you a 26.5 future and enjoy. The 14/15/ or USA it don't matter.