New CL22

bartxe

1st base coach
So, I used the Pink CL22 for 2 seasons. It finally broke... I got the 2016 CL22 and bp'd it for the first time yesterday. I always read about them coming hot out of the wrapper, but I don't feel like it is. When I first got the pink CL22 I didn't like it, but I continued to BP it. I tried selling and trading it initially, but once i got a couple few hundred swings on it, it was amazing. I kinda feel the same about the '16. Yesterday I probably put 100 cuts on it and it felt horrible compared to the '15 uflip and '15 usa aftermath fresh out of the wrapper. It swings smooth, but the barrel was stiff, killed my hands and had about the same pop as i would imagine a dead tree limb would have... However, I'm not going to give up on it, if its anything like the previous, it will be my go to utrip bat as soon as its broken in. FYI, was hitting mixed bag of balls from classic plus to evil bp rockets.

Krush411

Manager
I got the new cl22 and sold it. I went with 28 oz. hoping it would run light like my '15 cl22 but it didn't. It felt like a log and the end load was way more pronounced than my '15. Maybe I got a dud. Just ordered an insane u to replace it.

Dan411

Star Player
So, I used the Pink CL22 for 2 seasons. It finally broke... I got the 2016 CL22 and bp'd it for the first time yesterday. I always read about them coming hot out of the wrapper, but I don't feel like it is. When I first got the pink CL22 I didn't like it, but I continued to BP it. I tried selling and trading it initially, but once i got a couple few hundred swings on it, it was amazing. I kinda feel the same about the '16. Yesterday I probably put 100 cuts on it and it felt horrible compared to the '15 uflip and '15 usa aftermath fresh out of the wrapper. It swings smooth, but the barrel was stiff, killed my hands and had about the same pop as i would imagine a dead tree limb would have... However, I'm not going to give up on it, if its anything like the previous, it will be my go to utrip bat as soon as its broken in. FYI, was hitting mixed bag of balls from classic plus to evil bp rockets.

I got the new cl22 and sold it. I went with 28 oz. hoping it would run light like my '15 cl22 but it didn't. It felt like a log and the end load was way more pronounced than my '15. Maybe I got a dud. Just ordered an insane u to replace it.

You guys should be Demarini reps. You sure know how to hype a bat. JK :)

bartxe

1st base coach
Exactly why I posted this. Always reading how a bat is the hottest on the market and game ready out of the wrapper. However, I'm not saying it's a dud, however. I think that the cl22's are a very under rated bat simply because it takes actual work to get it going.

JPG

Lefty
Nothing wrong with putting 500 cuts on a bat before its amazing :D If it does not paint peel I would be very happy. Have not heard yet.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
OP, what weight did you get? Ive had 2 26 oz 2016 cl22's so far and both were lightning out of the wrapper. But it may be like the J3a's that the heavier weights werent as good until after about a couple hundred more swings.

SBG SHREK

Coach
Exactly why I posted this. Always reading how a bat is the hottest on the market and game ready out of the wrapper. However, I'm not saying it's a dud, however. I think that the cl22's are a very under rated bat simply because it takes actual work to get it going.

Just get a Freak30!!! Problem solved

bartxe

1st base coach
OP, what weight did you get? Ive had 2 26 oz 2016 cl22's so far and both were lightning out of the wrapper. But it may be like the J3a's that the heavier weights werent as good until after about a couple hundred more swings.

I actually got a 26. not by choice though. I warrantied the 2015 Uflip (that broke first day out of the wrapper)

Demarini sent me a 26 instead of my requested 27. which isnt all that bad because the endload seems more pronounced than previous.

also, I checked. It wasnt just a paint crack. lol

Dan411

Star Player

Yeah definitely, I was just razzin you. I wish more people would post both fresh out of wrapper and 200+ swing reviews. A lot of the newer stamp bats are worth putting in the work for if they don't immediately impress. I actually like those bats best, because I like to BP what I game. Most of the bats in my sig don't support that statement however LOL.

bartxe

1st base coach
I went out this afternoon and hit about 150-175 balls off a tee. I can say that it is coming along nicely. I was hitting the ball consistently farther by the end of the round. Also I did notice the sound change about half way though. This last round, I was definitely tired and starting to get sore but the balls continued to launch. I did notice that all of the ball marks were within 6-8 inches from the end cap so I decided to try and hit a few closer to the taper. *** For all of you guys saying this bat is hot out of the wrapper... You must have been hitting off this area. Balls were flying off the inside half of the barrel! There were seriously no ball marks in this part of the bat and it seemed much softer than, what I figured the sweet spot was. I cant wait to game this bat. I may need to set up closer to the plate than normal though! lol anyways, thanks for reading, and here is an impromptu video of the last round.
[ame]https://youtu.be/aWAlw71OfjU[/ame]
Left the go pro at home so I just used my iPhone. It was windy, I could barely keep the ball on the tee (don't buy this tee. its horrible)
Apparently the sound didn't convert... I'm new at this video editing

Last edited: