New D Lab stuff

chile

Bad Ape
I saw the pics on FB...ASA Juggy still with the alloy handle? or was that just a photoshop of the DB nautalai and they forgot to erase the handle print?

chile

Bad Ape
The Phoenix el edition would resemble the Brunghardt juggy asa with alloy handle im guessing?? Not sure the el amount on either bat is all

the 26.5 phenix I had felt almost balanced :/...hit nicely but too light.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I heard (credible) rumours of Nautalai 2.0 in June.

FWIW - And it's all I know. Something to the effect of when Easton did FF2 instead of making more of the OG FF.

Party mafia

I heard (credible) rumours of Nautalai 2.0 in June.

FWIW - And it's all I know. Something to the effect of when Easton did FF2 instead of making more of the OG FF.
won't that be not a lie 3.0? Since the not a lie 1.0 was the black bat, the 2.0 is the red el and white balanced, the LE not a lie 2.1, and the not a lie 3.0 in june.

THESHOE

Starting Player
The Black OG is way too special too be called 1.0

;)

(And I think maybe because it was a D-Lab ltd release and not a full line... So 2.0 Full line?)

won't that be not a lie 3.0? Since the not a lie 1.0 was the black bat, the 2.0 is the red el and white balanced, the LE not a lie 2.1, and the not a lie 3.0 in june.

The Black Bat too?

The Red Bat. Very slight difference in paint scheme.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Well, I'll tell you this much...

Right now my options would be to get in on the LE/Red Bat "or" wait without any ETA or info on a back order Red Nautalai mainline bat.

If I want this bat by June, well....

Both carry the same retail currently....

Only bridge going to collapse is the value of the bats that aren't Continous Fiber tech or Mistress from what I can see. (Juggy and Fulk likely to plummet)

The Fulk is good. Real good in fact. But takes work to get hot.

The other 2 are dumb out of wrapper. So they get the due hype. And when it comes to consistency and sweet spot size, the red one wins. Making it the top hype.

Funny how they are riding the "Red Bat" train until the bridge collapses. The LE bat for $350 is laughable.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Has to be my guess.

Why does the DC41/Harvey get all the hype but not the Freak Bal or Dedonatis etc?

In my experience, the white bat was every bit as good, just swing super Balanced and that isn't really my jam these days. Barrel is exact same tech, handle is the same.

TBH even the Red one felt more 1/2 loaded or like a Melon.

Curious about them adding the DB44 model of Nautalai with a sledgey EL.

I think it's just a case of which one suited the masses the best here.

So why doesn't the balanced version get the same hype ? Just fewer players using them ?

Last edited:

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Has to be my guess.

Why does the DC41 get all the hype but not the Freak Bal?
Huge fan of the Freak 20th Balanced. My balanced Miken Freakshow is possibly one of the best bats I've used in quite a while. I'm crossing my fingers they lower the price on them even more so I can grab another.

TRaj2327

What is the fascination of it having the D Lab stamp on it? The red bat is the same, if not better than the original black Nautali that was a D-Lab.

Additionally, the DB44 Juggy is gas and has flown under the radar the last 3 years, last year and this year especially, where they have been phenomenal. I have swung nothing but that bat basically and haven't looked back. They perform neck and neck with with any bat on the market - radar confirmed.

sscroggin

Yada Yada Yada
The reason I was asking about the D-Lab stuff is that it seems to be marketed as a more experimental line. I have the first nautalia and it's one of my favorite bats. I want nothing to do with the new line as they changed the handle to the same one they use on every other bat. yawn. I'm not saying that they don't perform. I'm sure they do. I was just curious as to what else they might be making that may be a little different.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Couldn't tell you.

Last year the Black Nautalai was a brand new tech. And it showed. Now you had them drop in mainlines with alloy handles - Red & White. The barrels are comparable, but the 2019s win on their better paint and durability. We can argue the handle difference all day, but the general masses prefer the alloy. So yes, better for the masses for 2019...

Not sure why the D-Lab version.... I know there's backordered mainline reds yet to be filled... The hype and tech is for real. But why they couldn't just make more of the mainline red, no idea.

DB44 Juggy is awesome - If you hit 40/44/47cor balls. Takes a fair bit of work into it to wake up, unlike TM and Nautalai. Will also stand up to those balls with time.

With 52cor balls I wouldn't recommend the Juggy at all, and believe me I wanted more than anything to say the contrary this year (2018 is same story tbh). I wanted to love that bat more than any. Felt great, swings great, looked great indoors all winter. But the barrel performance just wasn't there with the rest of the line, or the competition. Especially once I got outside. It swings with a great kick and big mass behind the ball. Barrel just doesn't feel like it's on the level of the "good" bats for 52cor balls (Miken/Worth, FireFlex lines, TM, Nautalai) Doesn't seem to get to that softer worked in stage and hit them top notch. So do you sling a knife or a gun in a gunfight?

With the 52cor ball we game here, my Juggy won't be the gamer. Might be my fav feeling bat, but it is not the top performer. And the others beat it by a noticeable margin.

Granted, the 52s increase durability on the Nautalais and TMs by a good margin for us. So perhaps that's a portion of the debate to factor in.

That being said, I am off to go hit my Juggy with Rocks in the hope that the barrel softens up some more.

What is the fascination of it having the D Lab stamp on it? The red bat is the same, if not better than the original black Nautali that was a D-Lab.

Additionally, the DB44 Juggy is gas and has flown under the radar the last 3 years, last year and this year especially, where they have been phenomenal. I have swung nothing but that bat basically and haven't looked back. They perform neck and neck with with any bat on the market - radar confirmed.